USB Game Controllers,

cyron

Anyone have suggestions as to good usb controllers, preferable cheap ones. I want something fairly multi purpose, that i can use for anything from gba emulation to Neverwinter.

edit: My 2 computers use windows xp and windows 7 respectively

Edited by Cyron

I've used an adapter that lets me hook a PS2 controller into my computer's USB port for years. Playstation controllers have a fairly standard button setup that works well with most games. The button layout is somewhat awkward to use for Genesis emulation at first, but it gets easier once you get used to it. Not to mention the adapters themselves are usually inexpensive, making it a great budget item if you already have a PS2 controller.

Edited by Charlie

You can use an Xbox 360 or PS3 or Wii Motes on your computer if you want. I think the 360 controller has to be wired though. You can't use the USB charge cable. For the PS3, you'll have to download the device drivers and a program that will connect it to your PC (I think its called MotionJoy). Wii Motes require Bluetooth.

I use adapters to use my PS2 controllers on my comp [PS3, 360 controllers work well as well] Gamecube adapters or other such ones would probably be easy to find and cheap as well.

Just use a wired 360 controller. No external shit needed and it's the most simple standardized pad setup most games function on.

This. The 360 pad is standardized for if you get into PC gaming and it's more reliable than the cheaper third-party alternatives.

360 controller's the best, but I really don't like the feel of it in general. If you do, though, snatch it up.

I've got one of the fancy Logitech F310s and I've yet to run into a controller-preferred game that didn't support it, though.