General FE Strategy List?

Original topic title: Why am I so bad at FE?

I mean, this is a strategy game series, so there must be more to it than luring enemies in with tanky units to finish them with high-power units or distracting slower enemies from the rest of your team with fliers. But what other strategies ARE there, even?

I think it's more of an rpg with strategy elements than a strategy game with rpg elements. That said I find that advanced wars is probably the most tactically diverse game out there.

...Oh. XD

Well then, what kinds of strategies should be usable for a turn-based tactics game? Because I have trouble with FFTA and YU and the like, as well. Advance Wars strategies, maybe? Though I've never played any of those...

I guess any generally good tactics to keep in mind that I can use when going through turn-based-strategy games like these (so maybe this would be better of in Other Games? xP)

Sort of like how for fighting games people might make a list of combos they find effective for different situations, I was hoping to compile a list of strategic moves that could be effective for different situations.

The trick to strategies in a game like this is to find a good point of balance. If you charge through everything you might miss out on something's. But some of the games don't quite advocate turtleing. How do you verbify turtle? Is verbify even a word?

Arena abuse and maximum grinding!

It is a strategy, just one that's looked down upon by most of the gaming community.

/shrug

Hide behind tanks and abuse 2-ranged attacks mainly.

Also think on your feet. If something happened that you didn't expect think about what happened. That's all I have to say really.