NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

I could see the Colts/Cardinals going either way really- sometimes the Colts beat the Niners, Seahawks, and Broncos, sometimes they lose to the Chargers and get blown out at home by the Rams. They're unpredictable like that.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very interesting to see how they'd deal with an average team like the Cardinals... Maybe it'll be like the Chargers game but worse since Arizona's defense is actually very good.

I also didn't watch the Rams game but the Rams have an incredible dline and I can imagine them destroying the Colts oline left and right. Arizona has a worser dline than St. Louis but a way better secondary. This matchup looks very much in Arizona's favor on paper.

But then again Arizona's oline is shit too, and Colts have a decent enough dline.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah but that was also @PIT. This is @CLE. I swear you guys have only won one or two away games at best.

Except for the Steelers, it's hardly away at all because Cleveland is like two hours from Pittsburgh, like I said. You're going to see tons of Steeler fans and similar weather there anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

Away games are more than travel. There's a mental aspect to it all and this thing called the 12th man.

Look at the difference between Bengals@Browns and Browns@Bengals for a good measure of what away games mean. As of right now, the Cleveland bandwagon is way louder.

Also a two hour bus ride and sleeping in a hotel the night before is still tiring and Cleveland fans will scream louder. But you clearly also haven't even countered the fact that the matchup favors Cleveland on paper. Doesn't matter if a team is on fire, on paper the steelers are still a mess and the Browns are not.

Funny, they sure didn't look like a mess to me in the Lions game. I don't know who writes this "paper" but whoever it is needs a reality check. The Steelers are not nearly as bad as their record says. I bet the last matchup favored the Lions. And the match before that favored the Bills.

Also, you make it seem like it's impossible to win an away game. It isn't. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Not impossible, but the AFC North teams do appear to benefit greatly from homefield advantage.

Cincinnati 5-0 home 2-4 away

Baltimore 3-1 home 1-5 away

Pittsburgh 3-2 home 1-4 away

Cleveland 3-2 home 1-4 away

Funny, they sure didn't look like a mess to me in the Lions game. I don't know who writes this "paper" but whoever it is needs a reality check. The Steelers are not nearly as bad as their record says. I bet the last matchup favored the Lions. And the match before that favored the Bills.

Also, you make it seem like it's impossible to win an away game. It isn't. xP

I think there's a consensus that their record is far above their talent level. Such a thing is possible.

I'm not saying it's impossible btw, I'm just predicting the Browns to win and I'm not predicting a blowout either. I thought my analysis was fair to both sides and ultimately boiled down to it being an AFCN home game.

I don't think you're being fair to the Steelers. You've predicted that they'd lose every game so far. Yet that's nowhere near the case. I think you have a little bias against them. Which I won't call you out for, I'm probably a little biased against the Ravens and Browns myself.

Also, I think the Steelers have actually won two away games. I can't quite recall though.

You two have had this argument every week for the past month and a half. I'm sick of reading it over and over. I don't think anybody else is enjoying. Your both biased on this matter.

Ana: the steelers are not capable of making the Super Bowl. Quite frankly they'll be lucky to make the playoffs. They simply don't have the talent. They are the browns with a better QB they aren't the Seahawks or the broncos or colts or saints who could all be on their way to met life this February. And when you try to prove a point about the steelers please use logic or statistics not just while this is my opinion so its right. That seems to be a lot of argument.

Raven: the steelers are .500 team they are not the 2-14 team, talent wise at least, that you keep saying they are. You are unintentionally biased. You do to the steelers what I do to the dolphins, you belittle them so your team seems better. Nothing we control its just instinctive.

Edited by Randa

So, uh... I think the Browns could theoretically win this. If we play like we did against the Ravens two weeks ago instead of how we did against the Bengals the second time, that is. Jason Campbell proved last Sunday that he just doesn't measure up to Brian Hoyer. I still hope we don't go to Weeden, though, because if we do then the Steelers have already won.

Also, I came to post this thing I found. It's all 32 teams with Pokemon mascots:

http://imgur.com/a/9WUI4

Edited by ClevelandSteve

So, uh... I think the Browns could theoretically win this. If we play like we did against the Ravens two weeks ago instead of how we did against the Bengals the second time, that is. Jason Campbell proved last Sunday that he just doesn't measure up to Brian Hoyer. I still hope we don't go to Weeden, though, because if we do then the Steelers have already won.

Also, I came to post this thing I found. It's all 32 teams with Pokemon mascots:

http://imgur.com/a/9WUI4

these are really cool. detroit enteis should have been luxrays, though. philadelphia braviaries is so damn cool looking.

Raven: the steelers are .500 team they are not the 2-14 team, talent wise at least, that you keep saying they are. You are unintentionally biased. You do to the steelers what I do to the dolphins, you belittle them so your team seems better. Nothing we control its just instinctive.

They actually are, but they've been able to coach themselves out of some of their issues, namely in lack of talent. Their only clean wins came against teams with rookie QBs with one coming off an injury and one with a rather anemic offense, I wouldn't say the Lions and Ravens cleanly lost to them.

Examples of overachieving teams are the Steelers and the Jets. I am not biased towards the Steelers, I legitimately believe they do not have anywhere near the pieces to have more than like 6-8 wins on the season. Jets have zero talent but amazing coaching that's keeping them competitive which is what makes them so inconsistent.

Underachieving teams are the Ravens, Browns, and Dolphins who find new ways to lose every week.

But I think by level of raw talent, coaching, and everything, Steelers were more or less underdogs in every single game they lost. Nobody completely realized how much Haloti Ngata was carrying our Dline when they went against each other. I don't know what the fuck the Lions did. The Bills should've had a running game to stomp all over their bad dline. The Jets managed to play a good D but an O that laid an egg. They are getting to 6-8 by coaching and coaching only because I think you need to realize that the Steelers didn't match up favorably to any team they were up against, and it doesn't take homer goggles to figure that. If I were truly going all biased on this then I'd predict the Browns and Bengals to lose every single week because those guys are sincerely a bigger threat, and id root against most AFC teams too. As it stands, I did not do that on purpose because the AFC is very weak right now.

As for the Ravens, I kid when I predict a win every week. I knew we'd lose to the Broncos, Browns, and Bears and actually thought the dolphins would beat us because we are shit on the road. I don't actively root against the Steelers because I may as well actively root against the rest of the division, but in all honesty the Steelers winning would benefit the Ravens more but I still believe the Browns will win. I'm fairly neutral in all of my predictions except the Ravens.

The Colts one is indeed Keldeo lol. I would make Chicago's Pokemon Ursaring, personally. And Detroit's would be Pyroar now, imo.

But that's really cool! I had come up with something like this a long time ago, but never made any pictures. :P

20-3 STEELERS! WOO! :D

These guys are for real now! Beating down a top 5 defense like this? Fuck yeah. :D

I think Ben saved his team this season. He's been doing awesome stuff lately, like getting both FedEx air player of the week AND AFC digest player of the week. Steeler Nation loves ya, Big Ben! ^^

It's very easy to beat a Top defense when they have zero offense like the Browns do under Weeden. If Campbell were in it'd probably be like 13-10 with Pit winning.

Anyway, Jacoby Jones burned Ed Reed, showing why the Ravens didn't resign him.

They really are in terms of raw talent, they're just playing out of their mind.

Also, the Jets just got blown out again. Pending a Dolphins loss (not looking likely) looks like we're still very competitive in the six-seed race, now fighting against Pittsburgh. Here's hoping for a Thanksgiving victory. I mean, Pitta has a good chance of coming back, so it won't be too bad.

Detroit loses again, but it's not like Tampa's a bad team... they never were.

Edited by Lord Raven