I never notice how dark Mega man was until I started playing the X series.

IceBrand

Plaything through X 1-6 made me relies how dark the series was. The whole Sigma betraying X and trying to kill all the humans. Then there was X4 were

Sigma trying to drop the satellite on earth. Also Zero and X killing Colonel and General sacrificing his life

X is dark? Never really seemed that way to me. At least the X series was good to play until X4 when 5 & 6 dropped I was ok with 5 but 6 just made me go eh? I won't go into detail about 7 & 8.

Compared to Megaman, it really flipped 180ยบ. That's also why I really loved that series. I think I like darker plots more than lighter ones. =P

Also, if you consider X's true ending in X5 and the fact that Inafune was going to make X the main villain of the Zero series, but left that idea when the developpers thought it'd be too much, you fully understand just how dark the following series would have been.

The X series only got really dark after like X5 due to the whole Eurasia thing, and the Zero series was dark for sure, though I actually would've liked to see the initial idea above with X being a villain.

The original series was far from dark. Sure, Wily did have the upper hand once or twice, but he was a bit hard to take seriously as a villain.

Edited by The Batter