Which Marth design do you want in SSB4?

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which Marth design do you want in SSB4?

• Shadow Dragon/ New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Awakening
    • ERMAHGERD FE1 PANTLESS MARTH
    • SSBM/SSBB Marth

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

FE12>>>FE13, as far as Marth's design goes. I'm pretty sure FE13's Marth only got that redesign to make a certain spoiler believable, too, making FE12 Marth more canon, (if that makes sense) IMO.

I get what you're saying and I agree. The redesigns seem to have been made in large part so that the previous lords can look like the class they fit in. So they made Marth looks like Lucina even more, so that his in game model makes more sense.

I personally would prefer the DS Remakes' version of Marth on one hand to preserve in game mechanics, but on the other hand the Marth's smash design just seems so much faster.

The Awakening look should be reserved for Lucina and Marth should get his DS remake look, so they both can be in the game.

I'm not too concerned as to what design they'll use. However, in the end I do hope Marth will retain his effeminate, slender looks, which suits him well with his fencing-like playstyle. I think a bulkier Marth would really contrast his quick, light attacking playstyle in Smash. Not only that, having a more effeminate design helps him look more distinguished and less generic compared to other "manlier" looking sword users like Link and Ike.

Also, I believe it is perfectly fine if they decide to use Marth's Awakening design, despite people claiming it being non-canon. Smash is regarded as non-canon anyway; many fighters take up moves, appearances, and personas that are not canon to their source games. Sakurai will add in whatever design he likes, whether that'd be taken from a game, a non-canon appearance, or perhaps a more original design he created himself...canon is not the deciding factor.

clearly the pantless fe1 marth is superior

In all seriousness, Shadow Dragon and New Mystery are better because the Awakening Marth looks too girly, and is really just the real Marth in Masked Marth/Lucina's clothes. Plus SD Marth is so manly

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not too concerned as to what design they'll use. However, in the end I do hope Marth will retain his effeminate, slender looks, which suits him well with his fencing-like playstyle. I think a bulkier Marth would really contrast his quick, light attacking playstyle in Smash. Not only that, having a more effeminate design helps him look more distinguished and less generic compared to other "manlier" looking sword users like Link and Ike.

Also, I believe it is perfectly fine if they decide to use Marth's Awakening design, despite people claiming it being non-canon. Smash is regarded as non-canon anyway; many fighters take up moves, appearances, and personas that are not canon to their source games. Sakurai will add in whatever design he likes, whether that'd be taken from a game, a non-canon appearance, or perhaps a more original design he created himself...canon is not the deciding factor.

Agreed.