NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

Sorry, but when did they announce the winner of that award? I don't think they did. Bell also broke a Steeler record, being the first RB to get at least 100 rushing yards in...some number of games, I don't remember how many. He's also one of only THREE Steeler rookie RBs to do something else that I can't remember (how am I forgetting this stuff? >.>), one of the other two being Franco Harris of all people. And that guy is a hall of famer. If you're equalling a hall of famer as a rookie, that's saying something. And Bell has also been killing it all season save for the couple games he couldn't play in.

It's not announced, but it's obvious that if it comes down to those two, Lacy is the clear choice. And to be fair, from a non-Steelers fan point of view Bell looked pretty dull in a few games early on. (sorry I'm replying 7 days late, gosh I'm so inactive)

Edited by Mr. Haar

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I guessed the Browns record (though I guessed we'd lose to the Ravens and beat the Jaguars, when really the opposite happened) right when Hoyer got injured.

Also, Chud's gone. On one hand, he was the weak link of our coaching staff (Horton and Turner are both great. I'll be PISSED if they're fired), and having that weak link be the Head Coach of all people is never a good idea. On the other hand, this constant coach-firing is what the team has been doing since 1999, and it doesn't work.

What do I think we should do now? Well, we obviously need to draft a QB. Let that QB compete with Hoyer for the starting job, and keep the loser of that competition as a backup. Cut both Campbell and Weeden. If no veterans are available as free agents to serve as a mentor, draft a third-string QB in one of the final rounds in case of injury (this draft is deep at QB, so there might actually be some decent ones left that late, and remember that Tom Brady was a sixth round pick, not that the Browns would ever be that lucky). Draft another WR to give whoever our starting QB is another target so that the strategy to beat us won't be "cover Gordon and Cameron and win". Also, draft a RG to help out our offensive line, since Mitchell Schwartz (our RT) isn't the problem on our right side. Our team doesn't really have as many needs as you'd think beyond that.

I think this Browns season serves as an example of just how important having a good QB is in the NFL. Even five pro bowlers aren't enough when you have Campbell and Weeden behind center.

Gordon had more receiving yards surprisingly

I firmly believe Megatron is overrated but I still thing he's among the best

And Gordon had to split receptions with Cameron. Megaton is on his own. Granted that means he has more coverage on him but whatever.

Antonio Brown is one of the best too! He led the league in receiving yards for awhile. And he leads the league in number of receptions in a certain number of games. He's the only one that got at least five in like 16 games straight. And this guy is fast and can break tackles. And I already mentioned that he's going to the pro bowl. ^^

Guys like Calvin Johnson and AJ Green are pretty damn good too though.

Antonio Brown is one of the best too!

Nope

Players that definitely rank above Antonio Brown;

Calvin Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Dez Bryant

Josh Gordon

Reggie Wayne

Wes Welker

Demaryius Thomas

AJ Green

Jordy Nelson

Andre Johnson

Brandon Marshall

Alshon Jeffery

Leading the league in receiving yards is a matter of system and who's being targeted. Productivity doesn't mean you're more talented, otherwise we'd all think Larry Fitzgerald is an average receiver. Antonio Brown seems like he's on par with someone like Eric Decker or Torrey Smith.

Nope

Leading the league in receiving yards is a matter of system and who's being targeted. Productivity doesn't mean you're more talented, otherwise we'd all think Larry Fitzgerald is an average receiver. Antonio Brown seems like he's on par with someone like Eric Decker or Torrey Smith.

Of course YOU would disagree. You don't like the Steelers. And why do you think Brown was targeted a lot? Because he has TALENT. Ben wouldn't throw to him so often if he didn't think he was a really talented receiver. And I didn't mention only receiving yards and such. I also said Brown is great at breaking tackles and he's fast. I did forget to mention that he can really catch a ball. He got a sick one-handed catch in the corner of the endzone and still managed to keep both feet in bounds.

Please shut up with the bias part, if I were really so biased I'd put Torrey Smith above him and put his not-leading-the-league purely on Caldwell's hands but I didn't, because I sincerely don't believe Torrey Smith is that great.

And you're mentioning nothing that those guys can't do.

- Fitzgerald is an amazing route runner who doesn't drop passes, ever, and he is an extremely good blocker. Can fit into many different WR roles too.

- Calvin Johnson is perhaps the greatest physical specimen in football history

- AJ Green is a faster Fitzgerald (not as good hands or routes, but generally the same strengths)

- Dez Bryant is a lesser Calvin Johnson

- Josh Gordon lead the league in receiving with Weeden and Campbell throwing to him

- Reggie Wayne is pretty much exactly the same receiver as Fitzgerald

- Welker is the smartest possession receiver in football, and he's fast and hard to tackle

- Demaryius Thomas is an incredible blocker and he's elusive as hell. Screens to Thomas are one of the most dangerous things about Denver's offense and I think Manning's gotten close to 4-5 TDs due to his ability to take a screen for like 30+ yards. He's also an amazing deep threat

- Jordy Nelson is probably the most potent deep threat in football. He's not as fast as other receivers, but he's always open on 20+ yards it seems.

- I forgot about Julio Jones, who is extremely fast

- Andre Johnson; see Reggie Wayne and Larry Fitzgerald

- Brandon Marshall is extremely atheletic

- Alshon Jefferey makes even crazier catches than Antonio Brown does

Antonio Brown has, once again, Torrey Smith-like potential (and he's probably better than him now). But Ben also doesn't have as many people to throw to (the only people I can think of on that offense would be like Bell, Sanders, Miller, and Cotchery). Cotchery's a red-zone guy, the other guys have been injured all season long. Brown was the only receiving option healthy all 16 games. Stats look inflated that way. The catches you're talking about, all of these guys are more than capable of doing, but they've done crazier stuff and others are far more established.

(There's more receivers I'd rank above Brown btw but I'll stop, I will say that I completely forgot about Randall Cobb)

As for my bias: I own a Torrey Smith jersey

Edited by Lord Raven

I really can only think of 3 more above Brown

1. Vincent Jackson, the guy's an animal and he also had lackluster QB play, he had a great season even with all of the crap happening with the Bucs

2. Desean Jackson, he finally broke out after having a few recent lackluster seasons, but in this new system I think he really excels with his blazing speed.

3. Jimmy Graham, I know he technically is a TE, but he never actually lines up at TE, he is really more of a slot receiver.

4. Eric Decker, the guy is a vacuum, he catches everything and he has a nose for the endzone, also I'm biased because he went to where I go to college.

Although against your point as to inflation of stats, this site (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr) actually states that Antonio Brown played better than his stats indicate.

Play-off predictions Wild Card:

Colts vs Chiefs

Due to the Colts giving the Chiefs an embarrassing lost 2 weeks ago.I truly think Colts will win this game.

Winner:Colts

Eagles vs Saints:

Although Eagles have a dynamic offense this season,I don't believe their defense can hold well against Drew Brees,even if Eagles plays well.

Winner:Saints

Packers vs 49ers

The Packers who ended the season at (8-7-1) there is always a problem when they perform plays.Though they can slow the 49ers passing game a bit.But since of 49ers decisions and having Frank Gore,my prediction is....

Winner:49ers.

Chargers vs Bengals

Bengals have had a very inconsistent season this year.They ended the season at (11-5) though. While Chargers being the lucky/unlucky bastards they are,Bengals inconsistency will surely lead to their demise.Since of the explosive offense of the Chargers,Bengals defense will not be able to hold up against Rivers and Andy Dalton will screw-up way too many times to give back the lead.

Winner: Chargers

Edited by Jiac2001

That's four, Second Pronoun. And that's my point, Raven. Brown can do everything those other guys can do and very well, which makes him a great receiver.

But the other guys do it better

A lot better in most cases.

Well, if a lot of other guys do it better, why is Brown the one going to the Pro Bowl? Surely he must be very talented if he was selected for that. :P

Because the pro bowls a popularity contest. Jeff Saturday made it last year and he wasnt even starting.

His receiving yard total is why. Doesn't mean that he's more talented than most of those other guys, it just means he was more productive. Fitzgerald doesn't go to the Pro Bowl every year but he's a top 10 WR.

And also for some reason Haloti Ngata and Terrell Suggs are in the Pro Bowl this year. Haloti's been injured all year and Terrell's had issues in the second half. Also Marshall Yanda's in this year, and Yanda played above average at best. So it's part popularity contest and part a stats contest.

Edited by Lord Raven

Who else is watching the Colts-Chiefs game?

Donald Brown fumbled and Luck picked it up and dove in for a TD by extending his arm - holy fuck. It was 38-10 at the half and now its 41-38 with 10 minutes left.