Worst unit in the series?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FE7: Either Wallace or Renault. Just, no.

Also, can we talk about how bad Knoll is in FE8? The game is like, 5 chapters from being over, and we get him at a level 10 shaman? I guess promoting him to a summoner is semi-useful, but his stats SUCK, and his growths don't necessarily make up for it.

Renault: targets Resistance, can use staves, 1-2 range, easy recruitment. Compare to Karla, whom you'd get at roughly the same time.

Knoll insta-promoted to a Summoner doesn't even NEED stats. You get another staff user and phantoms. He could also chip if you needed him to, also, with permanent 1-2 range.

I'm inclined to say Wendy. Lyre's terrible, too, but being a Laguz, feeding her stat boosters helps her out a lot more than it normally would since a +2 becomes a +4. Oh! Or Arden. He's pretty awful, too. Although whether you give him credit for getting the Pursuit Ring or not would influence his value.

Edited by Sublime Manic

when in doubt, always put shitty earlygame archers

seeing as Wil/Rebecca and FE9 Rolf are pretty much never useful

Rolf has all the availability in the world and BEXP to fall back on though.

I love how no one votes 13 - L Lancer or 13 - L Archer for FE5

Hey, at least these guys can make decent ballista meatshields and distractions because you don't get them anyway. That's a lot better than units that come with comparable/worse stats that you can keep.

Wendy. Pretty much the only unit I've encountered with absolutely nothing going for her.

Other candidates and why they're better:

Sophia - attacks at 1-2 range and finds a Guiding Ring.

Wil - Can hurt enemies accurately.

Wallace - Has Def and Lyn mode.

Karla - Can potentially finish off kills and crit.

Renault - Staves.

Amelia/Ewan - Can be reasonably fed kills.

Anyone in Tellius - has BEXP to fall back on.

Everyone in Awakening can be a functioning combat unit, though some can be pretty tough in Lunatic.

The guy that said Nyna is trolling right? She directly aids to her clear of the chapter with Rescue or even Again.

Anyway, I say Wendy for sure. 4 move in a game dominated by mounts due to huge maps. Gets ORKO'd by everyone forever despite being an armor. Her bases being absolute trash. Growths are as mediocre as they come for a growth unit. Her only real, practical use is chipping a wall and then giving her Javelin to someone else and be benched forever. Like, even her "chip" sucks since she will never hit and if she does, it's like 3 damage at best. At least Sofia can claim that she'd good vs status staves and gets a Guiding Ring.

It was pretty obvious to me - "Wendy" and "chip" can't even be used in the same sentence because "chip" implies she's actually doing something semi-significant, which she isn't. (and no, 3-4 damage out of an enemy's 30ish HP doesn't count as chip)

Edited by Levant Fortner

FE4 Gen 1: Ardan

FE4 Gen 2: Hannibal

-Movement is just too important in this game and these two will never, ever catch up. Pursuit Ring is awesome though.

FE6: Wendy

-She chips a friggin' wall. YAY.

FE7: Wallace

-His rejoin situation is pathetic. Also because Sain wants the LHM Knight Crest. Karla at least brings a Wo Dao for Lyn/Guy.

FE8: Amelia/Ewan

-Even though Ewan has 1~2 range he joins three chapters after Amelia which means he's not even worth training. You'd be lucky to get him to 10/10 by endgame. Knoll at least can instapromote.

FE9: Ena/Nasir

-lol dragon laguz

FE10: Lyre

-Meg can at least do stuff in the Dawn Brigade, and Fiona can use Savior for something.

FE12: Everyone after Elleran, basically.

-Astram is probably the only decent unit you get in that time frame, if only for Mercurius. Tiki and Nagi are good too.

but DRAGONS

and 0% runs

I'm going to assume this is a joke post because enemy dragons barring Ena are seen about 3 chapters in FE9 and 0% runs aren't exactly popular.

I found Rolf to be really good; all you had to do was cover him on spread out maps, finish some enemies with his nice chip from his Prf bow, throw in some BEXP and bam, you've got a good sniper later on.

Wendy has awful bases and growths, gets killed by almost everything in her join chapter, and has the worst movement type right as FE6 begins getting bigger and bigger maps.

so yeah. She's that bad.

Wendy has awful bases and growths, gets killed by almost everything in her join chapter, and has the worst movement type right as FE6 begins getting bigger and bigger maps.

so yeah. She's that bad.

And that's saying nothing of the fact that she joins right before axeland, as if things couldn't get any worse for her.

FE4 Gen 1: Ardan

FE4 Gen 2: Hannibal

-Movement is just too important in this game and these two will never, ever catch up. Pursuit Ring is awesome though.

FE6: Wendy

-She chips a friggin' wall. YAY.

FE7: Wallace

-His rejoin situation is pathetic. Also because Sain wants the LHM Knight Crest. Karla at least brings a Wo Dao for Lyn/Guy.

FE8: Amelia/Ewan

-Even though Ewan has 1~2 range he joins three chapters after Amelia which means he's not even worth training. You'd be lucky to get him to 10/10 by endgame. Knoll at least can instapromote.

FE9: Ena/Nasir

-lol dragon laguz

FE10: Lyre

-Meg can at least do stuff in the Dawn Brigade, and Fiona can use Savior for something.

FE12: Everyone after Elleran, basically.

-Astram is probably the only decent unit you get in that time frame, if only for Mercurius. Tiki and Nagi are good too.

? No way. What about Katarina, Frost, leiden and belf? Dice and Maris are usable too. Athena depending on the mode and Jake. And Darros.

Edited by Peekayell

I'm going to assume this is a joke post because enemy dragons barring Ena are seen about 3 chapters in FE9 and 0% runs aren't exactly popular.

I found Rolf to be really good; all you had to do was cover him on spread out maps, finish some enemies with his nice chip from his Prf bow, throw in some BEXP and bam, you've got a good sniper later on.

I meant that Ena herself was a dragon :dry:

Nasir's the worst, nobody recruits him in efficiency/LTC playthroughs

(also 0% growths may be rare, but girl-only runs also use Ena, HA)

Edited by shadykid

hey look a Sothe hater thinks Sothe sucks!

PoR!Sothe is hardly what I'd call good, regardless of whether I hate him or not.

Because wanting to end a chapter early is a bad thing.

Riiiiiiiight.

That has nothing to do with it. Was does, is that I don't care about my turncount, therefore arguments that go "he saves x turns" are irrelevant to me.