Zelda Character Discussion Thread

Anacybele

To be honest, I don't see many other characters being added from the Zelda series. EXCEPT MAYBE Toon Zelda/Tetra and Vaati, IF they keep Toon Link. Otherwise, I'm fine with who we have, although I wouldn't mind Young Link coming back with an altered moveset...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, could Ganondorf get de-cloned already? I think he's important enough not to be fighting like Captain Falcon.

I think with Bowser and Pits new moves he will have that chance. Show more of his Warlock, Swordsmanship [maybe even his trident]

That and make his Beast Ganon transformation more controllable, like Giga Bowser. The few times I used Ganondorf, his final smash kept sending me into the side KO Zone....

Or they could change his FS to Demise perhaps. But yes, he most definitely needs a new moveset.

Skull Kid would be so fun to use! Plus Majora's Mask is such a popular game. I think it's totally possible.

If the Spirit Tracks stage and the conductor Link shows anything about Toon Link leaving, then it really narrows down the options for characters. Toon Zelda is a popular choice as a new Zelda character, but she doesn't make a whole lot of sense without Toon Link.

It has nothing to do with Toon Link being in or not. Remember 75 M in brawl had a DK's grandpa.

Conductor Link is the descendant of Toon Link, he isn't Toon Link.

It has nothing to do with Toon Link being in or not. Remember 75 M in brawl had a DK's grandpa.

Conductor Link is the descendant of Toon Link, he isn't Toon Link.

Visually, they're almost identical though. I do get what you're saying either way

Edited by TharjaAssault

First off, I definitely do not want any more secondary versions of Link in SSB4 (yeah, they're different people, but it's the same persona). Or Toon Zelda/Tetra, or any other secondary versions of any character for that matter. I personally don't think any character should get two versions of themself taking up two spots in the roster. Toon versions as alternate costumes, I have no problem with.

Well, for Zelda characters, the only ones I can think of are Tingle, Impa, and Ghirahim (Tingle and Impa are heavily reoccurring and Ghirahim is very recent and major in Skyward Sword). Even though Ghirahim is a one-shot, I still think it's better for the Zelda series to have a "flavour of the month" character to accompany the Triforce trio than it is for Link to have two versions of himself in.

(This is a joke before anyone actually argues about this sentence) We also don't need Skull Kid since Donkey Kong does his job so much better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LleGVbLHx2w

I would actually rather not have Impa, as cool as she was in SS. First, she'd probably be too similar to Sheik; second, she changes too much from game to game so it could be a little odd if by the next Smash her most recent appearance is more like Oracles Impa.

Seeing how Ganon varies from a pig to a humanoid between games, I don't think Impa will be too bad if they stick to her nimbler incarnations like Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword.

On a side note, I've wanted Sheik removed for the longest time (she hardly represents the Zelda series, especially being a one shot character), but I know that Sheik is very likely to stay (being a part of Zelda and all).

On a side note, could Ganondorf get de-cloned already? I think he's important enough not to be fighting like Captain Falcon.

I still think he's keeping around 60% of his moveset, even if he was changed around. Bowser's still keeping a good chunk of his moves, despite having a dropkick and a somersaulting aerial added for SSB4. Ganondorf's side B, down tilt, and side tilt were all moves he used in Twilight Princess anyways, so it's not like those are out of character for him.

Groose, because... it's Groose.

That and make his Beast Ganon transformation more controllable, like Giga Bowser. The few times I used Ganondorf, his final smash kept sending me into the side KO Zone....

You're doing it wrong.

I really like SS Zelda too! This is one reason why I think Smash Bros. finally needs alternate costumes, a la Soul Calibur, rather than just alternate colors.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread needs more Vaati.

EDIT: I know he's unlikely.

Unlikeness should never stop you from supporting a character. I support Bandana Dee, for christ's sake.

Just don't support them to the point you become like a certain Impa supporter....

Unlikeness should never stop you from supporting a character. I support Bandana Dee, for christ's sake.

Just don't support them to the point you become like a certain Impa supporter....

I know. :)

Does Diddy have an account here btw? :XD:

Tingle all the way. He'd be a great underdog character to play as because everyone will try to kill you.

That sounds dirty. But still Tingle if no Toon or Classic Link, or if zelda gets five reps.

I wouldn't mind Ghirahim being added, as long as they keep Ganondorf too. Talking 'bout Ganny, modifying his moveset to make him more like in the games would be a good idea.

I know that it have little to no chances of happening, but I would like if they added Groose, since he manage to overclass Ganondorf as my favorite Zelda character. He might get in as an assist trophy, thought...