Lunatic efficiency without the Maturity Drop?

I got this game in the mail a couple of weeks ago and have been slowly making progress. I'm at Chapter 12 right now and Marth is looking a bit weak: 13 Spd at Lv 12, with his other non-HP stats around that neighborhood. I've been loathe to use the Wi-Fi stuff since, well, I'm old-fashioned. If I continue progressing at a semi-efficient pace without the Maturity Drop, will Marth be too weak for Medeus? I'm saving the Ch 9 Speedwing just in case he's too slow, and I assume there are at least a few other Speedwings in the upcoming stages, so I'm hoping I won't need to bust out the Maturity Drop (which doesn't sound like a huge boost, but which might make all the difference; I dunno).

That's pretty average speed for L12 so I wouldn't worry about it. The boost to growths is only 10%, or 1 point of difference every 10 levels, though it does make RNG screwage extremely unlikely. Do consider giving Marth levels using the pre-map arena though; those can really help. Whenever your strategy involves a Bishop with Rescue, Marth can fight to his heart's content until the last turn too, so that's also something to keep in mind.

Are you talking about the free DLC Maturity Drop? Because I think that might be region locked. I remember going into a Starbucks to pick up the DLC content and I couldn't even get a connection, which is weird. It could also be a DSi thing too? Idk, the box said something about there being DSi exclusive features. I don't have it with me at the moment so I can't confirm.

Not sure if the Wi-Fi store is in the same position.

Thanks for the feedback; I'll keep going without the Maturity Drop and see where that leads me.

Are you talking about the free DLC Maturity Drop? Because I think that might be region locked. I remember going into a Starbucks to pick up the DLC content and I couldn't even get a connection, which is weird. It could also be a DSi thing too? Idk, the box said something about there being DSi exclusive features. I don't have it with me at the moment so I can't confirm.

Not sure if the Wi-Fi store is in the same position.

I actually got access to the Wi-Fi store (and the other freebies) yesterday on a North American DS Lite, so I don't think it's region-locked. Though I suppose it's also possible that the previous owner of my cartridge already downloaded everything. Shrug.

Growth Drop and the Rainbow Pot help with him getting exp early on (see: my H2 LTC run where he's actually decently leveled due to early Rainbow Pot usage), but it's not crucial. Drill Ground kinda sucks in Lunatic but it's a way to get at least some exp for him if needed. Like Espinosa said, he can battle in chapters like C11 where you want to Rescue him to the goal until the last turn. You can also arrange him some dragon kills. Those give a lot of meaty exp. It would help if he's competent in Chapter 12, so that he can Wyrmslayer Fire Dragons in EP for more exp and continue growing. A double Seraph Robe and the Dracoshield helps with that.

EDIT: He can't actually wyrmslayer Fire Dragons in EP Lunatic lol. Forgot 1-2 range.

Edited by Peekayell

Fire Dragons are pretty fast too. They could possibly double Marth if he's too slow so EPing Fire Dragons would be bad idea even if they only had 1 range.

Btw if you haven't done so already, forge some hit on your dragon killing weapons. Their accuracy is pretty shaky, especially against bosses. I've seen hit rates in the 50s against them with a Dragonpike with Palla.

Not necessarily. A speedwing can usually fix that problem and it's not that hard to weaken Fire Dragons for him to kill. Fire Dragons have 17 AS right? If so, then yeah his Marth's gonna get doubled, but you can work around it. At the very least Barbaians fail to double (16 AS) so you could probably net him kills.

Yeah, I'll probably want to forge some hit on another Dragonpike...my Avatar sees only about a 66% displayed hit against the two Fire Dragons at the beginning. And I think they have 18 AS, which wouldn't be that big a problem if I had trained a Swordmaster (instead I chose to train Draug [male reclass limits enforced], who gets OHKOed at 14/2 Horseman lol).

I like to put marth in the front lines so I need 17 speed on him at chapter 11, and he need it to proc it twice for chp 12 and 13, but this is for flying dragons which in my opinion should be watched over fire dragons.

As a note to Sage, I can say that Maturity Drop and the like are not region locked, since I have the cart as well.

Yeah, I'll probably want to forge some hit on another Dragonpike...my Avatar sees only about a 66% displayed hit against the two Fire Dragons at the beginning. And I think they have 18 AS, which wouldn't be that big a problem if I had trained a Swordmaster (instead I chose to train Draug [male reclass limits enforced], who gets OHKOed at 14/2 Horseman lol).

It's been a while, but I recall someone you get can reclass to Swordmaster and they'd work...Forgot who it was...Maybe I was just using Navarre? Don't think Minerva can double them...Eh, whatever. I'm sure you have the Royal Airforce, they can help with the effort if need be.

As a note to Sage, I can say that Maturity Drop and the like are not region locked, since I have the cart as well.

It's been a while, but I recall someone you get can reclass to Swordmaster and they'd work...Forgot who it was...Maybe I was just using Navarre? Don't think Minerva can double them...Eh, whatever. I'm sure you have the Royal Airforce, they can help with the effort if need be.

totally stealing this line