SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Okay, judging from the patch notes alone (without having touched the 1.1.3 patch at all)...

Did Ganon and Kirby get buffed? They're the two non-DLC characters I main seriously, so this is something I want to know.

Don't have the money right now, but I'll definitely try out the last DLC characters.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad I forgot Bayonetta was a character. But cool, as long as she isn't a character from another company.

Corrin also I had little information about (I mean I knew he was in Fates). Was trying to avoid spoilers for Fates, not cool that they revealed that he's a dragon.

Cloud still I don't like in this game. Not to mention his combat kinda sucks too.

Overall, it could have gone a lot worse. We could've gotten 6 new characters instead of 3 and some of the characters could have been more 3rd parties. I'm glad there is no more DLC though, what are they gonna add to Smash 5 if they keep going?

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, December 16, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, December 16, 2015 - No reason given

Please delete.

Edited by Jave

I feel bad I forgot Bayonetta was a character. But cool, as long as she isn't a character from another company.

She is. She was created by Platinum and owned by SEGA. Nintendo only has the rights to Bayonetta, since they produced and published the game.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, December 16, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, December 16, 2015 - No reason given

Please delete.

Edited by Jave

Metal Gear fans right now though:

Whelp, the Smash hype train has come to stop, time to obsess over Zelda U for the next 10-11 months.

Bayonetta and Kamui would be amazing together.

Bayonetta: You want to touch me?

Kamui: Why… because before marriage, I can’t thoughtlessly touch a woman’s body. I understand your feelings… but please treasure yourself more.

this is so perfect omg

almost as perfect as

[12/15/15, 3:30:41 PM] Dmaian: can we talk about corrin's tagline being "chooses to smash"

[12/15/15, 3:30:52 PM] anakin irl: what about it

[12/15/15, 3:30:56 PM] anakin irl: lol

[12/15/15, 3:32:08 PM] Dmaian: think of what smash means as slang

[12/15/15, 3:32:16 PM] anakin irl: OH

[12/15/15, 3:32:19 PM] anakin irl: hahahaha

[12/15/15, 3:32:21 PM] Euklyd: hahahahahahahaha

[12/15/15, 3:32:24 PM] Dmaian: and think of the waifu stuff in his game

Oh nice. Looks like Ganondorf's got quite a few buffs in this patch.

Also

illust-modal.jpg

I find it pretty god dang odd/pretty funny that they choose to Villager to be one of the characters to represent hell. Mr game and Watch and Peach duking it out with frying pans is great.

Edited by Jotari

Lucina, Little Mac & F!Villager are the purest forms of Evil.

I did a bit of Corrin analysis Shameless Front Page Article Advertisement Here

Dragon-fang appears in nearly all of Corrin's moves.

Yes No Unconfirmed

U-Smash

S-Smash

D-Smash

Gentleman's Jab (Tap-Tap-Tap) \ Rapid Jab (Tap-Tap-Hold)

F-Tilt

D-Tilt

U-Tilt

Dash Attack

N-Air

D-Air

B-Air

F-Air

U-Air

Grab-Pummel

N-Throw

U-Throw

B-Throw

D-Throw

N-Special

U-Special

D-Special

S-Special

Final Smash

2 taunts also confirmed

Edited by Elieson

Corrin also I had little information about (I mean I knew he was in Fates). Was trying to avoid spoilers for Fates, not cool that they revealed that he's a dragon.

Cloud still I don't like in this game. Not to mention his combat kinda sucks too.

Overall, it could have gone a lot worse. We could've gotten 6 new characters instead of 3 and some of the characters could have been more 3rd parties. I'm glad there is no more DLC though, what are they gonna add to Smash 5 if they keep going?

That was in the second trailer and was discussed plenty in Famitsu and other magazines; that's like saying "Was trying to avoid spoilers for The Empire Strikes Back, not cool that they revealed there's a Battle on Hoth".

That was in the second trailer and was discussed plenty in Famitsu and other magazines; that's like saying "Was trying to avoid spoilers for The Empire Strikes Back, not cool that they revealed there's a Battle on Hoth".

Probably a better thing to argue is that

Trying to avoid Star Wars: A New Hope spoilers. Not cool that they said Luke is a Jedi

Luke really doesn't end up doing much Jedi stuff in a New Hope. Not sure what that means for the faux spoiler territory. Course you'd also need to know what a jedi or hoth is for it to be a spoiler in the first place while most people happen to know what dragons are.

most people happen to know what dragons are.

They're a Subhuman Laguz/Manakete, which have been present in like every FE ever. The only "spoiler" is that finally, the main character is one.

Well, obviously it's going to be the end for characters. I just wonder if there is going to be any of the smaller stuff .

I think that's it. The way Sakurai did a recount of all characters, stages, mii costumes and music tracks made it sound the game is now complete.

Also:

5PjPD8t.png?1

Mewtwo has seemed to have got a lot of buffs as well as Ganon. All his aerials have less landing lag, better hitboxes, his up-air does more damage, and combos from down throw. YAY FOR THE WORLD'S STRONGEST POKEMON!

Literally the first trailer for If/Fates showed Corrin transforming into a dragon. I haven't played the game, but as I understand it this knowledge comes out pretty early.

Oh Sakurai you cheeky fucker.

MMOpQkK.jpg

Estuans interius ira vehementi
Estuans interius ira vehementi
Palutena!

Haha. I love it. Haha. I love it. Not sure why they went with the Advent Children clothing for it though.

Edited by Jotari

I can already sense Cloud being OP. His speed, range, and the fact that his down b is basically a chargable KO punch that can ledgeguard anyone is kind of unfair. His down b, side b, and side smash need to be nerfed I think. Down B should only kill at around 90% or more without rage.