Toonami Mafia: Game Over

Elieson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also Bard, it's likely that Xinnidy was doing a reaction test that failed epically due to her not reading the thread and seeing that you claimed cop already.

Why did you need to say this for her ?_?

Why did you need to say this for her ?_?

Like MoTK Mafia, I see Serenes Forest also prefers to defend unknown-alignment players.

Did you consider for a moment I might be reaction-checking her, and that by answering for another whose alignment you aren't sure of you are simply safeguarding them?

Except it's a global block. Only Scum and Third Parties would be blocked in the case of Town!Manix, which seems completely overpowering. Night is, after all, Mafia's time and the moment they can directly influence who dies, unlike the Day Phase where they have to herd townies.

##Unvote

##Vote: Xin'Dy

Not reading N0.

Claiming to have scanned SK.

Seems legit enough for Early Day 1.

##Vote: Bard

is this a counterclaim? If it isn't, then you're scum for trying to lynch the cop with an anti-town result, assuming xin'dy isn't RVS bullshitting us.

The safest action for that would be lynching SB to try and contirm Xin'Dy.

you're scum for trying to lynch the cop with an anti-town result

NekoRex please read this line it is my response to you.

We've solved Day 1 guys, NekoRex is scum with Manix.

Because I think reaction tests are dumb, especially when someone clearly hasn't been reading the thread and still tries to do one. Because all it does is cause confusion and mixed up reads. (This is talking about both Bard's and Xinnidy's)

Neko: Read the thread. Check when Bard claimed to have scanned someone, then see when Xin claimed.

Because I think reaction tests are dumb, especially when someone clearly hasn't been reading the thread and still tries to do one. Because all it does is cause confusion and mixed up reads.

Did you consider other people might get their reads in that way, and that by directly interfering with it you are hampering someone's attempt to scumhunt, which is pro-Scum?

Did you consider other people might get their reads in that way, and that by directly interfering with it you are hampering someone's attempt to scumhunt, which is pro-Scum?

Over and over I see people do either scummy things or place votes poorly and call them reaction tests. I see people do dumb things and call them reaction tests. And then nothing ever comes of them except people getting mixed up reads, people getting upset, confusion happening, and people excusing scummy things as reaction tests. I think they're dumb.

scorri playing the "I give up" card is bad and scummy btw

Why? I looked at this argument, realized where it was going to go with my current mental state (read: into an argument between FMPOV two townies) and decided that going away was better for everyone. But even if I had just decided to stop talking about something, why is it scummy? Just saying something is bad and scummy and not explaining it doesn't help anything.

Guys have you not considered the fact that Xinny might be joking around?

even disregarding the fact I know it for certain people have faked cop reports before, this is just kind of being silly really.

##Unvote

##Vote: NekoRex

Even if he missed Bard, he seemed really certain that Xinny was the cop and that strikes me as suspect.

ok yeah manix is scum then. lol manix

Since we can't lynch him today though I am gonna ##Unvote and ED1 STRONG ##Vote: Snike for snarking about me and Manix attacking eachother but not actually commenting on it.

ok

I didn't really see the argument at that point in time (Miller not appearing on rolecop scan is just like godfather not appearing on rolecop scan, FME), also wasn't expecting n0 to be srs bsns. Those are my honest thoughts.

Also I'm kind of skeptical of believing Bard in the sense that he's claiming a cop scan on a kidnapped person. Which means I guess we're not seeing an actual counter-argument.

Incidentally, though, Bard, can you paraphrase the role ability? Like the "At night", and all.

Over and over I see people do either scummy things or place votes poorly and call them reaction tests. I see people do dumb things and call them reaction tests. And then nothing ever comes of them except people getting mixed up reads, people getting upset, confusion happening, and people excusing scummy things as reaction tests. I think they're dumb.

That doesn't answer the question. Did you consider that some might find it both helpful and useful, and that making it so they cannot do so is pro-Scum since it hinders scumhunting for those people? Regardless of your experiences, I am not from around here and I have seen reaction-checking providing positive results for the scumhunt efforts.

I'd like you to cleanly answer yes or no to my question.

I didn't think that your vote on Xinidy was a reaction test until you said something. So no I hadn't thought about that possibility. I thought you were seriously voting her since she had basically CC'd you.

I tend to take cop claims seriously. On the other hand, I don't take fakeclaim reports well as it tends to put the target in a panic and out a role that might otherwise be better off hidden.

Of course, SB himself doesn't seem to be taking it seriously, which gives me the impression that fakeclaim reports tend to happen way too often for their own good.

Why? I looked at this argument, realized where it was going to go with my current mental state (read: into an argument between FMPOV two townies) and decided that going away was better for everyone. But even if I had just decided to stop talking about something, why is it scummy? Just saying something is bad and scummy and not explaining it doesn't help anything.

It kills discussion and makes you look like scum trying to force the topic to change to something else.

ok

I didn't really see the argument at that point in time (Miller not appearing on rolecop scan is just like godfather not appearing on rolecop scan, FME), also wasn't expecting n0 to be srs bsns. Those are my honest thoughts.

Also I'm kind of skeptical of believing Bard in the sense that he's claiming a cop scan on a kidnapped person. Which means I guess we're not seeing an actual counter-argument.

Incidentally, though, Bard, can you paraphrase the role ability? Like the "At night", and all.

Also I have a few priority questions about the kidnap, especially considering the 'derp' wrt ability to be dayvigged, but that might just be because a straight answer to how it was worded would confirm a role in the setup.

Yes, because clearly discussion was killed. /sarcasm

I didn't force a topic change at all. I was just taking myself out of the conversation. However, people didn't exactly let me do that, so I returned.

Then in the future, please do not answer for people other than yourself, unless you're Masons or Scum together. The former because you know a Mason is aligned with Town alongside you, the latter because it makes it easier for the rest of us to lynch you by associative linking.

Hindering other people's attempts at scumhunting─whether it be by a method you believe works or not is irrelevant─directly supports scum, especially when done at a stage where no direction is being taken and you yourself show no interest in advancing the gamestate. Saying, "Call me when RVS ends" is testament to this unwillingness to bring about the end of RVS yourself.

Ironically, you managed to actually end it! Be happy! My vote is not random.

Also I'm kind of skeptical of believing Bard in the sense that he's claiming a cop scan on a kidnapped person.

The FUN part is that Mafia will kill me tonight (or try their best to!), thus validating my claim and consigning Manix to explain the results of my Night Action. It's a fail-proof plan. Unless they choose not to kill me, in which case they run the risk of, y'know, me not being a one-shot and snapping a second one of 'em. It's a great game of gambles and odds, and the best game to be played in Mafia.

You don't need to believe me today. The truth of my words becomes evident tonight! But it's noted that you're trying to cast doubt on the claim.

I can't quote the mod's response, and @Mod: Will I be modkilled if I paraphrase the contents of the PM? What if my paraphrase comes too close to your actual words?

Well considering YOU were directly involved in the conversation, as a target of suspicion, "I give up", says to me that you can't make up a town-sounding response, and are therefore scum trying to avoid further questioning rather then be town about it.

this is the fault of the people making the so-called reaction tests, not reaction testing itself. reactions are basically necessary to find scum and pretty much every ED1 vote is going to be fishing for a reaction to kick off the game

##Unvote

##Vote: scorri

Don't see town explicitly going out of their way to deny the game interactions even if they didn't like reaction tests, then trying this hard to justify it when called out instead of going "whoops my b".

Snike, do you have any reads other than on the claimed cop?

Well considering YOU were directly involved in the conversation, as a target of suspicion, "I give up", says to me that you can't make up a town-sounding response, and are therefore scum trying to avoid further questioning rather then be town about it.

your vote is currently on: Bardiche