Enter: The Arena - Fire Emblem Character discussion Thread.

TharjaAssault

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see Roy using some Iaijutsu as well from his crit with the sword of seals as slight proof. Also hi Croph, I don't think we've talked all that much on smashboards but i'm Jedisupersonic on there haha

Heh, that's true. In FE6 he draws his sword before striking. Roy also draws his sword in reverse grip, then flips it to standard before attacking, something which I've always found intriguing since he uses a broadsword.

Who knows, they do have a lot they could pull from Roy's source game. I wouldn't be upset if Roy is like a Lucas/Wolf though.

Heh, that's true. In FE6 he draws his sword before striking. Roy also draws his sword in reverse grip, then flips it to standard before attacking, something which I've always found intriguing since he uses a broadsword.

Who knows, they do have a lot they could pull from Roy's source game. I wouldn't be upset if Roy is like a Lucas/Wolf though.

Yeah, I found it interesting too. I woulden't mind if he were like a Lucas/Wolf to Marth. I just want Roy back haha. It's because of him I even got into FE in the first place after all.

Any speculation on what the Wii U FE stage will be if it gets one? Dno why but Riven Bridge keeps coming to mind. That or something Jugdral related.

Any speculation on what the Wii U FE stage will be if it gets one? Dno why but Riven Bridge keeps coming to mind. That or something Jugdral related.

Probably something from Radiant Dawn since that was the last FE to come on a home console. Maybe a stage from Crimea or the chapter 3's endgame.

Yeah, I found it interesting too. I woulden't mind if he were like a Lucas/Wolf to Marth. I just want Roy back haha. It's because of him I even got into FE in the first place after all.

That's cool, Roy got me into FE as well. ^_^

I'm really glad Ferox Arena is a stage. Not only does it look cool, but it's pretty iconic to Awakening. The question is: will we see the stage in the Wii U version? I'm not sure, but it's always possible...hmm only time will tell.

Y'know, I wouldn't mind if they re-visit that Akaneia stage idea that was scrapped in Melee. Who knows, Akaneia could possibly have been a predecessor to Castle Siege.

Edited by Lugh

I'm really glad Ferox Arena is a stage. Not only does it look cool, but it's pretty iconic to Awakening. The question is: will we see the stage in the Wii U version? I'm not sure, but it's always possible...hmm only time will tell.

Y'know, I wouldn't mind if they re-visit that Akaneia stage idea that was scrapped in Melee. Who knows, Akaneia could possibly have been a predecessor to Castle Siege.

Roy buddies :D

I've heard of the Akaneia stage from Melee. But I don't actually know too much about it :/ could someone tell me more?

Edited by Jedi

There were plans for a FE1 stage?! When was this information told?

I've heard of the Akaneia stage from Melee. But I don't actually know too much about it :/ could someone tell me more?

It's such an awesome stage that it makes the game freeze from trying to load it!

Seriously though, all we know is that it exists.

Tower of Guidance would be a fun stage. I've tried a Brawl Mod of it, and it's really fun.

It's such an awesome stage that it makes the game freeze from trying to load it!

Seriously though, all we know is that it exists.

Tower of Guidance would be a fun stage. I've tried a Brawl Mod of it, and it's really fun.

Ahh.. I see.

Tower of Guidance would be cool yeah.

Unlikely but I would propose they add an FE assist trophy, with a catch. They fight normaly like other assist characters but when around other FE characters they give off pair or support bonus.

I was thinking of that too, except they would be Einherjar cards that work like Poké Balls.

Akaneia is speculated to be an unfinished FE stage in Melee. It is only accessed through hacking, however, choosing "AKANEIA" on the debug menu freezes the game. As such, we don't know how far it was in development before it was scrapped (or if it was even in development).

The reason why I said I wouldn't mind if they revisit Akaneia is because I personally won't be surprised if Sakurai reconsiders the idea (though I still think it's unlikely we'll get the stage). Sakurai has a tendency to revisit ideas in the past that he couldn't implant in previous Smash installments. For example, gameplay aspects like Final Smashes were planned for 64 but only appeared in Brawl. Likewise, Sakurai wanted to add characters like Mewtwo and Bowser in 64, but they only made their debut in Melee. A more recent example is the Villager's inclusion as, at the time of Brawl, Sakurai deemed Animal Crossing not suitable for a fighter. Then again, like I've already said, Akaneia could possibly have been a predecessor to Castle Siege. Perhaps Sakurai is fine having a FE stage taken from the GC games for the Wii U version.

Uh, to stay more on topic...Einherjar cards got me thinking that I'd totally love to see Old Hubba, perhaps as an AT. Or as a playable character...what a pipe dream lol. But yeah, I'd love the idea of Einherjar cards acting like Poke Balls.

Also, Hubba Tester for SSB4 pls!

@Lugh: When it comes to existing series, Fire Emblem is definitely the most difficult. We could stay at where we are, get three characters as planned in Brawl or maybe even get four characters. However, I'd argue that predicting new series is much harder to do.

Roy if he got in would most likely be a semi-clone just like how Lucas and Wolf are semi-clones, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing since Lucas and Wolf share only a few moves with Ness and Fox respectively and play uniquely otherwise (Wolf focuses more on feral combat). However, there is an off-chance that Roy becomes entirely unique.

I agree with this. IS wanting Ike to be in Brawl also proves that Smash Brothers doesn't cater ONLY to the eastern fanbase. Japan dislikes Ike, so Ike being in probably upset A LOT of them. But the western fans love him while Japan loves Marth and of course Marth was in, so everyone got something that pleased them. I don't mean literally, of course, but still.

ChronoBound on Smashboards did mention that Ike was among the Top 10 most wanted characters for SSBB, so I'd imagined a lot of people like him.

Edited by Super Smash Bros. Fan

Aw hey look, the gang's all here.

Anyways, Lyn: wouldn't call myself a supporter, but I wouldn't be up in arms or anything if she were a new FE rep.

Really, the only character from FE(besides non-Lords not named Anna)that would get a negative reaction from me would be Chrom, and even that would mostly just be a "grumble, grumble."

Edited by shinpichu

Well, come back here after a bit and see Smashboards users. Anyway, most wanted FE rep is probably Lyn, with Roy not far behind.

Are you talking about your own personal most wanted characters, or the most wanted FE characters in general for Smash 4. If it is the latter, Roy is definitely the most wanted FE "newcomer" for Smash 4 (most likely within the Top 5 most wanted characters overall). After Roy, the most wanted FE character would definitely be Chrom. After Chrom, its iffy, but I would say its probably Lyn, though she is a lot further behind Chrom in requests.

Are you talking about your own personal most wanted characters, or the most wanted FE characters in general for Smash 4. If it is the latter, Roy is definitely the most wanted FE "newcomer" for Smash 4 (most likely within the Top 5 most wanted characters overall). After Roy, the most wanted FE character would definitely be Chrom. After Chrom, its iffy, but I would say its probably Lyn, though she is a lot further behind Chrom in requests.

I'm talking my opinion. I agree that it's Roy, Chrom, Lyn in terms of overall requests.

I had no idea about the Arkaneia stage. That's very interesting.

For likelihood for a new rep, it all depends how much you gauge fan response in relation to Sakurai's choice. Sakurai doesn't necessarily take fan popularity into consideration (at least not with other factors). If you think fan popularity affects Sakurai (to such a degree that it's more important than other factors), then I would say the likely choices would be Chrom, then Roy, then Lucina. Sakurai has proven otherwise with other series. I personally don't think fan popularity affects him (unless he says it does) so I think it's Chrom and the Lucina and Roy, with Lucina edging out Roy but both very much behind Chrom.

In terms of want, it's Lucina, Lyn, Ephraim, and Anna in that order.

I had no idea about the Arkaneia stage. That's very interesting.

For likelihood for a new rep, it all depends how much you gauge fan response in relation to Sakurai's choice. Sakurai doesn't necessarily take fan popularity into consideration (at least not with other factors). If you think fan popularity affects Sakurai (to such a degree that it's more important than other factors), then I would say the likely choices would be Chrom, then Roy, then Lucina. Sakurai has proven otherwise with other series. I personally don't think fan popularity affects him (unless he says it does) so I think it's Chrom and the Lucina and Roy, with Lucina edging out Roy but both very much behind Chrom.

In terms of want, it's Lucina, Lyn, Ephraim, and Anna in that order.

Actually, it's Roy, Chrom, and Lucina, in that order. Unless you're going to make the hypocritical statement that polls suddenly don't count, that should be the order for character popularity in the context of Super Smash Bros. If it was in the context of Fire Emblem, it's probably more along the lines of Roy, Lucina, Chrom (Japan) or Lucina, Chrom, Roy (International).