2. 2. Rexcaliber (Wind)

• Soren
    • Bastian
  3. 3. Rexaura (Light)

• Micaiah
    • Laura
    • Rhys
    • Oliver

I need a bunch of opinions on what SS tomes go well with what magic user (including Sanaki and Micaiah), considering they all are at 20/20/20. Note I excluded the SS Thunder and Dark tome, because only one person wield those respectively.

EDIT: Removed Sanaki, I'm really set on her using Cymbeline.

Edited by Knife

I need a bunch of opinions on what SS tomes go well with what magic user (including Sanaki and Micaiah), considering they all are at 20/20/20. Note I excluded the SS Thunder and Dark tome, because only one person wield those respectively.

Well.... Since they can only get one SS rank, it seems obvious.... but...

Sanaki: Cymbeline

Micaiah: Rexaura

Soren: Rexcalibur

Bastian: something else

Tormod/Calill: Rexflame

EDIT: Disregard the first statement. I didn't see the poll.

Edited by Fox

Sanaki: Automatically wins cause you have to take her.

Micaiah: Automatically wins for the same reason.

Soren: Automatically wins cause Bastian is a f***ing doucher.

But I have to take all of them on the list anyway, since I'm doing a mage only playthrough.

Well I did a mage playthrough once and this is what I gave to each magic wielder:

Laura: Valaura

Rhys: Nosferatu

Calill: Rexflame

Illyanna: Rexbolt

Pellas: Balberith

Bastian: Tornado

Tormod: Bolganone

If you haven't started, I suggest you play on easy mode, on Normal mode you won't have the time to level up all the characters, before the final chapters. You will need to give some of your characters Paragon especially Micaiah, Tormod and Laura. You will have a difficult time defeating Ashera with just your Mages, as they won't be able to inflict much damage to her due to her high resistence aganist magic.

I did not recruit Oliver because I hate him!

Edited by Dark Sage

Heh heh...

But seriously, I haven't done a mage playthrough. I guess I simply don't like all of the mages and prefer to level up other characters instead.

For example, I don't like Laura, Calill or Tormond.

Pelleas, Sanaki and Bastian are quite ok.

Then comes Rhys and Micaiah.

Soren and Ilyana are my favorites.

Especially Ilyana, since she's the character who you can use for most chapters, isn't she?

Heh heh...

But seriously, I haven't done a mage playthrough. I guess I simply don't like all of the mages and prefer to level up other characters instead.

For example, I don't like Laura, Calill or Tormond.

Pelleas, Sanaki and Bastian are quite ok.

Then comes Rhys and Micaiah.

Soren and Ilyana are my favorites.

Especially Ilyana, since she's the character who you can use for most chapters, isn't she?

Pretty much, although Soren has a better lead on her. And I am currently doing this mode on Normal.

Sanaki because of ther Magic growth

Soren.... dude, he's soren

Micaiah because of ther magic growth and you have to use her anyway

Sanaki: Rexflame > If don't want to waste a space with Calill, give it to Sanaki. Just place Ena near her and you get an Awsome thing.

Great Caps, Pws everything in sight...

Bastian sucks... give to Soren :\

But I have to take all of them on the list anyway, since I'm doing a mage only playthrough.

Ah! In that case:

Calill: Rexflame

Tormod: Meteor

Bastian: Blizzard

Micaiah: Thani

Rhys: Rexaura

Laura: Nosferatu

Oliver: Purge

Not to mention awful strength that causes heavy tomes to weigh her down (though Easy mode's +5 stat boost from blessings should fix that).

Too bad I'm not on Easy, but I think she's much better with Cymbeline. The real choice I need to make is between Tormod and Calill.

Too bad I'm not on Easy, but I think she's much better with Cymbeline. The real choice I need to make is between Tormod and Calill.

Calill should be given Rexflame. She will be there long enough for you to raise her fire magic up to SS rank.

Alright, I just finished my Magic only playthrough on Normal.

Calill - She ended up getting Rexflame. She was one of the few who could double in the last two chapters, due to her Rexflame.

Tormod - I gave him a forged Fire tome with 12 MT (only 2 away from Rexflame). Otherwise, he was a pretty average unit.

Ilyana - She was crucial to the battle against Dheginsea. Her Rexbolt did 29 damage to Dheginsea each attack, but she wasn't fast enough to double, even at her Speed and Strength cap. So I used Reyson to constantly sing Galdr to her until he was defeated.

Soren - I gave him Rexcalibur. He did take off a chunk of the enemy's HP each attack, but never seemed to double at all.

Bastian - I gave him a Bolting. You can't imagine how useful it is on the Dragon chapter. He killed every dragon in one battle. He also did 10 damage to Dheginsea with Bolting, which helped Ilyana a bit.

Laura - I gave her a forged Light tome with 9 MT. She was my speediest Saint, she had a really good dodge. She didn't do that much damage, but she was great healing support.

Rhys - I gave him a Purge. Rhys was easily my worst unit, he had bad defense, attack, dodge, and speed. The only redeeming things about him is his high Res and Skill. He didn't contribute much in Endgame.

Oliver - I gave him a Nosferatu. He was close to Rhys in suckyness, but at he had better defenses. He was made a healer.

Micaiah - I spent most of Endgame one trying to get her up to 20/20/20. Needless to say, she was given Rexaura. Too bad she wields the weakest magic type, or she'd kick more ass. Useful on the chapter where you fight Lehran.

Sanaki - Gave her Cymbeline. One of the worst defenses on my team, but she had amazing magic power.

Mist - I gave her the Alondite. But with her low strength, she still wasn't much use offensively. She got killed by one of Ashera's AoD attacks.

Pelleas - I gave him Balberith. He was useful on the first 3 chapters, but when Magic users started coming around, he could barely hit.

Nasir - He's technically a magic user, right? He was also the best one out of all of them, even with just his S rank Strike. He helped take Ashera down by a lot, since she had 50 res, she was almost impossible to dent. And she recovered 52 HP each round. I needed him.

Lehran - He comes in with a very useful staff. Ashera's AoD moves hurt a lot to everyone, so he would heal every single one.

Edited by Knife

Cool sounds as though you did better than me. I did not manage to recruit Lehran. I found defeating Ashera very difficult. How many turns did it take for you to defeat Ashera and did you manage to level up all your magic wielders to level 20?

Edited by Dark Sage

Cool sounds as though you did better than me. I did not manage to recruit Lehran. I found defeating Ashera very difficult. How many turns did it take for you to defeat Ashera and did you manage to level up all your magic wielders to level 20?

Ashera took me about 7 turns to finish. I hate those stupid spirits, they only waste time. They don't end up doing much damage anyway. On my team, Mist had the lowest Res, so like 8 of them attacked Mist and did a total of 24 damage. Then Ashera uses her Strike AoD attack and finished her off.

As for leveling up all the magic users to 20/20/20, that was easy. I did that before entering endgame. Paragon helps a lot.

Ashera took me about 7 turns to finish. I hate those stupid spirits, they only waste time. They don't end up doing much damage anyway. On my team, Mist had the lowest Res, so like 8 of them attacked Mist and did a total of 24 damage. Then Ashera uses her Strike AoD attack and finished her off.

As for leveling up all the magic users to 20/20/20, that was easy. I did that before entering endgame. Paragon helps a lot.

The spirits never did much of anything. I am going to try my next Mage playthrough on Hard mode, I would like to see how things turn out.

The spirits never did much of anything. I am going to try my next Mage playthrough on Hard mode, I would like to see how things turn out.

Wow... I can barely beat Hard mode on a regular playthrough... Good luck with that.