NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

Alright I haven't been on in forever so I'll just list some of my thoughts from this week.

7) Was James Starks the answer at RB for the Pack this whole time?

No, Washington's DEF is just that bad.

Seriously, they've been blown out in the first half of each of their first two games.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Browns actually did really good with this trade. I never thought Richardson was anything special, and now they will have a top 2 pick and a top 10 pick in the draft.

Sadly, I expect them to fuck it up in some way.

The Colts projected win total actually went down after this trade if you can believe it...

This post doesn't make too much sense considering how a) Richardson's stat line was similar to that of many other backs at the time (LT being a name I can list off the top of my head) and b) the Colts just lost Vick Ballard as a starter. So their RB depth is Ahmad Bradshaw and Trent Richardson - how will that hurt their win total is beyond me.

Im not sure if it was Vegas or some other betting/ projection site, but I heard on the radio that their projected win total went from 6.8 to 6.5.

Don't forget that they lost a quality receiver or tight end and Vick Ballard this week.

No one seems to agree with me when I say Smith is a fantastic QB, real smart fella. Granted the D has been stellar (not fantastic teams they've been going against though), but still the offense is doing their job very well. As far as I can tell, at least.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Smith has always been a very smart QB, his main problem over the past two years is that he was a checkdown artist because of his hesitancy to throw long. I don't blame him for that, Singletary was a very unhinged HC during his first 5-6 years there so he could only really settle into a game manager-type role. I think Harbaugh went for Kaepernick because he wanted a more explosive QB that may not be as smart but isn't afraid to go vertical and can run read option plays or make a break for it if a play isn't working out like they want it to, which is what Kaepernick can do.

I remember reading the story too, Singletary would always tell him to "make a big play" on third and long or something. And he'd tell him to do it on second and first down too, so eventually he snapped and decided that on passing plays he'd just check down and take what he can get. Singletary is defensive and is good at spotting talent but cannot keep a team together or be a head coach. From what I understand he's a good position coach and/or coordinator but not a head coach.

No, Washington's DEF is just that bad.

Seriously, they've been blown out in the first half of each of their first two games.

Well I hope they stay bad for one more week. Lions haven't won in DC for almost 80 years. IT'S TIME FOR A NEW ERA! Sadly I think RGIII and the offense figures it out this week and beat the Lions in a shootout.

Oh Richardson was 3rd overall btw. Haha, it's gonna be hilarious when the Browns draft an Offensive lineman with the 1st pick in the draft.

I can hear it now, "We want to move forward with Weeden, and we need to keep him upright to do that."

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha I can totally see this happening. And it's gonna happen because Manziel is gonna see the Browns get a top pick, and then he'll decide to stay at A&M for another year.

No one seems to agree with me when I say Smith is a fantastic QB, real smart fella. Granted the D has been stellar (not fantastic teams they've been going against though), but still the offense is doing their job very well. As far as I can tell, at least.

Idk what you're talking about man. I was actually telling my brother yesterday "Man Smith is a good QB." Then he goes "Yeah it's because he realized he's not 'great'. When he stopped trying to be something he's not, he became good". Smith is a smart, accurate, and great decision maker. If he has good possession receivers and a good defense (which he has in KC), he'll win. I wouldn't want him on my team, but I admit that he's a good QB. I agree with Lord Raven.

Browns management is composed of idiots. It started way back in the sixties when He Who Shall Not Be Named fired Paul Brown and has been a major thing holding us back even in the (incredibly rare) occasions when we actually field good teams. Honestly, I was only surprised for like two seconds when I heard that Richardson got traded.

Knowing our luck, Trent will never get injured again and go on to be the greatest RB in NFL history. Because this is Cleveland.

At least the Indians are in a position for a heartbreaking playoff run this year.

Yall seriously need to get over that Art Modell thing, Johnny Unitas and Raymond Berry are apart of the Indianapolis Colts franchise and not Baltimore and Houston has nothing about Steve McNair or Warren Moon. Bernie Kosar and all of them are at least still recognized in history by the Cleveland Browns franchise and not the Baltimore Ravens. Doesn't matter if Modell almost made us the Baltimore Browns (though god help him if he ended up doing so)

Edited by Lord Raven

Ya know, I really feel bad for Cleveland Browns fans.

Derrick Anderson has an average season, Arizona offers a 1st round pick to sign him through restricted free-agency, the Browns decide to pass on the pick and sign him for even more money, Derrick Anderson ends up being cut in a couple years. 1st round pick Brady Quinn, BUST. 2nd round pick Colt McCoy? BUST. 28-year old 1st round pick Brandon Weeden? LOL.

And thats just the QBs of the last 10 years.

Then there is their name. The Browns? Their fucking helmets are ORANGE. And BROWN is associated with "dirt" and "poop". They are the Cleveland "dirty shits". I dont care what the actual history behind the name is. It's a terrible name.

Im sorry Cleveland. I hope next years draft can help turn your franchise around.

Man, the Ravens and Bengals are scary this season. Yeah, no way the Steelers are going to match that this time... I'll still watch them, of course. That's what a Steeler fan does. And who knows, maybe something will change for the better for us.

Which reminds me, daaaaamn. The Giants didn't score at ALL against the Panthers and lost 38-0?! Go Panthers, but man, that's gotta be embarrassing as HELL for poor Eli. Especially after his brother threw a record seven TD passes in one game.

Edited by Anacybele

How about you not make fun of me?

I feel sorry for Ben... He's stuck with this loser team. Miller is back, but that's not helping. I didn't think it really would though. He's just one guy. Things would be better if we had Bell, Pouncey, and Foote too.

Brown can still make plays, as can Polamalu (dat tackle costing the Bears four yards), but it isn't enough. They can't do enough by themselves, the need help...

Edited by Anacybele

And of course Ben throws an interception that leads to another Bears TD. None of these sacks nor that interception were really his fault, but come on, I didn't think it would be THIS bad.

Seriously... Just... What has happened to this team? They were the reason I loved watching NFL football so much. And I was proud to be from the City of Champions (that was a nickname given to Pittsburgh because of how good the Steelers and Penguins were. They've even won Super Bowls and Stanley Cups in the same year) and to watch all those competitive games between the Steelers and Ravens (dat rivalry, man) and see the Steelers stomp all over the so-called rivalry with the Browns (those Browns could never stand a chance...lol). Now this is just boring and embarrassing...

Wow, the Steelers actually managed to get more than ten points this time. I'm honestly amazed. I guess there is a little life in that offense after all. Haley still either needs to improve himself more or get fired though. There are still too many garbage stunts going on.