Worst Unit you have had

Usana

Title is self explanatory. Who have you continued to use despite early RNG screw in the hope that it will balance out in the end?

For me it is Maribelle. In my first run she had 28 hp, which was by far her highest stat, at chapter 23. . . And she had used up both a master and a second seal by that point(just became a level 1 Dark Flier at that chapter). Her rating was 100 or something like that. I just remember that dysmal hp since it meant she was one hitted by just about anything, including a particuarlly bad sneeze from hay fever. Or put another way Panne who I didn't even get to level 10 in that file had more hp than Maribell did! Though I suppose a rating of 100 isn't that bad. . . I doubt the enemies on hard mode have much higher at that point. But there are more of them. . . and they all have more than 28 hp I am sure! So yes, she was pretty much benched.

Not sure what is worse. HP screw or Spd screw. . . At least with spd screw(like Maribelle's husband Ricken was in that file) you can still survive a hit, though being doubled and having no avoid is no fun! And spd can also be bolstered a bit with pair up.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once had a +Spd -Lck Avatar with Luck higher than every single stat (including Speed) but HP.

...Yeh, it didn't go well.

What kind of bizarro luck is that...?

Not sure what is worse. HP screw or Spd screw. . . At least with spd screw(like Maribelle's husband Ricken was in that file) you can still survive a hit, though being doubled and having no avoid is no fun! And spd can also be bolstered a bit with pair up.

Ah, yes, very good question. I'd say speed screw is worse.

One of my Avatars had 10 SPD at level 20. It was one of the most cruel things ever.

Also, Virion never likes to cooperate with me. He tends to get more MAG and RES more than STR and SPD.

One of my Avatars had 10 SPD at level 20. It was one of the most cruel things ever.

Also, Virion never likes to cooperate with me. He tends to get more MAG and RES more than STR and SPD.

What was that avatar's asset and flaw?

I gotta say Maribelle too... Granted I didn't really use her outside of grinding/EXPonential Growth, but that's because she can barely kill crap as a Dark Flier using either tomes or lances. Of course, having her use lances is a bad idea but... just giving a general idea that she just sucked for me. As soon as she got that silly skill, she was benched. I don't remember her stats now (though I could check easily). Actually, I think the reason why I had to use Exponential was because she could barely kill crap in the main chapters. At least Lissa could heal and kill stuff better than her. >_>

Donny generally sucks until he gets a few levels in. Or more like a lot more levels in. And trying to level him is pretty damn painful.

THARJA.

I have never been able to use her past around chapter 15-16 without her getting seriously screwed over to the point where she can't hit anything and yet everything can hit her. Twice. And yes, I've actually used spent a LOT of time and resources trying ot get her up to speed, and she just always falls right back to the bottom. [/sigh] In fact, it was three playthroughs into the game that I actually saw her 5-6 stats up quote.

Geez, woman, Virion's more reliable than you. She gets a special mention because it happens CONSISTENTLY.

Other examples:

First playthough's Henry got magic screwed. THAT... SUCKED.

Stahl... I really think that 50% speed growth is a lie. Although I DID have a very lovely speed-blessed Stahl once... Everything died indeed.

To counter the Virion-getting-MAG and RES I usually make him a Mage/Dark Knight. He's not a bad Dark Knight. Plus, Lifetaker get. Lovely if you give him a Killer Bow considering how good his skill is. A skill-screwed Virion is practically unusable.

Second playthrough's Chrom got defense-screwed. He had like... 21 defense. And doesn't remember what the heck dodging is.

My first playthrough, Virion had sub-20 speed (and the rest of his stats were mediocre at best) by the time he hit his second time through Bow Warrior. That was almost 40 levels, man. Archest archer my ass.

Tharja also had sub-20 skill after promotion and going through Dark Knight, so I had the brilliant idea of making her a Sniper to help fix that. Never again. And she still only got like 3 points of skill after 10 sniper levels.

I still don't use those two very much.

You can pair him with Libra >_>

Yup. Libra and Chrom are serioulsy his best pair-up options.

Even so, it's hard for me to consider sticking with Gaius to be worth the headache when Anna comes several chapters later >_<

Edited by Levant Fortner

Lissa always seemed to get luck levels but not magic levels, even as a sage.

Once on a +STR -MAG Avatar I got a lot of magic but no strength. Kind of funny, in a way.

Even though I keep using him because I want to somehow fix him, Virion is probably my worst right now. He's a Bow Knight at lv. 6 or something like that, and only has TWELVE DEFENSE. I realize his defense growth isn't high, but is it really THIS bad? Plus, he's hardly getting anything else. His only truly high stat is skill right now. >.>

But I wanted him to be part of my eventual team of Bow Knights and I like the guy, so, I continue using him. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Chrom never wants to cooperate with me (He always is my worst unit). He always gets either strength or speed screwed (he always gets defense screwed on top of getting screwed in speed and/or strength) and is the cause of most of my resets in Lunatic. Oddly enough I've always had great Virions.

Edited by Kamina

Dang, I'm working with a +SKILL -HP avatar and you would imagine that having a lack of HP would be a heavy flaw.

It worked out in the end somehow.

The most trouble I've ever had is with Donnel's early stages.

Level-up gains were alright but don't forget he starts off as a villager.

I love Donnel but I always feel reluctant about getting him whenever I start a new file.

It takes an army to raise a villager.

Virion on my first file was severely screwed in speed and strength.

On my current run Donnel had more magic than skill for quite some time.

Maribelle also isn't impressing me much, which is a shame since she was MASSIVELY blessed on my first run. Seriously, speed on almost every level up. :t: