Several Fire Emblem Characters featured in Gamefaqs' Chracter Battle IX

Aurabolt

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crono, Sonic, and Mega Man all have a pretty good chance of not winning their divisions, actually!

who exactly is in Crono's way, Sora?

and Mega Man literally has nobody to stop him

unless Vincent Valentine pulls off some hilarious shenanigans, it's not happening

(lol draven, jak is also a non-factor right)

Edited by shadykid

Thye should really stop including characters who have won the whole thing before. Link certainly needs to go.

I'm hoping the Mass Effect characters get far. Shepard beating Aerith is unlikely at best. People still cry over Aerith's death. Garrus and Sub Zero, I don't know who would win that one. Mordin is loved by everyone who plays ME so he can win his round. Maybe. Wrex is equally loved but I have no idea about Pit's chances.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

who exactly is in Crono's way, Sora?

and Mega Man literally has nobody to stop him

unless Vincent Valentine pulls off some hilarious shenanigans, it's not happening

(lol draven, jak is also a non-factor right)

Crono has to face Pikachu in a day match in Round 2, and he's likely going to have Magus as the third character there weighing him down. Even if Crono hasn't dropped off at all in 5 years, he could still plausibly lose that match. And if Magus isn't there to weigh Crono down because he loses to Otacon, that doesn't say good things about Crono having retained his strength.

Mega Man is likely looking at a Mega Man/Zero/Charizard division final. Charizard outperformed Mega Man on Mario in 2010. While there are good reasons to think those results are misleading, the Zard probably isn't much weaker than MM on his own. And with Zero splitting the Mega Man fanbase Zard has a pretty good chance of winning the match. Especially considering the Weighted Companion Cube disaster of 2008, when Zero being in the match with him caused MM to lose to the Cube.

Vincent may or may not be able to pull off the win against Sonic 1-on-1 but Bowser is in that match too, is pretty strong, and we've seen indication of Nintendo and Sonic sharing voters before. And hell, in the fourway contests Sonic lost to Auron once, lost to Kirby once, and came close to losing to Squall twice, so it's not like Sonic bombing in polls that aren't 1-on-1 is unprecedented!

And yeah, Jak isn't strong at all, Draven appears to be just really that bad.

Edited by Fruitloop Multipuck

Well, Draven probably just pulled the largest comeback in gamefaqs history thanks to the LoL community rallying for him off-site. For most of the first 3 hours he was getting doubled by Jak. Now he's winning easily.

Huh.

Well, Draven probably just pulled the largest comeback in gamefaqs history thanks to the LoL community rallying for him off-site. For most of the first 3 hours he was getting doubled by Jak. Now he's winning easily.

Huh.

surely one of the starcraft matches back in 04 had a bigger comeback

i mean, the vote totals now are pathetic compared to back then

By number of votes, it's possible there's been a larger one.

But in comparison to the thing you came back against, I don't think anything can come close to recovering from being doubled for the first three hours or so.

well, he's up against Mega Man X and Ryu

I'd vote for Link against this joker, but he'd never make it that far

just like Tharja

Speaking of Ryu, yeah, he's got a free ticket to the next round, pretty much. Unless Yuri Lowell proves me wrong, but being a Tales character (and those haven't *ever* done well in these), he won't.

Welcome to the League of Draven babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

What surprised me the most was that Jak was actually winning for a time - I thought that he was all but irrelevant these days...

i don't even follow this thing i just love draven

Fair enough

I mean, hey, I'd like Yuri Lowell to impress me, but I just don't see it happening.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Ryu will likely stomp both Yuri and Draven. He's simply one of the most iconic characters of gaming up against a Tales character from one of the lesser games (though I still <3 Estelle and Rita) and a character known mainly for his shout.

^you're right, but I'm still gonna laugh at you for this:

Vincent probably won't do terribly well. He's a secondary optional character. His game probably isn't remembered by anyone but the most die-hard fans/gamers

Ryu will likely stomp both Yuri and Draven. He's simply one of the most iconic characters of gaming up against a Tales character from one of the lesser games (though I still <3 Estelle and Rita) and a character known mainly for his shout.

Well, that much is obvious - he's already at 56%. But I wonder how that affects Mega Man X... especially considering that both of X's opponents have to be stronger than both of Ryu's opponents, relatively speaking.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Crono has to face Pikachu in a day match in Round 2, and he's likely going to have Magus as the third character there weighing him down. Even if Crono hasn't dropped off at all in 5 years, he could still plausibly lose that match. And if Magus isn't there to weigh Crono down because he loses to Otacon, that doesn't say good things about Crono having retained his strength.

Mega Man is likely looking at a Mega Man/Zero/Charizard division final. Charizard outperformed Mega Man on Mario in 2010. While there are good reasons to think those results are misleading, the Zard probably isn't much weaker than MM on his own. And with Zero splitting the Mega Man fanbase Zard has a pretty good chance of winning the match. Especially considering the Weighted Companion Cube disaster of 2008, when Zero being in the match with him caused MM to lose to the Cube.

Vincent may or may not be able to pull off the win against Sonic 1-on-1 but Bowser is in that match too, is pretty strong, and we've seen indication of Nintendo and Sonic sharing voters before. And hell, in the fourway contests Sonic lost to Auron once, lost to Kirby once, and came close to losing to Squall twice, so it's not like Sonic bombing in polls that aren't 1-on-1 is unprecedented!

Speaking of Magus, I think there's a good chance that he loses to Otacon.

Also, what's going on...? Ryu's losing percentage, even to these guys...?

Speaking of Magus, I think there's a good chance that he loses to Otacon.

Also, what's going on...? Ryu's losing percentage, even to these guys...?

contests can give strange results early (and late)

unless it's Link

Well, that much is obvious - he's already at 56%. But I wonder how that affects Mega Man X... especially considering that both of X's opponents have to be stronger than both of Ryu's opponents, relatively speaking.

Not so sure about that. Jiggs will be his main rival due to her triple SSB appearences and pokemon vote (which may be bolstered by her likely being of the new Fairy type), but Welkin not so much. I don't see Welkin getting much more than 15% of the vote. His game is not the most well-known and it was PS3 exclusive and he only gets a cameo in the sequel. I don't think he'll get much more than a nod vote at best. This battle is between Megaman X, and the titan that is Jigglypuff!

Not so sure about that. Jiggs will be his main rival due to her triple SSB appearences and pokemon vote (which may be bolstered by her likely being of the new Fairy type), but Welkin not so much. I don't see Welkin getting much more than 15% of the vote. His game is not the most well-known and it was PS3 exclusive and he only gets a cameo in the sequel. I don't think he'll get much more than a nod vote at best. This battle is between Megaman X, and the titan that is Jigglypuff!

True, but I wouldn't take either of Yuri Lowell or Face McShooty over Welkin.