A new wild Pokemon appeared!

Generic General

Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.

I think this one is debunked to be false. There are FOUR rivals in X and Y - Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, and Calem/Serena (the player character you don't choose). Hell, even Professor Sycamore will battle you from time to time. So...five rivals? *shrugs* Plus, I suspect they wouldn't have revealed Alexa (the first Gym Leader, Viola's sister) if you couldn't battle her at some point...or at least multiple times. We'll find out.

and another new thing... sorta.

9c84b53c0d1fa4affd29d7c7351247a7.png

This is a sketch of a Pokemon shown at the end of the Mewtwo vs Genesect movie. Obviously, cameras aren't allowed in movie theaters so this is the best we'll get.

It's a typical tree that "looks menacing and spider-like" and the rumored name is "Orotto" in Japan, and "Aulotte" in English.

Banking on Grass/Dark or Grass/Ghost for this one.

So we're potentially getting a new Pokemon that's a treant? Odds are that it'll be Grass/Ghost - in many instances, treants are basically trees that are possessed by spirits. But I guess we'll see whether or not this thing is legit sometime later.

Edited by Karaszure

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this one is debunked to be false. There are FOUR rivals in X and Y - Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, and Calem/Serena (the player character you don't choose). Hell, even Professor Sycamore will battle you from time to time. So...five rivals? *shrugs*

To be honest, it really depends on what you consider them to be rivals of. Just battling you from time to time I don't think it counts, or else any trainer you could re-battle in the past gens would count. It depends if their goals match yours and there is a sense of competition. Like for example, I don't see Tierno being a rival per se, since the player character doesn't aim to create a party of dancers as well...

Oh wow. So that's what those walking trees are called. You do learn something every day.

Grass/Fairy for lyfe

I think they started as Ents with Tolkien but I'm just used to Treants in DnD and the like.

Plausible. Treants themselves tend to be allies to those attuned with nature sure as druids and fey (there's our Fairy connection), while also being against civilization and evil creatures.

and another new thing... sorta.

9c84b53c0d1fa4affd29d7c7351247a7.png

This is a sketch of a Pokemon shown at the end of the Mewtwo vs Genesect movie. Obviously, cameras aren't allowed in movie theaters so this is the best we'll get.

It's a typical tree that "looks menacing and spider-like" and the rumored name is "Orotto" in Japan, and "Aulotte" in English.

Banking on Grass/Dark or Grass/Ghost for this one.

Looks like Suduwoodu's mom.

Here's a better image of the tree pokemon, from Serebii.

orotto3th.jpg

This thing is just speculation though.

Oh, and for the final legendary, I'm calling a water/(Psychic) type. One sofar is a land pokemon, the other is a flying pokemon, it makes sense if the other was a water pokemon, just to complete the trio. Psychic because I'm not sure, I think they might be going for a trio with dark and fairy, but idk.

Edited by Bryan

^ F**K, your Jeff the Killer avatar is scaring the everliving sh*t out of me. ;_;

I touched on this in another thread, so I'll just quote here what I said there.

Looking at all the translations for the information on Serebii and Bulbapedia, I noticed something interesting. Xerneas is referred to as the Life Pokemon, and Yveltal is referred to as the Destruction Pokemon. That's extremely reminiscent of Hinduism, as one of their major concepts is the concept of creation, preservation, and destruction. So with that in mind, it confirms three things: Xerneas is a representation of Brahma the Creator, Yveltal is a representation of Shiva the Destroyer, and there will possibly be a third Legendary Pokemon to complete this trio that will be a representation of Vishnu the Preserver.

So what it means that the Fairy type represents creation, and the Dark type represents destruction. So to complete the trio, the third Legendary has to be something that would pertain to the preservation of life and the prevention of destruction. And because we know Game Freak by now, I'm thinking this Pokemon will also have a name that starts with a Z somehow.

However, I dunno what kind of type would match. Based on the rumor we got about the Fairy type, Xerneas having a 1-up on Yveltal due to type superiority is kind of one-sided (the rumor stated that Fairy would be super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting). If that's true, though, then the third Legendary would probably have to be something that Xerneas couldn't kill, but Yveltal could. I'm possibly predicting that the third Legendary would be Psychic/Poison type - based on the same rumor, Fairy type is weak to Poison and Steel, so the new Legendary's Poison typing could kill Xerneas while its Psychic typing would allow it to be killed by Yveltal. That's a nice little type superiority triangle to think about.

EDIT:

Oh, and for the final legendary, I'm calling a water/(Psychic) type. One sofar is a land pokemon, the other is a flying pokemon, it makes sense if the other was a water pokemon, just to complete the trio. Psychic because I'm not sure, I think they might be going for a trio with dark and fairy, but idk.

As nice as that sounds, adding in Water type basically creates another trio of Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, except with different typing. I think this new trio is based more based on Hinduism than land, sea, and sky.

Edited by Karaszure

As much as I'd like a Poison legendary, I'm not exactly sure it would fit with the 2nd stage of the Hindu theme of creation/preservation/destruction, unless it's maybe paired with something like Grass (kinda like a plant that sends its seeds away) or Bug (big ass bee perhaps?). Meanwhile Psychic would be pretty boring considering the sheer number of Psychic legendaries and might also be a bit too close to Cresselia if you consider its general healing role.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

Also worth noting that everything here lines up with what I shared from Hiro & PokeBeach months ago.

So here's an unofficial news dump that could very well be official.

• Fairy is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
  • Mawile is a Steel/Fairy type
  • Mewtwo has a second, unseen forme
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
  • You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
  • A few attacks will be dual typed.
  • A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
  • Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
  • A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

Ironically, Sableye and Spiritomb no longer have no weaknesses.

Hydreigon is now sitting over in a corner now, due to its new 4x weakness to Fairy. Makes Metagross the only psuedo-lengendary Pokemon with no 4x weaknesses.

Easier EV train and the ability to see how much EV you have? Damned good now I can do efficiency run on the go.

Fairy weakness to Steel is natural, but I don't see how fighting should receive yet another weakness again. All of them have too many weakness, though their offensive prowess is a decent trade off for that.

Dual type attack? Scald being Fire/Water everyone?

Thank you Game Freak for no other Fire/Fighting starter. I really thank you, and I love you so much for this.

I hope this competitive rival feels like the old Green or at least like Barry/Pearl. Cheren is too soft, for while he had something worth to pursuit, he really doesn't have any motivation to compete against us.

Somewhat easier EV training? Now if only they could do something about IVs.

Hydreigon's hell

This is kinda cute actually.

Wow.

A cotton candy Pokemon.

I bet countless Genwunners are vomiting in rage at this very moment.

I think that is notreally cooton candy pokemon. It have stem, so I think that actually a crossbred between cotton and dandelion seed, which its typing should be Fairy/Grass.

I hope my prediction is right, I don't want any (modern) food Pokemon like Vanillite anymore.

EDIT: Damnit I was wrong. At least it have feet which make it look more animal like.

Edited by Shengar

Fairy weakness to Steel is natural, but I don't see how fighting should receive yet another weakness again. All of them have too many weakness, though their offensive prowess is a decent trade off for that.

Thank you Game Freak for no other Fire/Fighting starter. I really thank you, and I love you so much for this.

Dragon, Fighting and Dark only have two weaknesses each. Plenty of types have more weaknesses than them. Fighting in particular has two weaknesses that aren't used so much anymore in Flying and Psychic.

A Fighting subtype makes Fire actually good though.

Dragon, Fighting and Dark only have two weaknesses each. Plenty of types have more weaknesses than them. Fighting in particular has two weaknesses that aren't used so much anymore in Flying and Psychic.

A Fighting subtype makes Fire actually good though.

Fair point. My opinion was mostly based on the fact that many Fighting Pokemon doesn't have the right sub-type to cover their weakness. Many like Breelom, Toxicroak, and Heracross receive even more weakness with their subtype. But yes, they only have two weakness which is certainly fine to add one more weakness.

Yes, a good mix up for offensive Pokemon. It is just, we already have three generations consecutively of Fire/Fighting starter, while Water have something like Water/Ground and Water/Steel.

The other thing to consider with the third legendary would be whether or not it needs to look like the letter Z.

Only mechanical/steel serpent comes to mind, which wouldn;t really complete triangle as Yvertal isn't super effective against.

Fair point. My opinion was mostly based on the fact that many Fighting Pokemon doesn't have the right sub-type to cover their weakness. Many like Breelom, Toxicroak, and Heracross receive even more weakness with their subtype. But yes, they only have two weakness which is certainly fine to add one more weakness.

Yes, a good mix up for offensive Pokemon. It is just, we already have three generations consecutively of Fire/Fighting starter, while Water have something like Water/Ground and Water/Steel.

Oh that would be Steel, but Lucario's not exactly built on defenses and Cobalion's stat spread makes his Defense stand out at the cost of his Special Defense. Other than that, Electric/Fighting hasn't been seen yet while there's only a handful of Rock, Psychic or Dark dual Fighting types.

And you don't think Water/Ground has enough, even when only the Swampert line was a starter?

The other thing to consider with the third legendary would be whether or not it needs to look like the letter Z.

It could be more subtle than that. Perhaps an antenna or a branch might work if it's shaped as such, and let's not forget Z patterns on something's body, which are conveniently close to be shaped like a lightning bolt.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

A friend of Serebii who went to the new movie got a new sketch for the tree pokemon, Oorotto.

orotto4th.jpg

As you can see, it varies a good bit from the other sketch of it, the one that Bryan posted yesterday. It has a cyclops eye, some foliage on its arms and head, etc.

A friend of Serebii who went to the new movie got a new sketch for the tree pokemon, Oorotto.

orotto4th.jpg

As you can see, it varies a good bit from the other sketch of it, the one that Bryan posted yesterday. It has a cyclops eye, some foliage on its arms and head, etc.

Yep, that's probably a Grass/Ghost type, if anything else. Hallelujah for original type combinations. Granted, we're already getting Dark/Fighting and Dark/Psychic, so you gotta wonder what else Game Freak is planning to give us.

Yep, that's probably a Grass/Ghost type, if anything else. Hallelujah for original type combinations. Granted, we're already getting Dark/Fighting and Dark/Psychic, so you gotta wonder what else Game Freak is planning to give us.

Scraggy and Scrafty were already of that type.

I'm hoping for Bug/Dark, Electric/Fighting, a more common Fire/Dragon and a pseudo-legendary with a new typing, like the Dark/Electric one that was given as a rumor earlier this year.

I don't think they would change the type of Pokemon that isn't part of Fairy egg group right? I mean Ninetales should be the first Fire/Ghost Pokemon before Lampent, and with the new Fairy-type, they should at least make it Fire/Fairy.