Cordelia vs. Tharja

ZemZem

143 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the more likable character?

Oh yeah.

Tharja.

At least she can break her gimmick a little. A little....

I may not like Tharja, but she has a way more interesting character than Cordelia. Cordelia's main attribute is 'Hey I like Chrom but we'll never be together and it kinda sucks sigh', while Tharja, while being kind of a bitch, has the whole Noire abuse thing going on, which has potential that the game didn't really delve upon.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the one that's actually human and not a complete monster to their child (Cordelia).

Plus, I'd never want to be with a person as insincere and cruel as Tharja. Even if they were the last person on earth, I'd rather let humanity die.

Nono/Nowi supports with Tharja was a little endearing... but that doesn't make up for Noire.

Other Tharja made Noire her talisman, which she never needed, didn't teach her curses in order to protect her daughter's pure heart, and sacrifices herslef to make sure Noire survives.

Not to mention current Tharja provides Noire with some level of comfort and closure for her real mother.

That's all well and good, Ein. That's her good points. "That's a different person" is BS. That's what she became because there of her base personality. Criticisms of Tharja's parenting skills are more legit than the fandom's hate for Sumia's pies.

Topics like this also show how childish we are. Bickering over fictional characters. Some people like certain characters. Others like others. No one can seem to accept that.

Instead we throw hateful names at each other and each others characters.

Topics like this also show how childish we are. Bickering over fictional characters. Some people like certain characters. Others like others. No one can seem to accept that.

I don't think anyone shot a rude name at anyone?

Topics like these illustrate why we need polygamy. Where is the "both" option, exactly?

I'd rather have the ability to pair Cordelia with Tharja. The supports will probably be horrible but it's all but guaranteed to have at least some entertainment value.

Topics like these illustrate why we need polygamy. Where is the "both" option, exactly?

Harems are boring and that's not true love.

Nothing's ever really deep and people just throw the same old arguments over and over again. Deep character discussion with concrete analysis that isn't biased would make an ideal response, but oh well. I hate her just cause!

The two most criticized characters in the game, but let's see who's more likable.

The irony considering those two were the ones who got swimsuit scenes.

Anyhow, I voted Cordelia because Pegasus Knight, long red hair, And the Catria of the game. I don't dislike Tharja though. In fact, I have actually used her before.

And anyone who calls Cordelia a marry sue is dumb. Come at me!

Tharja because she's fucked up the way she is. One of my favorite characters.

A lot of people hate on her because "oh, terrible mother" (completely ignoring the alternate timeline thing), or "oh, creepy stalker", and "oh, wants to rape Robin."

And that's all well and good, I suppose, disagreeable as I find the "terrible mother" stuff to be. People don't like her because she's a 'terrible' person. Good for them; they can like morally approvable characters and dislike those that aren't if that's what does it for 'em. I find Tharja a lot more interesting because of all her flaws and acts that I wouldn't do, myself (more interesting than being awesome at everything you try, I think). They make her fabulous(ly interesting) and I'd rather have her than a cast of people that don't do bad things or have bad qualities. I like that she does bad things. Works of fiction let us interact with actions and behaviors we wouldn't ever do ourselves, and I think that's great and potentially carthartic.

I also prefer her design, aesthetically (and I'm a gay male; it has nothing to do with fanservice). And her laugh and some of her battle lines ARE pretty awesome, I think.

What? No one else enjoys a fictional psychopath?

When it comes to the daughters, however, I prefer Cordelia's.

Edited by Sublime Manic

I'd rather have the ability to pair Cordelia with Tharja. The supports will probably be horrible but it's all but guaranteed to have at least some entertainment value.

and we have the correct answer, everyone else gets mod wrath :P:

Cordelia's existence seems to be to make everyone else look good. Tharja would be interesting, if her trope/fanservice didn't get in the way (her support with Lon'qu kinda redeemed her in my eyes). Since neither is preferable, I shall sit back and watch the madness. :P:

Zeem, you really have sprayed oil everywhere for this one.

Well done you magnificient bastard

Edited by Ƶerker