Hardest FE mode (except FE13 Lunatic+)

Chiki

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can FE12 Lunatic Reverse even be trivialized (short of a few maps with Knight Avatar for a little while)? I know Vanilla Loony can't be after awhile. (first few maps with Knight Avatar is the most and even then, his offense is very likely to be ass)

What I've been hearing is that the Knight Avatar can trivialize H4 after a couple of statboosters and a good win streak in the Drill Grounds, though I suspect that a) this isn't the most efficient path and b) lategame still requires a good team effort (I'm still on H3 though).

I don't really see offense being a problem for him since the Avatar can be reclassed to Pirate for good earlygame offense (a Noble's Child Avatar should have a very high chance of doubling at that stage in the game).

i honestly had a shitton more trouble with fe13 lunatic regular than any other mode in this series (this includes my first time around on that mode)

I actually agree. The first time I did FE13 Lunatic was right after my first Hard run. I found it really hard then (though I suppose I didn't use Nosferatu and didn't know Sol was that good. Also didn't know about +Def Avatar.).

H4 can be "trivialized" by sacrificing units. >_>

Edited by XeKr

Can FE12 Lunatic Reverse even be trivialized (short of a few maps with Knight Avatar for a little while)? I know Vanilla Loony can't be after awhile. (first few maps with Knight Avatar is the most and even then, his offense is very likely to be ass)

I suppose if you poured all your exp and statboosters from the shop into MU he could probably trivialize like 90% of the game in the proper class. The endgame is a different story, however.

90% of the game being until what exactly? The def cap is 30 and by Chapter 12 youre facing almost 40 atk enemies at 2 range. Not to mention there's Armorslayers and stuff. The DK cap for spd is also pretty bad. I think if anything, it would be about 50% of the game, but would still require quite a lot of secondary healing from physic users.

90% of the game being until what exactly? The def cap is 30 and by Chapter 12 youre facing almost 40 atk enemies at 2 range. Not to mention there's Armorslayers and stuff. The DK cap for spd is also pretty bad. I think if anything, it would be about 50% of the game, but would still require quite a lot of secondary healing from physic users.

I may have exaggerated the exact percentage but I don't feel like doing the research right now so I'm gonna take your word for it. 50% sounds about right.

Edited by Walhart

Are you certain about those ATK numbers? I remember 40 atk+ only commonly appearing around the final chapters(19,20 onwards), such as capped strength Fire Dragons in the final two chapters only having 45 Atk.

Apart from a couple bosses I'm pretty certain the attack of physical enemies is typically around the 30-35 region at that point, because I remember Palla being able to tank relatively well with ~25 defense around chapter 12 and 11/1 promoted Merric was at least able to take a single hit from most enemies.

Are you certain about those ATK numbers? I remember 40 atk+ only commonly appearing around the final chapters(19,20 onwards), such as capped strength Fire Dragons in the final two chapters only having 45 Atk.

Apart from a couple bosses I'm pretty certain the attack of physical enemies is typically around the 30-35 region at that point, because I remember Palla being able to tank relatively well with ~25 defense around chapter 12 and 11/1 promoted Merric was at least able to take a single hit from most enemies.

Chapter 12 Fire Dragons have 35-36 Atk in H2 looking at them, I think Wyverns were the 35 and Fire Dragons 38-40 or so in H3? It's been a while.

Ok, took a look at the Lunatic Enemy Stats thread. Wyverns = 33-34 and Fire Dragons = 36-37 in H3, so similar to H2 what the o_O

But yeah, It's trivializable until like Chapter 15 for sure, but then what do you do? You need to kill Gharnef, your res won't cut it and you will start getting 4HKO'd soon.

Edited by Peekayell

Chapter 12 Fire Dragons have 35-36 Atk in H2 looking at them, I think Wyverns were the 35 and Fire Dragons 38-40 or so in H3? It's been a while.

Ok, took a look at the Lunatic Enemy Stats thread. Wyverns = 33-34 and Fire Dragons = 36-37 in H3, so similar to H2 what the o_O

But yeah, It's trivializable until like Chapter 15 for sure, but then what do you do? You need to kill Gharnef, your res won't cut it and you will start getting 4HKO'd soon.

To answer your last question, that's what staff abuse is for. But then you start getting into the debate where any type of abuse can trivialize/staff abuse isn't real abuse blah blah blah...

But yeah, although FE13 Luna+ is definitely harder in the conventional sense (i.e. requires more resets etc.), FE12 Lunatic' definitely has a more solid difficulty. It's hard to explain, but hopefully you know what I mean.

HMMMM..... as a lover of the highest difficulty modes on FEs, I must say FE12 H3 and H4> FE13LM (Yeah changed my opinion on this) simply because FUCK FE12 ENDGAME AND PROLOGUE.

Other than that FE9MM> the rest(you expected me to list them all?)

Also Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 is more difficult than any FE difficulty mode.

Edited by 1% critted

Going to have to give it to FE8 EM. I ragequit around like C3 because the tutorials were too annoying.

Lol. FE8 EM confirmed for hardest to play mode.

Also Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 is more difficult than any FE difficulty mode.

Wait, this is a thing? That just made my day.

Going to have to give it to FE8 EM. I ragequit around like C3 because the tutorials were too annoying.

Can't argue with that.

I did a Sethsolo on EM for shits and giggles after my HM solo because I want to trash the game even harder

Those tutorials did not make it easy for my patience

Should've gone with NM whoop

Edited by Thor Odinson

• 2 weeks later...

Out of the games I've played I'd rank them like this (highest ranking possible, minus Lunatic Reverse 'cause I've never played it):

FE12 Lunatic

FE10 HM

FE6 HM

FE7 HHM

FE4

FE8 HM

FE9 HM

FE9 HM is laughably easy, even FE8 HM gives you trouble on Ephraim's route.

Wait, this is a thing? That just made my day.

Yes. FFT1.3 is ridiculous. My ass started getting handed to me since the 3rd battle and it didn't stop. You need to be an FFT master to beat that stuff.

It's a difficulty/balance patch of FFT by the way. But it is possible ( but I couldn't beat it because of a glitch in the final battle when the final boss entered it's second form).

Yes. FFT1.3 is ridiculous. My ass started getting handed to me since the 3rd battle and it didn't stop. You need to be an FFT master to beat that stuff.

It's a difficulty/balance patch of FFT by the way. But it is possible ( but I couldn't beat it because of a glitch in the final battle when the final boss entered it's second form).

That sounds a bit annoying though considering how many jobs,recruitment, stats, separate abilities, equipment choices there are to make. Is it difficult to the point it's important that you need understand an choose specific star sign generic characters for specific battles?

Edited by arvilino

This definitely sounds worth checking out. What aspects does it "balance" exactly? The game always struck me as fairly balanced. Also, does it account/allow for grinding?

Edit: Maybe we should make a new topic for this, this conversation is kind of off topic.

Edited by Walhart