Midir

PKL

i tried to pair midir and noish my first run truestory

i personally think he's roughly as good as alec since his offence with the killer bow (if he gets it) is pretty much second to Sigurd only, and fe4 ai sucks and can be tricked into him not getting attacked

no, its just awful, 1-2 range enemies attack archers from two range, and given the choice of midir or ardan, half of the time the ai will go for ardan for no particular reason

it just doesn't make any sense.

I always call Midayle a she. His face sprite looks too feminine, even though it's likely entirely unintentional.

I thought he was a girl as well when I started the game. I remember laughing a little when I heard that extremely manly sounding death cry when he's defeated in the prologue.

Diadora silences the ch1 dark mage and the ch2 sleep bishop, that's far more useful than whatever the hell Ardan's doing.

She on the other hand does not get you a shiny Pursuit Ring like a certain Armor does. :P

I'm one of the people who babies Diadora to lvl 30. Only time I've used Arden was in a hack. I was just curious what people thought between the two.

Edited by Guy Starwind

I'll give you my opinion of Ardan when I can get him close enough to enemies. Midir is hot, and on a horse, AND can snipe, all of which I like.

Midir's on a horse so he can snipe enemies from afar and retreat afterwards. That's more than what other bow-users can say.

IMO Alec is worse. Sure he can double, but even with doubling he's doing the same damage as Noish can with a single strike. Plus he's pretty brittle.

Although that might just be personal experience.

Midir's on a horse so he can snipe enemies from afar and retreat afterwards. That's more than what other bow-users can say.

IMO Alec is worse. Sure he can double, but even with doubling he's doing the same damage as Noish can with a single strike. Plus he's pretty brittle.

Although that might just be personal experience.

Comparing Alec to Noish, I'd say Alec is better, and I'd probably put both over Midayle. In the prologue, he has 15 attack so typically deals about 9*2 damage. Noish has 22 attack so typically deals 13 damage, with about a 1/3 chance of charge or critting, if he's at max HP. I'd say Alec's got the slight offensive edge. Alec has higher avoid than Noish and both are 3HKO'd, so he's more durable there.

Past the prologue, there's pretty much no reason not to give Sigurd's steel sword to Alec, which brings his damage up to only a litte less per strike than Noish (2-4 points depending on level) but of course he's doubling everything, Noish doubles nothing and has to rely on procs. I'd say Alec > Noish in general.

Also having looked over past tier lists, Midayle's position seems to vary quite a lot, so it's kind of hard to put his position accurately. I'd say he's probably middling of gen 1 characters. Bow lock hurts a lot less in this game because of an emphasis on player phase, and having a horse and pursuit is good.

Edited by Tables