Awakening should've done Generals and Snipers like RD

I'm aware they don't want Cavaliers to lose a weapon type, but there's no precedence for Great Knights being the only class to have the full weapon triangle.

Why does it matter that GKs are the only class with full WTC?

EDIT: To explain the question: I don't think "does any other class have full wtc" ought to be a question when the balance/design team gives a class full WTC.

Edited by Integrity

Why does it matter that GKs are the only class with full WTC?

They already have Luna(Awesome Skill) and Good Movement(arguably the vital stat). Generals; could use weapon triangle control, many General-type characters specialize swords, the General is already woefully underpowered along with Sniper.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

In terms of design, yes, I'd agree Generals were better off in FE 10 and 11. Then, they were giants but now, just really chubby looking. I never played FE 4 so I cant really argue over Great Knights but I did notice that their sprites show them holding an axe. Either way, isn't WTC an upgrade to previous games? After all,they are called "Great" Knights

I honestly believe that the skills is the last thing generals can complain about. Pavise alone is better than every skills some extended classes have(e.g. the archer/barbarian lines).

Pavise and Rally Defense are two skills that can save you from certain death so no complaints there

I'd agree on Pass were it not for the fact that pretty much 10 times out of 10, killing an enemy is better than passing through them (it was seriously more useful in RD), and I like Luna. Dual Guard+, however, requires an extended stay in a class I'd probably object to staying in past level 10.

I feel as though Pass would only help if there was wireless battles like in FE 11 or if you had to chase someone while other enemies got in your way. And Dual Guard can be useful in double dueling but paired with an S support, it's redundant so yes, I'd much rather move on to the next class

They already have Luna(Awesome Skill) and Good Movement(arguably the vital stat). Generals; could use weapon triangle control, many General-type characters specialize swords, the General is already woefully underpowered along with Sniper.

That's a fair point, but your semantic tangent about how Great Knights "shouldn't" have WTC because of FE4/5/10 is what was silly. Swords aren't even that big of an advantage; Generals get lances and axes anyway. I think they'd need a hell of a lot more than just WTC to be viable.

Edited by Integrity

doesn't really matter if you can just re class to get it. Besides, Generals have better skill, strength and defense so luna would be of little use if the two classes were to go head to head. And,Great Knights have an extra weakness being on horseback

That's a fair point, but your semantic tangent about how Great Knights "shouldn't" have WTC because of FE4/5/10 is what was silly. Swords aren't even that big of an advantage; Generals get lances and axes anyway. I think they'd need a hell of a lot more than just WTC to be viable.

I wasn't saying they should be excluded from WTC, but that it makes more sense for Generals to have WTC considering their history in the series(including Sacred Stones). I don't mean only one class should get WTC, but if it had to be only one class, I'd make it General.

They need more then WTC, as speed and especially movement are vital stats. I was also suggesting Higher RES and slightly more speed.

Snipers would probably be useful if archers actually had good bases and javelins/hand axes weren't so abundant. Being able to lure/counter range 2 units and actually take/dodge hits provide thems a decent niche over mages. Problem is, hand axes, nosferatu and javelins exist.

Generals are just going to be what they are because of overkill builds. An experienced player can get more out of someone with "just enough" durability. They'd be a good class for beginners if they weren't so vulnerable to magic.

Also, Awakening GKs are just too good. Is there anything they can't do? D:

Snipers would probably be useful if archers actually had good bases and javelins/hand axes weren't so abundant. Being able to lure/counter range 2 units and actually take/dodge hits provide thems a decent niche over mages. Problem is, hand axes, nosferatu and javelins exist.

Generals are just going to be what they are because of overkill builds. An experienced player can get more out of someone with "just enough" durability. They'd be a good class for beginners if they weren't so vulnerable to magic.

Also, Awakening GKs are just too good. Is there anything they can't do? D:

Probably.

Agreed.

IMO, Awakening Great Knights come off to me as... not that great. *rimshot* Honestly, I can't really think of much reason to have one over the long term.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I really think thats skills for both of th are just fine, but magic, sword users and fliers are the way to go in this game, I think that te one thing that slows down snipers is ther really low caps. In RD Marksmen have in my opinion the second beat stat caps, just behind the Reavers with pretty good strenght amazing skill avobe average speed and really good defense, an 8 out of 10 if you wish. In thingame they just have skill and speed, the rest is kinda average, and defenses are garbage