Zelda Character Discussion Thread

Anacybele

So, Vashiane and I got into a bit of a debate about which Zelda character should be a newcomer.

Personally, I can't believe SKULL KID of all villains is the most wanted. Imo, he's boring, nothing special, and completely irrelevant.

Ghirahim is who I want most! He's simply amazing and he's from the most recent title, Skyward Sword. He has a nice fanbase too and would have a unique moveset.

Skull Kid? He doesn't have anything except perhaps dropping the moon, so he'd be harder to work with. Ghirahim has sword attacks, he can shoot those little cutty things, teleport, use magic, and other stuff. His final smash could be transforming into his sword form and ripping people apart! How cool would this guy be to play as? SWEET.

My liking him is saying something too, because I usually am not too fond of characters that look and act rather feminine. xP But anyway, I think Ghirahim as the best shot of any Zelda character. It's not just popularity that counts here, it's also importance and relevance to the games the character appears in.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skull Kid could have his merits, especially with Majora's Mask. I could picture him actually floating rather than running, and using a wide array of magical attacks. He is a little obscure though, I could only really see him being put in if we'd had a recent MM remake or revival. Ghiriham definitely has potential, but I'm not too sure that they'd add another Zelda character, and it's very unlikely he'd trump Ganondorf for a spot.

Link, Zelda and Ganondorf are a given, although I can imagine Toon Link might see himself dropped. I really do hope Link's a little more nimble this time, it was painful how slow he was in Brawl.

TL might stay because of TWW HD and Spirit Tracks. I'd rather he represent the Four Sword games though. Smash Bros. has done NOTHING for them. :(

TL might stay because of TWW HD and Spirit Tracks. I'd rather he represent the Four Sword games though. Smash Bros. has done NOTHING for them. :(

There was an event in SSBB that had four Toon Links, dressed in red, blue, green, and purple, competing to get the most money.

And this song played during the event and was unlockable:

From Four Swords Adventures.

I think Toon Link might be dropped and replaced by Impa or Girahim.

I hope not. :( I really like Toon Link and how he plays....

If we got a new Zelda character, I would rather it be Impa and not have any of the existing characters be cut. That's actually my policy for Smash characters in general.

Skull Kid? He doesn't have anything except perhaps dropping the moon, so he'd be harder to work with. Ghirahim has sword attacks, he can shoot those little cutty things, teleport, use magic, and other stuff. His final smash could be transforming into his sword form and ripping people apart! How cool would this guy be to play as? SWEET.

You are forgetting that a large chunk of the cast of previous Smash Brothers games had very few established moves. (Ex: Captain Falcon) Actually it wouldn't be too hard to give him a good moveset. The Majora's Mask can do all sorts of crazy stuff so they could base a moveset on that.

Edited by Kamina

I want to see Enzo tbh.

This, amg yes.

I wouldn't call Skull Kid a villain myself, he was more of a whiny brat that ended up being controlled by a mask. And he looks like a duck.

Eh, I think it'll be Ghirahim or Impa; though with recent developments in newcomers, I've given up trying to think logically about these things, so I would not be surprised at this point if Skull Kid or someone completely unexpected got in......(in my heart of hearts though, I've always wished I could see Komali, Medli, or Quil either as a character or assist trophy since I'm such a Rito Tribe fangirl, though I know that will NEVER happen...)

I mostly want either: Skull Kid, Ghirahim, or Vaati, I don't think there's another Zelda newcomer I want. (Unless it's someone from a new game.)

My #1 choice for a new Zelda addition would be the Skull Kid. He's appeared in multiple games, it would be perfect timing should they want to do a Majora's Mask 3DS remake, and he's actually a reasonably well-developed character, unlike Ghirahim who's just a stock villain.

I think (and hope) Tingle seems more like an assist trophy than a playable character, but hey, Wii Fit Trainer.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Skull Kid would be so fun to use! Plus Majora's Mask is such a popular game. I think it's totally possible.

If the Spirit Tracks stage and the conductor Link shows anything about Toon Link leaving, then it really narrows down the options for characters. Toon Zelda is a popular choice as a new Zelda character, but she doesn't make a whole lot of sense without Toon Link.

The only difference between Skul Kid and Ghirahim is that Ghirahim is more current. They both have a good amount of followers. I think if we do get another LoZ character it's going to be: Ghirahim, Tingle, or Toon Zelda.

Ghirahim because he's practically made for Smash. Tingle, because he arguably is the fourth most prominent LoZ character, and Toon Zelda because she was almost in Brawl. I don't think Toon Zelda will be in if Toon Link gets cut though

Either Skull Kid or Ghirahim would be awesome. I agree the latter seems more likely because he's more recent and practically had a moveset already, but you never know when dealing with Sakurai...

I would actually rather not have Impa, as cool as she was in SS. First, she'd probably be too similar to Sheik; second, she changes too much from game to game so it could be a little odd if by the next Smash her most recent appearance is more like Oracles Impa.

Tingle... I'd say he's long overdue to join the party :)

I'd say Koume and Kotake/Twinrova. They've appeared in multiple games and are fairly important. Could have a mechanic where they are two characters but can shift into one.

*brofists*

My man.

He doesn't get the love he deserves! :c

I'd say Koume and Kotake/Twinrova. They've appeared in multiple games and are fairly important. Could have a mechanic where they are two characters but can shift into one.

That's actually a pretty cool idea I haven't seen before. Their Final Smash could fuse them together either like ZSS or Giga Bowser transformations.