HM LTC Take # 2

PKL

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By 1 tile (8) Just one more tile, baby (8)

Reminds me of Marth syndrome...

Anyway, I stopped because tonics got blocked by a double skirmish. Hu-fucking-rray.

;_;

Oh no. =_=

If you have a previous save file, you can try redoing whatever you did in a few hours to make them disappear. I had a Swordmaster and then a General on my Rescue shop and I had to restart both times to make them go away even after a couple days.

I got lucky. Cleared Chapter 7 with my last def tonic and str tonic on Robin and clearing the chapter cleared the Ch3 skirmishes at once. DISASTER AVOIDED...barely. Bought 6 of each tonic again, hope its enough. Anyways,

Chapter 7 2 turns

Robin paired with Frederick for that very essential move. She javelins a thief and counters an archer and a hand axe barbarian in EP. She also lures the wyverns. Ricken paired with the Vaike for a bit of def and chipped a barbarian turn 1, killing a wyvern with the wind forge (now 6 MT btw) in EP. Sumia paired with Kellam and she killed the barbarian Ricken chipped in Turn 1. Panne paired with Stahl and killed the nearby Archer. Turn 2, what I did was kill the lured Archer with Robin and she's in range of the last wyvern, the boss, etc, none of them have 2 range. Ricken kills a wyvern again, same with Miriel. And that's about it, really. Couldve gotten Ricken 1 more kill if Panne hadnt blicked one of the Wyverns in Turn 1.

Chrom  3.05  HP 22 Str 8  Mag 1  Skl 8  Spd 10 Lck 7  Def 7  Res 2  Sword E
Robin  11.80 HP 35 Str 20 Mag 17 Skl 23 Spd 28 Lck 12 Def 12 Res 13 Lance D
Fred   3.27  HP 30 Str 14 Mag 2  Skl 12 Spd 11 Lck 6  Def 14 Res 3  Sword D Lance A Axe D
Miriel 3.78  HP 20 Str 0  Mag 7  Skl 7  Spd 9  Lck 7  Def 4  Res 4  Tome D
Sumia  7.49  HP 24 Str 11 Mag 6  Skl 15 Spd 16 Lck 11 Def 8  Res 9  Lance D
Ricken 5.51  HP 22 Str 4  Mag 8  Skl 7  Spd 7  Lck 11 Def 7  Res 4  Tome D
Panne  8.27  HP 30 Str  8 Mag 1  Skl 10 Spd 12 Lck 8  Def 8  Res 3

Ricken getting more spd and def than mag in this playthrough. This can't go well.

EDIT: The tonics I bought were obviously after the chapter. Oh man, it feels good to be able to buy 1-2 range.

Edited by Peekayell

By 1 tile (8) Just one more tile, baby (8)

Reminds me of Marth syndrome...

Anyway, I stopped because tonics got blocked by a double skirmish. Hu-fucking-rray.

;_;

told you Marth sucks, should've listened

Your last record for chapter 9 was 3 turn right?

I THINK Chrom might want to have Rescue Staff ready so that you can fly Chrom -> Recruit Libra -> Trade RS -> Rescue someone -> www.frederickhammer.com

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Your last record for chapter 9 was 3 turn right?

I THINK Chrom might want to have Rescue Staff ready so that you can fly Chrom -> Recruit Libra -> Trade RS -> Rescue someone -> www.frederickhammer.com

Nah, the problem isn't really the boss. It's a wyvern on the right of Tharja that was troublesome to get to.

I found a strat that will let me 2 turn. Basically, I lure an Archer near Libra with Avatar, while still being able to get to the boss in Turn 2, Sumia kills the first archer in Turn 1 Player Phase by pairing with Frederick. Cordelia uses her Javelin forge and gets a dual strike Falchion from Chrom to take a wyvern down. The other wyvern is lured by Panne. Ricken lures a Javelin soldier, which he 2HKOs. Turn 2, Avatar kills boss. Cordelia trades Libra the rescue and switches to Steel Lance to kill a soldier nearby. Libra uses Rescue on Sumia and she goes right and kills Tharja and a bunch of enemies with another Javelin forge (oh god Im broke). First attempt I got some pretty awful levels on Sumia and while I saved, it won't be my final run though. (I have the chapter 9 save still)

Edited by Peekayell

Chapter 8 3 turns

Avatar, Sumia and Cordelia kill shit. Ricken paired with Lonqu and killed Dark Mages near the start and got Rescue. Cordelia got Master Seal.

Robin    13.88 HP 37 Str 21 Mag 17 Skl 25 Spd 30 Lck 14 Def 14 Res 13 Lance C
Sumia    9.95  HP 25 Str 11 Mag 7  Skl 17 Spd 17 Lck 13 Def 9  Res 9  Lance C
Ricken   6.50  HP 23 Str 4  Mag 9  Skl 7  Spd 7  Lck 12 Def 7  Res 4  Tome D
Panne    8.57  HP 30 Str 8  Mag 1  Skl 10 Spd 12 Lck 8  Def 8  Res 3
Cordelia 8.49  HP 26 Str 9  Mag 4  Skl 14 Spd 13 Lck 10 Def 9  Res 8  Lance C

Chapter 9 2 turns

Look above this post for the strat. Too lazy to repost. Avatar actually ORKOs boss cleanly, so the Killer Bow Archer got OHKO'd in Player phase 2, minimizing the risk. In fact, the only archer I had to face in EP was the one near Libra in Turn 1. Since Sumia ORKO'd the Tharja area one in Player Phase.

Robin    2.70  HP 41 Str 22 Mag 21 Skl 27 Spd 33 Lck 15 Def 15 Res 16 Lance C Tome C
Sumia    11.48 HP 26 Str 12 Mag 7  Skl 18 Spd 18 Lck 15 Def 11 Res 10 Lance C
Ricken   7.09  HP 24 Str 4  Spd 10 Skl 7  Spd 8  Lck 12 Def 8  Res 5  Tome D
Cordelia 9.96  HP 27 Str 12 Mag 5  Skl 15 Spd 14 Lck 11 Def 9  Res 8  Lance C
Edited by Peekayell

I THINK Chrom might want to have Rescue Staff ready so that you can fly Chrom -> Recruit Libra -> Trade RS -> Rescue someone ->

I never thought of that. That's a good idea.

I'm starting to get worried for my Sumia. Ch10 boss decided to act first instead of letting the other enemies try to kill Sumia Cordelia and Ricken, so they got less exp. Promoting her at Level 12 seems like a terrible idea.

The AI always makes the boss go first unless they can kill another unit. I learned that the hard way too.

I knew of it before, but I figured since Cordelia and Sumia were low enough in HP to die to any 2 enemies near them, they would get attacked instead. It seems the enemy AI only attacks before the boss if your unit can die to 1 enemy.

I knew of it before, but I figured since Cordelia and Sumia were low enough in HP to die to any 2 enemies near them, they would get attacked instead. It seems the enemy AI only attacks before the boss if your unit can die to 1 enemy.

Nah, I've had my units ganged up on by like 6 different units before. Chapter 13 comes to mind.

Nah, I've had my units ganged up on by like 6 different units before. Chapter 13 comes to mind.

But that was because every single enemy could kill if they hit, right? Guess I will just rig it until Cordelia and Sumia can actually die.

But that was because every single enemy could kill if they hit, right? Guess I will just rig it until Cordelia and Sumia can actually die.

No, they weakened them first.

The AI probably differs from chapter to chapter.

Chapter 10 2 turns

Sumia got me the Master Seal. Sully and Stahl reverse L'd so that Libra could max range rescue Robin and put her closer to boss. Ricken Cordelia and Sumia got a lot of exp.

Chapter 11 2 turns

Sumia promoted. Libra Wards Cordelia then gets danced by Olivia and he rescues Robin. Robin kills Gangrel area off and gets Rally Movement and gets to Level 7, killing the thief in player phase 2. Cordelia took down mages. Ricken got a kill and Sumia took the Master Seal hero area.

Robin    7.44  HP 46 Str 25 Mag 24 Skl 29 Spd 37 Lck 19 Def 16 Res 17 Lance C Tome B
Sumia    1.75  HP 30 Str 13 Mag 11 Skl 20 Spd 20 Lck 15 Def 12 Res 14 Lance C Tome E
Cordelia 12.69 HP 30 Str 14 Mag 5  Skl 18 Spd 17 Lck 11 Def 14 Res 9  Lance C
Ricken   8.22  HP 25 Str 4  Mag 11 Skl 7  Spd 8  Lck 12 Def 9  Res 5  Tome D
Libra    2.40  HP 40 Str 15 Mag 17 Skl 14 Spd 15 Lck 10 Def 12 Res 17 Axe C Staff C

I have a Spirit Dust, don't know if Ricken or Robin yet.

Edited by Peekayell

Gave the Dust to Dicken.

Chapter 12 2 turns

This one was kind of a pain. Much harder than in drafts, ironically. Basically, Avatar+Gaius go up and she sits in a spot where she lures the right side of the ship and the bow knight on the right (and all the enemies in the area). Sumia handles the left Bow Knight, while Cordelia Beastkillers the left side Paladin and Cavaliers. Ricken takes on 2 armors and a cavalier. Cherche basically hammered shit with Lon'qu in her pocket after a Def Tonic. Both Cordelia and Sumia worry me because they didn't proc str. Rage. Hmm, I should probably redo.

Robin    11.95 49 HP 26 Str 27 Mag 31 Skl 41 Spd 19 Lck 17 Def 19 Res Lance C Tome B
Sumia    2.62  30 HP 13 Str 11 Mag 21 Skl 21 Spd 15 Lck 12 Def 14 Res Lance C Tome E
Ricken   9.78  26 HP 4  Str 13 Mag 8  Skl 9  Spd 13 Lck 10 Def 8  Res Tome C
Cordelia 15.06 33 HP 14 Str 5  Mag 19 Skl 18 Spd 13 Lck 16 Def 11 Res Lance C
Libra    2.74 same as last chapter
Cherche  14.13 33 HP 17 Str 1  Mag 15 Skl 13 Spd 9  Lck 17 Def 2  Res Axe C
Edited by Peekayell