A new wild Pokemon appeared!

Generic General

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>Steel/Ghost type

>Levitates

I sure hope this goes where I hope it will go.

There are various ways to circumvent Levitate (Smack Down, Gravity, Mold Breaker and it's variants, etc). In addition anyone with Scrappy, Foresight, or Odor Sleuth and a Fighting type move can also a good chance against it.

edit: nvm that loses the pun, why don't steel/ghost types have sword-like moves other than slashing

^true, but that would make it much better against ground types anyway

Edited by shadykid

Can anyone think of ONE Steel-type move it could possibly learn? Because I can't. Hopefully they will give it an exclusive STAB move.

I have a feeling we're going to get a new Steel type move because of this Pokemon. I'd presume a Steel type equivalent to Leaf Blade; 90 base power, 100% accuracy, higher chance to critical.

Speaking of which, I would be surprised if this Pokemon doesn't learn stuff like Psycho Cut and Leaf Blade to go with the sword motif, kind of like how Gallade does it. Shame it wouldn't learn Sacred Sword or Secret Sword due to the whole exclusivity thing.

Edited by Gelato

Can anyone think of ONE Steel-type move it could possibly learn? Because I can't. Hopefully they will give it an exclusive STAB move.

I can see it learning Gyro Ball and go all spin attack on it's opponent.

I hope this pokemon has nice STAB on its attacks :smug:

What you did there: I see it.

Ghost typing: denying you STAB on anything above 80 Base Power for five generations so far.

Steel typing: home of Meteor Miss and Miss Tail for your strongest STAB options.

So yeah... for a presumably offensive pokemon, as thrilled as I am with this typing (Steel type with Fighting immunity Go Go GO), I'm not going to have high hopes for it's viability until I know it has a decent stat spread and legitimately good STAB options. Ghost and Dark are the ONLY types that don't have any moves above 80 Base Power (and they have the same coverage; how great is that?). Physically oriented Ghost types especially have it bad. Really hoping that changes with this next generation. Frankly, I don't expect this 'mon to be very good without better STAB options than what exist through Gen V. Great defensive typing, though.

Steel Spinblocker Master Race? On a Sword ;P

^ Shadow Force is exclusive only to Giratina, though.

Anyway, this new Pokemon's English name is confirmed as "Honedge." Just...I love this Pokemon, but I am very disappointed in the name. "Hexcalibur" would have been a better name. >_>

I often forget Shadow Force exists since it's exclusive to Giratina (and an event Arceus iirc). Plus, taking two turns to attack is fail.

I know it sucks, I'm just being pedantic because you said such a move didn't exist :P:

I often forget Shadow Force exists since it's exclusive to Giratina (and an event Arceus iirc). Plus, taking two turns to attack is fail.

Immune to damage the first turn and breaks through protect/detect on the second doesn't really seem all that bad to me :U

Also the first thing I thought of when seeing this thing was Death Sword from TP(the sub boss in Arbiter's grounds or whatever that place was called, the sand place with stallard)

Edited by Kitty of Time

Immune to damage the first turn and breaks through protect/detect on the second doesn't really seem all that bad to me :U

In-game, it's irrelevant (5 pp is disappointing though). You can do and use whatever you want. Against a person, you're basically giving your opponent at least one free turn, telling them what you plan to do, and letting them react accordingly. It's terribad. What good is breaking through protect/detect when there's a type with an immunity to it?

Edited by Sublime Manic