Do you think Marth will keep his Japanese voice?

IceBrand

I've been wondering about this, since Shadow Dragon was localized Marth could get an English voice in Smash Bros. now. But, I kinda like how he speaks Japanese, it seems somehow...traditional. Since he's spoken it in all the Smash Bros. games he's been in so far. I'd be fine with either (English or Japanese), I suppose.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, July 14, 2013 - Double
Hidden by Florete, July 14, 2013 - Double

I've been wondering about this, since Shadow Dragon was localized Marth could get an English voice in Smash Bros. now. But, I kinda like how he speaks Japanese, it seems somehow...traditional. Since he's spoken it in all the Smash Bros. games he's been in so far. I'd be fine with either (English or Japanese), I suppose.

I guess that I want Marth to loose his Japanese voice as badly as I want Captain Falcon to be more faithful towards his actual F-Zero incarnation.

What I am saying is, after all these years, it just wouldn't be the same without it... well, that and his quotes kinda suck if you can actually understand them.

Edited by BrightBow

that would be.. strange. If it was Masked Marth somehow I'd be okay with it (Chrom's Final Smash could involve M. Marth) But I sort of feel like tradition needs regular Marth to be Japanese.

Based on how much aesthetics and moves of characters are being changed for SSB4 (Samus for aesthetics, Pit for moves, and Bowser for both come to mind), I'm thinking Marth will be subject to drastic aesthetics changes as well. He'll probably have his FE12 design (which is the most recent design and canon unlike FE13) and his voice will probably be changed to English, now that FE11 was released internationally.

I don't see them changing it now. 2 Games already. I just don't see them doing that, people would be upset with them if they did change his voice to English even if it was amazing.

I honestly would prefer he kept his japanese voice, but if they add "Masked Marth", then he should have an english voice. Plus, who would they get to voice him in english? They could get Spike Spencer, since I seem to remember reading that he did a voice for Awakening, but other than that, Marth's never had an english voice...

I don't see them changing it now. 2 Games already. I just don't see them doing that, people would be upset with them if they did change his voice to English even if it was amazin

Perhaps, but what if he still had the same voice actor but in English? I'm not sure if that's even possible but the voice he has now really suits him, from being used in two games so far and anything different would change everyone's image of him.

I don't see them changing it now. 2 Games already. I just don't see them doing that, people would be upset with them if they did change his voice to English even if it was amazing.

as much as i enjoyed the attention to detail of marth only speaking japanese, AND Marth having his own design unique to the smash bros series, i doubt either will stay.

Should be voiced again by Spike Spencer but giving him an Excellus esque laugh this time around.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if keeps his Japanese voice. I'm kinda used to it, and it's Hikaru Midorikawa's, makes for an amusing image to imagine Marth in the Wing Zero or Cybuster, but if he does gain an English voice, well, that'd be that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

and it's Hikaru Midorikawa's, makes for an amusing image to imagine Marth in the Wing Zero or Cybuster

Chrom is voiced by Sugita.

Chamber from Gargantia is voiced (yes, the robot) by Sugita.

GIANT ROBOT FIGHT (if Chrom is in Smash instead of Ike... probably will be... but I'm not discounting the possibility that he's not in there.)