NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

Actually, the Steelers were fucking robbed and cheated out of it by them and the fucking refs! Read this article I just found.

The Chargers had an illegal number of guys on the field, which they should have been penalized for. The Chiefs would have then been able to attempt a 36 yard FG rather than 41, which Succop most likely would have made.

I HATE YOU GOD DAMN REFS! I HATE YOU CHARGERS TOO! And to think I actually kind of LIKED this team! YOU CHEATED THE STEELERS OUT OF THEIR PLAYOFF SPOT, YOU ASSHOLES!

Just Succ-it-op... (that was bad) It was probably payback from the Steeler's Immaculate Reception in 1972 xD

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, the Steelers' immaculate reception was against the Raiders. :/

Also, now that I look at the play again, I believe that the Chargers DID cause Succop to miss. They had an illegal number of guys on the left side (I counted seven, which is what the article was talking about, forcing Succop to kick to the right so it wouldn't get blocked. He missed because he was already on the right side of the field, leaving him with a very small margin of space to successfully get that ball into the goal.

The Chargers cheated so the game would be thrown into OT and the refs didn't catch it. They're ALL to blame, I hate them ALL right now.

EDIT: Cynthia: Irrelevant. The team worked very hard to come back from their 0-4 start, they deserved that playoff spot for that.

Edited by Anacybele

If they "deserved" to make the playoffs, they would have managed to beat teams like the Raiders and the Vikings. Games played at the beginning of the season don't mean any more than games played near the end of the season.

Again, irrelevant. They worked hard as hell to keep their playoff hopes alive, and that sixth seed spot was within their grasp until this bullshit with the Chargers and refs in that Chiefs game. It's not Pittsburgh's fault if they messed up and screwed them over. All of my team's hard work was for naught, zip, nothing. All because of a DAMN ERROR.

Also, now that I look at the play again, I believe that the Chargers DID cause Succop to miss. They had an illegal number of guys on the left side (I counted seven, which is what the article was talking about, forcing Succop to kick to the right so it wouldn't get blocked. He missed because he was already on the right side of the field, leaving him with a very small margin of space to successfully get that ball into the goal.

The Chargers cheated so the game would be thrown into OT and the refs didn't catch it. They're ALL to blame, I hate them ALL right now.

EDIT: Cynthia: Irrelevant. The team worked very hard to come back from their 0-4 start, they deserved that playoff spot for that.

I was aware it happend against the Raiders but,the play wasn't exactly considered legal at the time,since nobody knew who touched the ball first after the pass,but they still won the game.My point was it was karma.

Again, irrelevant. They worked hard as hell to keep their playoff hopes alive, and that sixth seed spot was within their grasp until this bullshit with the Chargers and refs in that Chiefs game. It's not Pittsburgh's fault if they messed up and screwed them over. All of my team's hard work was for naught, zip, nothing. All because of a DAMN ERROR.

You also have to consider the fact Chargers had to work hard too,an error worked for their favor in this game.

You also have to consider the fact Chargers had to work hard too,an error worked for their favor in this game.

Yeah, an error THEY caused. Read what I said above. I analyzed the play, and they most likely caused Succop to miss. There are reasons for the rules on the number of guys a team can have on the field and different sides of the field during plays.

The Steelers never pulled any such stunts at all (aside from Tomlin's mishap in the Ravens game, but that became irrelevant because they lost anyway), yet still worked hard.

So far, all my folks agree with me that the Steelers were robbed unfairly.

Edited by Anacybele

It's a pretty obscure rule that wasn't assessed until after the fact, as well. Besides, every team gets screwed by bad calls in every game, so stop the whining

The Steelers never pulled any such stunts at all (aside from Tomlin's mishap in the Ravens game, but that became irrelevant because they lost anyway), yet still worked hard.

Tons of holding calls in the first Ravens-Steelers games that weren't called. ok

Every 8-8 team worked pretty hard to make sure they got into the playoffs...? It was Pittsburgh's fault when they got to a point where they didn't control their own destiny btw Edited by Lord Raven

It could be the Eagles curse.Since in the last 4 seasons.If you go against the Eagles in their first home game,you'll win the Super Bowl.I hope this applies for Chargers.That could be why the mishap happend xD. But let's get serious. The Steelers had to rely on this loss to make it while the Chargers they had to win to obtain the 6th seat.Steelers need to rely on a loss. :P If Chargers lost we wouldn't be disappointed since the AFC West gave Chargers a less likely chance to make it to the Playoffs.So at least they got a break.AFC West had the competition of Broncos and Chiefs.Anyways Rivers is one of the best Quarterbacks this season,so it'll be sad to see them go away.

Not to be rude or anything but the chargers had a better record. So guess what the chargers earned the spot. They worked just as hard to make it as the steelers plain and simple. At the end the day it's the better record who makes it. If anybody should be complaining its cardinal fans. They had a good season from beginning to end and didn't make it.

It was the right no call. Succop was guaranteed to have made. And calls like that don't need to be made. If not for that article nobody would've known it was a rule nobody would've cared. And for the love of god it wasn't cheating. I doubt they even knew the rule.

And as a final note You don't deserve a spot. You earn it. Plain and simple. Chargers earned it.

It's a pretty obscure rule that wasn't assessed until after the fact, as well. Besides, every team gets screwed by bad calls in every game, so stop the whining

But not every team gets screwed out of a playoff spot because of a missed call. If this were the Ravens in the Steelers' position, I bet you'd be just as angry as I am.

And yes, Cardinals fans should be unhappy too, I'm not denying that.

And since you guys still don't seem to get it, I'm glad I made this image showing exactly what happened in this play and why Succop should've had another shot at the FG attempt which he likely would have made.

KCFGanalysis_zps1203aa74.png

See how the seven Charger guys create a wide range of blocking risk? Succop was forced to kick into a tiny margin of safe space, resulting in the missed FG. And illegal formation is not an obscure or unimportant rule. It's a penalty that results in a loss of five yards, which the Chargers should have been given.

Anything the Steelers did in their season before this isn't relevant at this point. The Chiefs should've had another shot at the FG, giving the Steelers another chance to make the playoffs.

The Chargers cheated. They didn't earn that playoff spot, they cheated to get it. At the last second, sure, but they still cheated.

But not every team gets screwed out of a playoff spot because of a missed call. If this were the Ravens in the Steelers' position, I bet you'd be just as angry as I am.

And since you guys still don't seem to get it, I'm glad I made this image showing exactly what happened in this play and why Succop should've had another shot at the FG attempt which he likely would have made.

See how the seven Charger guys create a wide range of blocking risk? Succop was forced to kick into a tiny margin of safe space, resulting in the missed FG. And illegal formation is not an obscure or unimportant rule. It's a penalty that results in a loss of five yards, which the Chargers should have been given.

Anything the Steelers did in their season before this isn't relevant at this point. The Chiefs should've had another shot at the FG, giving the Steelers another chance to make the playoffs.

The Chargers cheated. They didn't earn that playoff spot, they cheated to get it. At the last second, sure, but they still cheated.

I think everybody saw the picture.It was Kansas' fault for not challenging the illegal play.And as I said,Chargers had a tough season.The 2 top teams of the AFC are in their division.This gave them the chance they needed.Everybody would be mad about it if it happend to their team.But you shouldn't say the team did not deserve the win.

Edit: 1337 lol Leet post

Edited by Jiac2001

Anna the chargers earned it. They had a better record. It is a pointless rule that shouldn't of been in this year, like all the other stupid rules they made this year. And guess what. Everything the steelers to this point that counts just as much as what the chargers did.

And for the love of Christ stop saying its cheating. Cheating was bounty gate or spy gate. It was a foul. Big differences. One is illegal and immoral, giving an unfair competive advantage over a large period of time. The other is a momentary infringement of the rules. They happen a hundred times a week.

And as an extra try actually counting the charger on the right side of the picture. There's eight of them not seven.

So the Chiefs are to blame for the Chargers' mistake? Yeah, no. But whatever. I don't wish to keep arguing about this, as it's pointless and won't change anything.

EDIT: I wasn't counting the guy standing behind the line of seven guys. But counting him, there are eight, yes.

Edited by Anacybele

So the Chiefs are to blame for the Chargers' mistake? Yeah, no. But whatever. I don't wish to keep arguing about this, as it's pointless and won't change anything.

EDIT: I wasn't counting the guy standing behind the line of seven guys. But counting him, there are eight, yes.

Before we stop this.The Charger are not to blame either.It was 8 seconds in the game clock.They were too pressured to get everything coordinated,causing this mishap.In the situation where there is a team in Field Goal range and it's a life or death situation for you.What are you supposed to do?Be exactly coordinated and calm.Make sure everyone is in line before the play?It's clear Succop was also pressured as he probably could make the kick but 8 seconds on the clock and this kick could determine a win for you that you really want.

Okay, fine, but if making sure people were following the rules at this point wasn't important, why did the NFL admit to the error? Surely they must think they should've made the right call.

It did, though. Constant holding on our OLBs and DEs preventing the various sacks on Roethlisberger in the first game. Tomlin's thing almost cost us a second game. Missed PIs on the Patriots and bullshit PIs in favor of the Patriots cost us another game.

And for the love of Christ stop saying its cheating. Cheating was bounty gate or spy gate. It was a foul. Big differences. One is illegal and immoral, giving an unfair competive advantage over a large period of time. The other is a momentary infringement of the rules. They happen a hundred times a week.

Neither of those were cheating but I'm not getting into that

Okay, fine, but if making sure people were following the rules at this point wasn't important, why did the NFL admit to the error? Surely they must think they should've made the right call.

They probably didn't know there was a call to be made! It was easy to make the no call because it's definitely not a rule many remember because it's not broken often. Illegal formations often don't exist on the defensive side of the ball, for the record. Notice how a ton of Special Teams rules only come to light when the rule is broken for the first time in ages as well. I don't even think you knew it was a rule when you first saw it which goes to show that it was indeed an obscure rule to begin with

I think everybody saw the picture.It was Kansas' fault for not challenging the illegal play.And as I said,Chargers had a tough season.The 2 top teams of the AFC are in their division.This gave them the chance they needed.Everybody would be mad about it if it happend to their team.But you shouldn't say the team did not deserve the win.

Edit: 1337 lol Leet post

You can't challenge after the 2 minute warning

EDIT: And now let's remind ourselves that the Chargers themselves got fucked by a bullshit call against the Texans early on in the season. So they should've been 10-6 instead of 9-7 now, and in fact they'd be 9-7 anyway (and the Texans 1-15... oh god) if this were called correctly. So Ana, stop your whining

Edited by Lord Raven

I'm not whining. But whatever, I don't really care anymore. Like I said, it's not like it'll change anything at this point.

Actually, I did know about the illegal formation rules. Because I've seen them broken several times before. I just didn't notice the Chargers' error at first because my mind was too busy watching Succop and hoping he'd make the FG.

Edited by Anacybele

So who do you think will win the Super Bowl? Although I vote for Chargers,I think Kansas or Broncos (leaning towards Kansas) will win this year (ironically >.>)

There was a point yesterday where the Cowboys had 25 seconds to make a playcall as opposed to 40

And that reminds me that there was some controversy with the clock in the Packers-Steelers game

They probably didn't know there was a call to be made! It was easy to make the no call because it's definitely not a rule many remember because it's not broken often. Illegal formations often don't exist on the defensive side of the ball, for the record. Notice how a ton of Special Teams rules only come to light when the rule is broken for the first time in ages as well. I don't even think you knew it was a rule when you first saw it which goes to show that it was indeed an obscure rule to begin with

For the record, the rule was (apparently, if I'm reading Ana's article right) added this year. Also, I believe illegal formation on the defense can only happen on special teams plays for either this or lining up over the center. Both added recently for safety reasons. Beyond that it is impossible for the defense to have an illegal formation.

It makes sense. When that jumping over the center rule was called in the Jets-Pats game it was because Rex Ryan told the refs to keep a lookout for it, another newly added rule for player safety.

Edited by Lord Raven