NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

You kids need to calm down man. The rivalry thing is cute and all but try not to take it TOO far and maintain a level of respect for each other please.

Broncos need a better pass rush right now. They're missing Von Miller and Dumervil badly right now. Otherwise their backfield actually isn't that bad, AND they were missing Champ Bailey. Their offense looked good but later in the season they'll need a better rushing attack. Can't live off Peyton's arm forever.

Ravens looked good the first half, then just died the second half. Peyton's no huddle really wore them down, and they were lacking some depth. Jacoby Jones leaving was a big blow as well. Too many dropped passes by the receivers obviously. Had the lead not been so gigantic I would have liked to see them rush the ball more.

All in all these two teams will probably be in the playoffs this year. It's just week 1 guys (that's the beauty of it).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy bujeesus sometimes people take football too seriously

He, don't act so surprised. It's impossible to take football too seriously. That's the great thing about the NFL. It's really not just a game, it's war.

I try not to take it so seriously. But when I'm insulted as a fan, I'm sure as hell going to defend myself. xP But sorry about that, Helios.

Anyway, just a few hours and the Steelers clash with the Titans! You've got to win this time Steelers!

Now that I can look back at the game, it raised more questions than it answered. I wasn't impressed by the bronco's backfield, but I was impressed by the ravens pass rush in the first half. And then the biggest issue of the day comes with the fact that Oher is out and there are now questions about the offenses overall power. I think that the broncos need better balance early in the game, and the ravens need to get a tight end that doesn't drop the ball.

The Broncos' backfield is probably their weakest area, considering they don't have a legitimate starting tailback. Unfortunately, there's not much else they can do but hope Moreno returns to his old form, Hillman proves he's not just a change-of-pace guy or Ball gets better as a rookie.

And yeah, Baltimore's really missing Dennis Pitta right now. Clark is decrepit and done.

Broncos don't need that impressive a backfield when Moreno can be an okay receiver and they've got three fairly ridiculous WRs anyway.

At least we didn't see some bullshit like Moreno hurdling Ed Reed, our defense last year was defined by a weak run defense coupled by blown coverages in the secondary (and Ed Reed struggling to tackle things). Glad that happened less this year.

Edited by Lord Raven

OMG LOL! Three seconds and the Titans already give the Steelers free points. XD

Reynado (or however you spell his name) didn't realize his left foot was out of the endzone. Safety. Just...OMFG lol.

Redman, get your shit together. Now. I gave you a pass on on that first fumble because it was more Ben's fault, but that second one was BS. You're better than that.

Also, this is why Todd Haley sucks. I knew Sanders was going to get creamed that one play and lose yards. That was OBVIOUS. >_>

Come on guys, nobody's gotten anything but those two free points!

And we lost Pouncey to injury earlier. AGAIN. The Steelers are also really missing Miller. I want him back soon. :(

EDIT: WTF, that was bullshit! Yeah, Ben's knee was down, but they should've had twenty more seconds after that! And that's all that's needed to make a big play or two! That was unfair and a stupid error by the officials!

"This first half ended as bizarrely as it started." Damn straight. At least the Steelers get the ball again after half time. This offense needs to do SOMETHING already.

EDIT2: Well, so much for having the ball. Ben, I don't blame you for being mad at that shit right there.

Edited by Anacybele

I was impressed by the New Orleans-Atlanta game. Their defense is looking pretty good at this point, they got pressure on Ryan and sacked him quite a bit. Forced him to throw it away at times too.

Ugh, this Steeler game was nothing but one big facepalm. I've never seen the offense play this badly before, especially against a mediocre team like the Titans. Polamalu and Jones were the only people that made any exceptional plays, both being defenders, of course. And we already lost FOUR of our guys to injuries?! This is just bullshit.

And nobody can say "lol Steelers are too old" either. Everyone that got hurt was young and two of them were rookies. But what really makes me angry about this is that two of them also went out because of THEIR OWN TEAM MATES.

But what I do like is that even though they played horribly for the most part, the team didn't give up and managed to get one TD and many of the Steeler fans stayed and kept cheering for them. They went down, but they went down fighting. And this is only the first game. This team better get a good talking to though. Absolutely nobody on the offense did anything noteworthy. And we need Miller. Badly.

Edited by Anacybele

<Nauseous> how about those ravens

<LRaven> Nauseous hey

<LRaven> we're not winning or losing the afc north

<LRaven> in fact i'm pretty sure we're #1 cause we scored the most points

Also caught the tail end of the Jets game. That defender's going to get chewed out for that hit. Shit! The squib return was exciting too.

I'm sad I can't catch Arizona-St. Louis. I wanna see Arizona do well this season.

Edited by Lord Raven

<Nauseous> how about those ravens<LRaven> Nauseous hey<LRaven> we're not winning or losing the afc north<LRaven> in fact i'm pretty sure we're #1 cause we scored the most pointsAlso caught the tail end of the Jets game. That defender's going to get chewed out for that hit. Shit! The squib return was exciting too.I'm sad I can't catch Arizona-St. Louis. I wanna see Arizona do well this season.

I personally think the call was bullshit. No whistle was blown by the time he hit him, so it was a legal shove. Also do you have nfl redzone that's how I'm watching the game. Like the huge throw to Floyd.

LIONS WIN LIONS WIN LIONS WIN LIONS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting off the season right baby! Apart from the first play of the game, they did a great job stopping Adrian Peterson, and while the defense allowed some yardage they did a good job putting pressure on Ponder and causing turnovers. Still dumb penalties (like the one that cost them the pick 6) but other than that the defense looked improved.

On offense, Reggie Bush looked as good as advertised. Having his home run ability on the team just completely made the offense as a whole better by adding a whole new dimension to it. Joique Bell (backup running back) looked great as well spelling Bush. Stafford still isn't playing up to his potential, but he looked a lot better passing the ball today. Having Megatron back and Burleson not dropping every ball helped. Better blocking (both run and pass) than I've seen in recent years. Vikes weren't able to generate a pass rush at all, and there were holes for the backs to work with. Still too many drops by the receivers. Calvin still needs a little fine tuning (two touchdown receptions called back on him). Pettigrew still sucks (fumbled yet again). Still unnecessary penalties, but better than before at least.

All in all the team looks a lot better than I thought they would be. Should be a good game against the Cards in Week 2.

LIONS WIN LIONS WIN LIONS WIN LIONS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting off the season right baby! Apart from the first play of the game, they did a great job stopping Adrian Peterson, and while the defense allowed some yardage they did a good job putting pressure on Ponder and causing turnovers. Still dumb penalties (like the one that cost them the pick 6) but other than that the defense looked improved.

On offense, Reggie Bush looked as good as advertised. Having his home run ability on the team just completely made the offense as a whole better by adding a whole new dimension to it. Joique Bell (backup running back) looked great as well spelling Bush. Stafford still isn't playing up to his potential, but he looked a lot better passing the ball today. Having Megatron back and Burleson not dropping every ball helped. Better blocking (both run and pass) than I've seen in recent years. Vikes weren't able to generate a pass rush at all, and there were holes for the backs to work with. Still too many drops by the receivers. Calvin still needs a little fine tuning (two touchdown receptions called back on him). Pettigrew still sucks (fumbled yet again). Still unnecessary penalties, but better than before at least.

All in all the team looks a lot better than I thought they would be. Should be a good game against the Cards in Week 2.

It should be a very fun match up! Glad to hear the Lion's are starting off well!

Edit: Daaaaaamn Palmer is on fire! He has made nearly every single pass he has attempted. Reminding me of when we had Kurt Warner.

Edited by Folgore Red II

Palmer is succeeding?????

omfg omfg omfg

So far all the teams I like have won. Indy, NO, Cards are winning atm, Anquan was doing work in SF, Seattle won, Detroit won, Denver's a team I like anyway so I'm not particularly salty about the loss. And Ravens are *technically* winning the AFC North. Technically.