Any objections, Lady? - Metroid Character Discussion

I expect Dark as an alt. costume. I don't know what to think about Ridley. Initially I think he's too massive and has no chance, but then I consider the fact that LOADS of people want him in, and that makes it kinda more likely.

If any new Metroid characters are added...perhaps a random Zebesian? They're about the same height as Samus so their proportions would make more sense than Ridley being downscaled, and Zebesians are just as iconic as him. If not, then one of the Prime Hunters, but I don't think they're well-known enough.

I don't think the chances are incredibly high of any new Metroid characters being added, and I don't really see the need for any, either. They would only be added to give Metroid as much representation as other franchises, and make it 'fair', but that's not how it should be done, is it? Playable characters should be relevant and important, and when it comes to Metroid, Samus is the only person who really is.

What's with all of these split character threads? Maybe one for the major series (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and FE for this forum), but this is just ridiculous.

I suppose I should participate though/ Dark Samus would be badass.

Space pirates please :< and rundas/the robot guy

Also dark samus would sounds like just another samus, that'd be boring. Make it a costume.

Edited by SlayerX

Space pirates please :< and rundas/the robot guy

Also dark samus would sounds like just another samus, that'd be boring. Make it a costume.

Yeah, the same way Luigi would be another Mario. Oh wait a minute

Realistically, I don't expect any other metroid characters to be actually playable.

Dark Samus: probably a similar looking alternate costume

Metroid: again, an assist trophey (provided those things still exist)

Varios Hunters: didn't have enough screen time in the series

Ridley: It's gonna be a boss. Plus, it's too big of a character

Ridley is the only choice, being the only recurring villain that would fit in a fighting game. Unless you want to play a brain in jar or obese dinosaur.

Ridley is the only choice, being the only recurring villain that would fit in a fighting game. Unless you want to play a brain in jar or obese dinosaur.

I'll assume you're speaking of Kraid here. I'd like Kraid to come back as a "stage hazard" like he was in Melee, or possibly an Assist Trophy of some sort, that'd be cool.

Not to mention...

Metroid01--article_image.jpg

dafuq is this retro shit

bowser.png

Bowser would like a word with you.

That's called eating mushrooms on super sized mode. He'll shrink eventually. Mario just happened to get a poison shroom.

Edited by Dandragon01

That's called eating mushrooms on super sized mode. He'll shrink eventually. Mario just happened to get a poison shroom.

NSMB2bowser1.png

Even without being that huge, he's still much bigger than Mario in Mario games than he is in Smash.

Edited by Shotguner159