Why did you marry [insertunithere?]  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you marry [insertunithere?]

• I really liked their support conversations
    • I wanted to have a powerful child
    • I liked the confession artwork
    • I didn't marry
    • Other

The title says it all, why did you choose who you ended up marrying in the game? Some people marry to have overpowered children, others marry because of the support conversations. I'm curious as to why you guys married a certain unit.

Edited by Witeldram

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lissa, solely because Owain is hilarious and deserves to be overpowered

i'm thinking in a future run i may do Sumia for the same reason re Cynthia, or Aversa for the sake of shadowgift abuse

I think most of MU's convos are godawful so certainly not that

I just S rank my favourite characters and skip over the supports

Or make 48 strength Paladin Lucina happen/Chrom sure is convenient due to availability

Either one

File 1: Chrom because story (surprise surprise) though I did think the supports were funny.

File 2: Lon'qu because I thought I would like his supports. They were pretty eh, but he's not bad. Great confession, though.

File 3: Not married yet, but my two main choices are Frederick and Gaius. Frederick because I have a weakness for knightly types and Gaius because he's hilarious and awesome. Libra might have a chance though because he's just so nice and I can look past his feminine appearance considering I've seen MUCH more feminine males in Japanese media before.

on a lunatic file i always marry chrom so lucina becomes a wrecking ball

on a hard mode i just marry whoever (fyi my mu is generally female just because)

I liked Lucina before NA release, and was dead set on marrying her to begin with, even if the resultant Morgan was not godly-- and they have some pretty cute support. I stick to it because turns out, no, Aether easily makes up for the lack of raw stats, and storywise it just makes sense (Everclear, SoC, Everclear.) My offshoots have been for various reasons, some gameplay wise, and at least one was to get a look at what some crackheads were blabbering aboot.

I married Gaius because he is funny, he can use bows as an assasin, he looks cool as a dread fighter... ok this doesn't count, everyone looks cool as a DF...

No seriously, I choose him because I found him funny, and all his love for candies is a reason too, even if I'm not fond of candies, I like that part of him :P: , so it was more for his personality, and actually, I don't like his supports with the Avatar lol, I feel like if his confession come from no where... Mostly because his supports are the same for both Male and Female avatar Lol

What I have done outside supports milking:

Tiki - I had a Manakete boner at the time

Lissa - The worst character in the gameteam need a husband who does not need a help

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Frederick for lots of reasons. :3

1. I really like the idea of the one person not to trust the Avatar so quickly in the beginning ending up being the one to fall for her and marry her.

2. I loved Frederick's support with the Female Avatar (though I would've made one little addition to the S support).

3. Female Avatar calls him Freddy Bear, which is adorable as hell.

4. I was charmed as hell by Frederick's confession.

5. I love him so much he's my favorite character in the game and one of my favorite characters in the whole series. <3

6. Male Morgan looks AWESOME with dark brown hair and comes in as a Cavalier and potential Great Knight. :D

Bonus: Frederick is sexy hot.

Edited by Anacybele

you know I /might/ s rank Libra sometimes simply 'cuz he has really fucking fabulous hair

hair that rivals the gods

:B

My first Avatar, Visenya, married Virion because Virion.

My second avatar, Jon, married Tharja because dat Noire. Yay Galeforce Noire.

Arya married Chrom because i wanted to do that pairing for the gameplay reasons.

Rhaegar married Aversa because Shadowgift and fuck yeah.

Aegon married Sumia because of dat Cynthia and why the fuck not.

Elaena married Henry because i wanted to see his confession scene.

Sabriel married Libra because i always intended for Libra to be a husbando but didnt get around to doing it until that particular run.

Sameth (latest run) married Nowi because i wanted to try Manakete Morgs and because of badass Nah shenanigans.

Edited by Florina Stark

I don't care too much for supports, a lot of My Unit's supports are rather "meh". oAo I went for those I like visually.

My first My Unit, Maeve, married Ricken. It shouldn't be a secret that I'll be a dirty old woman someday, and Maeve is a build-3 My Unit. 8U

Second file married Henry, again for the age-difference. Aingeal is another Build-3 My Unit.

Third file, my Lunatic one, is a Build 2 My Unit named Jake, who is married to Anna. Nothing could be better.

I first wanted to marry Lucina for Aether and I kinda liked her, but then I decided I wanted double uber manaketes and married Nowi. I ended up finding the conversations kinda funny, but it was mainly for the double manaketes.