A new wild Pokemon appeared!

Generic General

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In-game, it's irrelevant (5 pp is disappointing though). You can do and use whatever you want. Against a person, you're basically giving your opponent at least one free turn, telling them what you plan to do, and letting them react accordingly. It's terribad. What good is breaking through protect/detect when there's a type with an immunity to it?

I play competitively and this is how you kill giratinas with a +2 arceus in one shot lol

How many normal types are in uber again

right one arceus

Naming mine Shadowdarkness.

lol, Pokemon nicknames can only be 10 characters long. At most, you can only nickname it "Shadowdark."

I play competitively and this is how you kill giratinas with a +2 arceus in one shot lol

How many normal types are in uber again

right one arceus

I play competitively, too. I'm more interested in VGC, and then OU and UU both before Ubers, though.

-Getting +2 requires prediction/a free turn

-Using Shadow Force gives the opponent a free turn. If you're landing this on a Giratina, the opponent is sacrificing it or it's their last mon. Or they misplayed. This is still a huge obvious setback that makes Shadow Force pretty shit.

-Funny. I seem to recall Blissey seeing plenty of use. Or when you play Ubers, do you only use and see exclusively-Uber pokemon? Not that Normal Arceus isn't a huge threat that every team needs to consider.

-Let's not forget that even without a normal type on board, there are plenty of things around that resist Ghost that can be switched in when you so generously announce the move you're using in advance.

-There are plenty of Outrage/Draco Meteor users out there that can take care of Giratina without giving your opponent a free turn and always explicitly telling them what move you're using before it hits. And nothing is immune to those attacks yet. Fairies aren't around yet

lol, Pokemon nicknames can only be 10 characters long. At most, you can only nickname it "Shadowdark."

I forged a Killing Edge named Shadowdark for Owain.

On topic, I like the new sword pokemon. Does it have any moves confirmed other than Swords Dance? Metal Sound could work.

I play competitively, too. I'm more interested in VGC, and then OU and UU both before Ubers, though.

-Getting +2 requires prediction/a free turn

-Using Shadow Force gives the opponent a free turn. If you're landing this on a Giratina, the opponent is sacrificing it or it's their last mon. Or they misplayed. This is still a huge obvious setback that makes Shadow Force pretty shit.

-Funny. I seem to recall Blissey seeing plenty of use. Or when you play Ubers, do you only use and see exclusively-Uber pokemon? Not that Normal Arceus isn't a huge threat that every team needs to consider.

-Let's not forget that even without a normal type on board, there are plenty of things around that resist Ghost that can be switched in when you so generously announce the move you're using in advance.

-There are plenty of Outrage/Draco Meteor users out there that can take care of Giratina without giving your opponent a free turn and always explicitly telling them what move you're using before it hits. And nothing is immune to those attacks yet. Fairies aren't around yet

why would a blissey switch into a +2 arceus, if anything it would switch the fuck out lol

simple this is how you get a +2 arceus:

1. send in arceus on something that can't deal with it(blissey is an example)and force a switch

2. SD on the switch to giratina

3. shadowforce as they go for will-o-wisp or dragon tail

4. wait for them to decide what dies next

4x. if the blissey decides to switch in, it can't really do anything to arceus

4xx. actually I don't think it can do anything but maybe toxic

"+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus-Normal Shadow Force vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 447-528 (88.86 - 104.97%) -- 31.25% chance to OHKO"

if you have rocks/1 layer of spikes up or toxic spikes, it's a solid OHKO 100% of the time after the entry hazard damage

if you do this with shadow claw, you will have to rely on a critical hit

"+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus-Normal Shadow Claw vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 263-309 (52.28 - 61.43%) -- 96.09% chance to 2HKO"

and this is how you one shot a giratina with an arceus, not how you one shot a giratina regardless of what you have

Edited by Kitty of Time

I forged a Killing Edge named Shadowdark for Owain.

On topic, I like the new sword pokemon. Does it have any moves confirmed other than Swords Dance? Metal Sound could work.

I forged a Brave Axe called Shadowdark for Owain, haha

There isn't technology limitation anymore, sow why wouldn't they increase the characters limit?

But the best name tend to be less than 10 characters, so it is not much of a problem.

Man some of these new names (talonflame also comes to mind) are awful.

Judging from their name for other language, yes it is awful. Like I said AWFUL. Gogoat is bland, but atleast it not dull like Talonflame and Scatterbug did. Why wouldn't they use french instead for Talonflame like how they did it with Vivilon?

I like Talonflame's design and name, watchu talkin' about?

YES A STEEL AND GHOST TYPE PLESE GAMEFREAK GIVE IT LEVITATE AND DON'T MAKE IT SUCK I BEG OF YOU! YOU RUINED EELEKTROSS DON'T RUIN THIS ONE!

We just got some Corocoro leaks and I figured I'd post them here instead of a new thread.

Xerneas is a Fairy type.

Yvetall is a Dark/Flying type

Pancham evolves into a Fighting type with Iron Fist. It knows Hammer Arm and has a new method of evolving (Hiro's Leak from months ago said it evolves with a dark type in the party).

corocoro7132th.jpg

These are Maika and Keramanero. They're Dark/Psychic type squids. Karamanero has the move Hypnosis. They both have either Suction Cups or Contrary. Maika has a move called Turn Over which reverses stat changes. It's a Dark-type move

corocoro7133th.jpg

This bird is the Fairy-type Shushup. It's ability is healer and knows Aromatherapy. It's exclusive to Pokemon Y.

corocoro7134th.jpg

This puffball is Peroppafu and is a Fairy-type with the new ability Sweet Pale, which prevents your allies from falling asleep in battle. It's the cotton candy pokemon and knows Drain Kiss. It's exclusive to Pokemon X.

corocoro7135th.jpg

Clauncher is exclusive to Pokemon X, while Skrelp is exclusive to Pokemon Y.

It also looks like Lapras is in the regional dex.

There's a new Gym leader, with the robot arms, called Shitoron (シトロン) while the other Gym Leader is called Zakuro (ザクロ)

The professor is called Purataanu. He may occasionaly battle you.

The evil team is called Team Flair / Flare. Their purpose is to solely make money.

Xerneas has an ability called Fairy Aura while Yveltal has one called Dark Aura. Fairy Aura powers up Fairy-type moves while Dark Aura powers up Dark-type moves. Xerneas has a special move called Geo Control and Yveltal one called Death Wing

Honedge has the ability of No Guard

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

Also worth noting that everything here lines up with what I shared from Hiro & PokeBeach months ago.

So here's an unofficial news dump that could very well be official.

• Fairy is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
  • Mawile is a Steel/Fairy type
  • Mewtwo has a second, unseen forme
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
  • You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
  • A few attacks will be dual typed.
  • A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
  • Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
  • A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

Ironically, Sableye and Spiritomb no longer have no weaknesses.

Hydreigon is now sitting over in a corner now, due to its new 4x weakness to Fairy. Makes Metagross the only psuedo-lengendary Pokemon with no 4x weaknesses.

There were also a rumor some time ago about a Pokemon who evolve when you turned your 3DS in the other sense...

Not that ridiculous anymore, apparently...

By the way, I think I'll get Pokemon X. I want my Clauncher.

and another new thing... sorta.

9c84b53c0d1fa4affd29d7c7351247a7.png

This is a sketch of a Pokemon shown at the end of the Mewtwo vs Genesect movie. Obviously, cameras aren't allowed in movie theaters so this is the best we'll get.

It's a typical tree that "looks menacing and spider-like" and the rumored name is "Orotto" in Japan, and "Aulotte" in English.

Banking on Grass/Dark or Grass/Ghost for this one.