NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. It looks like our offense is finally back! I just hope they can keep it this way. I'd still rather have someone better than Haley, but if he can start using his brain right more often, he can stay for a bit longer.

And on that note I'll just leave this here.

vGJc2.jpg

We can add Hoyer to that shirt now, and I wouldn't be surprised if Campbell starts at least one game.

I wonder if the quarterback class this year is any good. Even if it is, we're probably going to waste a pick on a stinker.

On the plus side... at the end of the game yesterday my team had more points than the opposing team! I didn't think that was even possible. What do you people call this strange phenomenon?

A win. lol

I had my hopes up too high last night for those Steelers. Stupid offense Jones lost that ball AGAIN. He needs to stop that shit. The team would've finally WON again if it wasn't for that. I say offense Jones because we have a Jones on the defense too (and Jarvis Jones is damn good for a rookie), and I want to make sure people know which Jones I'm referring too.

But I'm glad the team actually put up a fight this time. A good one too. But dayum, I will NOT forget that incredible TD catch Brown made!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013092213/2013/REG3/bears@steelers#menu=highlights&tab=recap

You can't tell me that shit wasn't freaking AWESOME.

Someone in Cleveland is getting fired...

How funny would it be if they got 4 or 5 wins and couldn't draft a top QB prospect?

The Bills #1 CB was out for the 1st 6-8 weeks of the season, and their #2 CB got hurt on the Jets opening drive. WTF. Our safety had to play corner and our 4th string CB got burned for like 250 yards and 2 TDs in the game. Kudos to the Jets for taking advantage of our injuries.

Despite the injuries, we shouldn't have lost though. We won the turnover battle 2-0, and the Jets had 20 penalties for 168 yards. I guess I should get used to this with a rookie QB.

Whats with the AFC beating all of their NFC opponents? Its looking like its gonna take an 11-5 record to get a wild card berth in the AFC.

On the plus side... at the end of the game yesterday my team had more points than the opposing team! I didn't think that was even possible. What do you people call this strange phenomenon?

the Vikings blowing the game

Also strangely enough - Oakland got 3 TDs on Denver and Pryor didn't make an interception on that secondary. Looks like the AFC West is the comeback division of the year and the AFC North is a dichotomous division (Ravens unbeatable at home and good on the road now, Bengals doing some weird shit against Green Bay). East is making a push for great division and the AFC South has Jacksonville... But te other three teams look good.

Thank god for the death of this 49ers hype. Seattle will take the division and Arizona and St. Louis will make a solid push.

Edited by Lord Raven

You don't get credits for TDs off a lateral, otherwise a quick toss to an RB on the outside would count torwards the QB.

But yeah that's always funny. I think LT has like 7 TD passes to his name or something.

Edited by Lord Raven

Predictions this weekend?

San Francisco @ St. Louis - they weren't able to beat St. Louis last year, and St. Louis' roster improvements, Bradford's progression, the fact that this is a home game with the cherry on the top being the 49ers awful playcalling and receiving corps puts this squarely as a win for St. Louis. The 49ers seem far more suspect on the road than other road teams.

Baltimore @ Buffalo - This defense held Houston to 3 field goals and caused them to more or less drop Arian Foster due to playing from behind syndrome. They also have a much improved secondary (Jimmy Smith, Lardarius Webb, Matt Elam, James Ihedigbo) and a bull rushing front 7 that is EJ's worst nightmare in the pocket. CJ Spiller could be problematic to use given the way that Arian Foster could consistently get 5 yards on us - but hey, CJ gets them to the red zone and all they can do is kick a field goal because our playcalling becoming incredible once we hit the red zone (49ers fans - this is why you kept passing during your last possession of the Super Bowl, because our front 7 and secondary together would shut down Gore instantly). Buffalo's getting better but we're getting Rice back, and Clark's turning out to be reliable + Marlon Brown is a beast + Dickson is blocking effectively enough giving him a nice niche in our offense.

Cincinnati @ Cleveland - Both have stellar defenses, but Cincy's offense easily wins this one out despite playing away. It's in the same state so it's not really that far away to begin with, but I'm pretty sure this game shouldn't be much of an issue for Cincinnati.

Chicago @ Detroit - Burleson may have been a cool guy and the vocal leader but he's the most replaceable cog in that offense. That Detroit offense is scary even when it'll be paired up against a Chicago defense. Chicago's defense is pretty good too, but their offense breaks down in the second half (a la Chicago@Pittsburgh and other games too where they slammed the breaks). Still, Detroit's offense and front 7 are incredibly potent, the only issue here can be the fact that Cutler could torch their secondary pretty quickly. At least Detroit's at home.

Seattle @ Houston - Houston's secondary is terrible on top of how Seahawks secondary is ridiculous and their run defense isn't so bad. Expect Houston receivers to be shut down (especially since AJ might be out) and their receivers gone. The only thing that can really stop Seattle here is Houston's pass rush but Wilson's one of the most elusive dudes in the nfl right now.\

Indianapolis @ Jacksonville - um.. I'm honestly a well wisher towards Gabbert and I think he has all the physical tools in the world. His coaching has just been shitty. We'll see.

New York Giants @ Kansas City - KC has been playing out of its mind the past few weeks and will continue to do so. Alex Smith will lead 6-7 minute drives leading to a score and NYG won't have enough time to dig them out of that. On top of that NYG has been atrocious as of late and will be completely rattled against this elite defense that KC possesses. I expect this to be a blowout.

Pittsburgh @ Minnesota (Wembley) - I think Minnesota is playing way below what it can, but I believe Pittsburgh is playing way above what its talent dictates. Having that said, Minnesota is more likely to win this than Pittsburgh because the team got a nice kick in the ass against the Browns that they may have needed to get their shit together. If not that, then this may be the first game where AD isn't completely shut down this season. Polamalu is playing like Polamalu which will make passing impossible for Ponder lol

Arizona @ Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay is about to start a rookie and Arizona is still a great team despite getting blown out by the Saints. This game could go either way quite easily but I believe in all honesty Arizona's far more balanced on defense. Tampa Bay's offense stalls quickly and as a result the defense ends up wasting all the effort it puts into shutting down the opponent - a common theme among the past 3 weeks. Unless Glennon is a lot better than Freeman I wouldn't hold your tits over this, Tampa Bay fans.

New York Jets @ Tennessee - Locker has had his issues in the past and they still exist but they're not as apparent as they used to be. Chris Johnson seems to be doing okay and while NYJ's defense is still a threat year in and year out AND Geno Smith may be their guy, Tennessee has an excellent defense and a steadily improving offense and this is also @Tennessee. I can see a decent game, but I do predict Tennessee to win.

Philadelphia @ Denver - Manning has been playing out of his fucking mind the past 3 weeks and Eagles have probably the single worst secondary in all of football. Combine this with Denver having a great defense to ward off Philly's offense quite a bit and you have the recipe of a blowout. There's extra sweetness in the fact that it's @Mile High so their offense will quite easily get winded with that whole 15-20 seconds between snaps nonsense.

Washington @ Oakland - Oakland has been keeping it close with its first two opponents and played pretty decently with Denver despite a blowout. If Terrelle Pryor is back then this game is his, I haven't heard of someone rebound so quickly coming out of college and working his ass off for a starting spot and working his ass off to keep it. If it's Matt Flynn this time then still no reason to fear because Redskins defense is suspect at best and RG3 still has a mental barrier keeping him from being the QB he was last year. Both defenses aren't good but Redskins defense is about to be historic so I wouldn't cash in on Washington at all.

Dallas @ San Diego - Dallas this year is much better than last year and San Diego just doesn't feel like it's all that much better than last year. I do expect this to be close especially since they're playing @San Diego and this one could easily go either way, but as far as I understand San Diego's got an okay secondary (Eric Weddle is all they've really got) and Dallas is stacked. Not Seattle or SF stacked but pretty good for what it is. Manti Te'o is back on the team so I'm going Chargers on this one.

New England @ Atlanta - Both teams were absolutely dominant last year and now they suffer from either drops or tons of O-line pressure. Frankly, even if NE's defense is much better than last year, Atlanta's offense is still almost the same and it's being played @Atlanta. Matt Ryan can torch New England's secondary easily and New England's been the king of stalled drives due to drops and bad rookie routes this whole year. I don't know if Gronk is even back yet this week, if he is then this game will be close.

Miami @ New Orleans - New Orleans looks like they will be unstoppable at home and Miami's offense and defense isn't quite at the Saints level yet. Saints defense is much better than last year's and quite a lot above average, and the return of Payton has done wonders for their team. Miami is a solid team this year but let's not forget that New Orleans is still an arm and a leg above them in terms of talent and experience. Definitely NO for this one.

Edited by Lord Raven

^ I agree with you everywhere except for SF @ StL and WAS @ OAK.

SF wont lose 3 games in a row. STL's defense has been terrible over 3 games. I expect SF to win by 10+ points.

WAS finally played a decent game last week by actually showing up in the 1st half of the game. As RG3 gets healthier the skins will only get better.

BAL @ BUF - Good luck. I expect the Ravens to win but I think the score will be close. If Leodis McKelvin can't play, Flacco could have a huge game. Although, BAL's WRs aren't too scary, so our weakness at CB might not be an issue. If the Bills pull the upset, I wont be surprised at all. But I do think the Ravens are the better team, and they should win.

WAS finally played a decent game last week by actually showing up in the 1st half of the game. As RG3 gets healthier the skins will only get better.

BAL @ BUF - Good luck. I expect the Ravens to win but I think the score will be close. If Leodis McKelvin can't play, Flacco could have a huge game. Although, BAL's WRs aren't too scary, so our weakness at CB might not be an issue. If the Bills pull the upset, I wont be surprised at all. But I do think the Ravens are the better team, and they should win.

1st one - Pryor's not expected to play so it's Washington's game now. Still, it's @Oakland...

Flacco, receivers aside, can torch a mediocre secondary even despite having that receiver corps. See: the Niners, Patriots and Giants game last year. If Baltimore didn't believe in running up the score (ie play conservative in the second half) then you'd see a lot more this past Sunday against Houston. But why pass if you can run out the clock?

Oh, that's what you meant. Then I damn well hope the Steelers beat them. Losing to a team that went and lost to the Browns would just be plain pathetic.

Steelers get to go to London on Sunday though! Hope Ben gets another pic at the clock. Big Ben with Big Ben. :D

Edited by Anacybele

Ugh, damn, Ben's throwing hand got smacked pretty hard by somebody. That might hinder him and a hindered QB is the last thing the Steelers need right now. >_<

EDIT: Okay, Ben seems pretty fine. That's a relief. And after he talked to his linemen, they've improved, but that defense needs to start pulling some good stunts. They make the Vikings turn it over here, this game probably goes into OT. Come on, guys! You ain't been 0-4 since freaking 1968! Don't go there now!

Edited by Anacybele

The only solace I take in this game is that the Patriots are struggling as much as we are, with a better qb and oline but worse receivers.

I would like to point out that our o-line is pretty beat up. Volmer and mankins are both week to week players, and solder isn't at 100 percent.

GOD DAMN IT.

You COULD'VE THROWN THIS DAMN GAME INTO OT! Why the hell did the o-line fuck up again NOW? Ben lost the ball, but that doesn't matter, game's over. I did blame him at first, but now I've changed my mind. That o-line was doing so good until THIS shit. And Brown's second amazing catch of the season was for NOTHING.

I really did not need this now. I just did not need it. My grandmother is dying of cancer, I don't need to see my team throw away a game like this.

EDIT: The Ravens are still losing to Buffalo and the Browns beat the f-ing Bengals? The whole AFC North is fucked up today.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not one to jump on a Browns quarterback bandwagon, but I'm liking Hoyer enough to call him "mediocre" so far, which is the best the Browns have had in a LONG time. I could see him leading us to 7-9... or even, dare I say it, 8-8 (you know I'm a Browns fan by the fact that I consider those records to be accomplishments).

Sorry to hear about your grandma, Ana. You have my condolences there.

Thanks, ClevelandSteve. It means a great deal coming from a Cleveland fan. :)

I will say that despite this loss, I'm loving Antonio Brown. Two amazing catches during two games in a row! This guy is the shit. I kinda wanna forget about missing Wallace now. lol

And Bell is just awesome for a rookie. Dat flip into the endzone! Reminded me of that one clip where a Bengal did something similar to get a TD.

But this o-line still needs a bit more practice. Ben talking to them helped a good bit, but a little more effort and practice ought to pull these guys together. Especially since I've noticed that Mike Adams has improved a lot. This guy used to be terrible, now he's making key blocks. The announcers even once pointed out how bad he was awhile back. And of course, you gotta love DeCastro.

And this defense! Too many missed tackles again. I get that some players are just good at breaking tackles, but this defense is missing a lot. And what happened to Polamalu getting interceptions and Woodley getting a bunch of sacks and stuff? These guys used to rip people apart! Woodley is kinda old as is Polamalu, but they say Polamalu runs around as if he's my age! And Woodley's gotten in there a few times to come close.

Edited by Anacybele

Yep, I was right, crap's going on with the Ravens and Bengals while the Browns are the only one in the division to win. I never thought I'd see THIS happen. xP

Matt Cassel was the Vikings QB, but he sounds familiar to me. Wasn't he a Chiefs QB last season or something? I could swear the Steelers played him before, but he wasn't a Viking...

Edited by Anacybele