Future Past DLC

PKL

...has a better story than the maingame >_>. Am I the only one that would like the game a lot more if Future Past happened for real instead of the silly Valm arc and whatever other stuff happens in the game?

Edited by PKL

Correction

"if Future Past happened for real instead of the whatever other stuff after chapter 11 that happens in the game?"

And the answer is no, your not alone on this one

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

You're not the only one. If the entire Future Past/Future of Despair pack were an actual game instead of DLC, it'd definitely be my favorite FE by far. The story roped me in more than the main story ever did. Not to mention the ending. The ending was pretty awesome.

Future Past should've been part 2 of the game, at least. I wouldn't mind only using the 12 kids.

EDIT: And maybe Tiki.

Edited by Zeem

Correction

"if Future Past happened for real instead of the whatever other stuff after chapter 11 that happens in the game?"

And the answer is no, your not alone on this one

But then Cherche wouldnt exist! Unacceptaburu :P

You're not the only one. If the entire Future Past/Future of Despair pack were an actual game instead of DLC, it'd definitely be my favorite FE by far. The story roped me in more than the main story ever did. Not to mention the ending. The ending was pretty awesome.

Future Past should've been part 2 of the game, at least. I wouldn't mind only using the 12 kids.

Yeah. The ending was awesome <3. The ending even had unique Lucina CGs and stuff. It felt like it shouldve been part of the game and not DLC.

I agree that the Future Past DLC had a better story than the main plot, and I do wish it was part of the main story.

Glad to know Im not the only one :D

... Or the Future Past could have been a sidestory game like FE 5 instead of just three episodes. After all, The Future past isn't Lucina's timeline, but something extremely similar and I really wanted to see every detail of Lucina's apocalyptic future, starting from the point where Chrom dies, to when she decides to leave her time to aid Chrom of the present, instead of just a glimpse of what it was like

The cast would've been small, but I wouldn't see how anymore characters other than the 12 kids and Tiki would be incorporated.

There would be side characters that would die in specific parts of the story.

I did not cry for either of the endings in the main game.

I bawled when I got to the end of Future Past.

Future Past wrapped up better, was told better, and had a greater sense of loss. It made it feel like the characters had gone through more, and that the ending was more "deserved," if that makes sense.

but Tiki gets "killed" in the end of the first map

so does she disappear until the end like FE4 Julia or something

Future Past made me well up, even the conversations between parents and children, and especially the ending.

I agree that Future Past was much better than the main game, but I don't think it would work in the main game or as its own game. There's not really anywhere it would reasonably fit in the main game, plus the whole thing is pretty reliant on your main game units. As its own game I feel like there isn't enough to happen to fill an entire game and it would end up feeling stretched out too much. Plus, unless you got rid of it entirely, how would the whole other-selves-from-another-universe thing even work?

It would be Future Past, but I do think another game showing the kids' original universe before the time travel would be quite interesting. How it would end is the problem.

I agree that Future Past was much better than the main game, but I don't think it would work in the main game or as its own game. There's not really anywhere it would reasonably fit in the main game, plus the whole thing is pretty reliant on your main game units. As its own game I feel like there isn't enough to happen to fill an entire game and it would end up feeling stretched out too much. Plus, unless you got rid of it entirely, how would the whole other-selves-from-another-universe thing even work?

It would be Future Past, but I do think another game showing the kids' original universe before the time travel would be quite interesting. How it would end is the problem.

You've a good point there. Without a solid pairing of the parents, the idea is too vague to be set on its own, but I have an idea on how it can end. The final chapter would be all of the children on the map, making their way to the Outrealm Gate with Risen getting in their way and an even larger Risen army, led by Grima, on the pursuit and you succeed by having Lucina make it through to the gate and get a better ranking by having all of the children make it out. (I feel like if The Future Past was more like the BS chapters from FE 3 and 12, it could work out better than a whole other story). It sounds a little cliche towards the fourth BS chapter with Camus and Nyna but it could still work right?

Edited by HeroKingMarth

It could be a prequel to Awakening, taking place before Ch.1 of FE13, where Lucina goes into the past once she realized that she needs to go back in time to change her destiny.

I did not cry for either of the endings in the main game.

I bawled when I got to the end of Future Past.

Future Past wrapped up better, was told better, and had a greater sense of loss. It made it feel like the characters had gone through more, and that the ending was more "deserved," if that makes sense.

Same. I have to play that DLC in my room so no one sees me crying.

It could be a prequel to Awakening, taking place before Ch.1 of FE13, where Lucina goes into the past once she realized that she needs to go back in time to change her destiny.

Right!

This. And since they are no longer under an ultimatum from Nintendo they can take their time and carefully develop the whole story, not to mention they could incorporate a save transfer feature like FE10 but much more complete and rewarding (as in, the parents of the children are actually referenced and said references are parent-specific instead of generic).

(as in, the parents of the children are actually referenced and said references are parent-specific instead of generic).

Can you imagine how freaking hell of it will be to code that? Future of Despair only incorporated specific father conversations because it was ONE instance. One check.

If they coded spouse/children checks in the story for let's say... Lucina's "I'm going to kill you to save Father" scene for specific dialogue... that ALONE would have been hell. Imagine those checks for multiple points in the story in the prequel.

Edited by shadowofchaos

It doesn't really need that many references, one flashback for each child would be enough for me (and that would hardly mean more work than Future Past, flashback doesn't trigger without transfer or becomes generic to avoid ragefests over canon, Sumia/Chrom was enough). And really just because it's hard doesn't mean that they shouldn't do it, I'm also assuming they use the same engine with some improvements (like on the GBA games) so that already leaves a ton of work done for them.

Edited by Jackos