Lord of Azure Flame Final Chapter: Victory or Death

Phoenix

brown

Iris had accepted the vulnerary from Isotov, ears burning. The fact that it was honest concern rather than rubbing in her failures only made the bodyguard's shame more profound, but in her condition she could ill afford to turn down any source of healing. She almost wished she hadn't done her hair up in its customary bun, even, because maybe otherwise it could have fallen in front of her face and provided a little cover, but alas.

"Feels wrong for me to take this, but you're right, I could really use it. Just don't make me regret not letting you be at your peak condition, that's all I ask," the lieutenant told her charge as she helped him atop Drake and prepared for lift-off. The pair circled around a couple of times, looking for the best angle of approach, and spying something promising Frederikov had pulled them in for the assault. Unfortunately the opening she had seen was but mere ruse, and a heavy counterattack awaited them. Somehow Iris managed to properly interpose a barrier of flames before the hammer slash of pure force that was the embodiment the Lord's merciless judgement, but the recoil of her shattered spell did not treat her kindly. It wasn't until Isotov made a wry remark about having wished he'd had just a little more juice that she realized they hadn't even been fully successful, and what a sinking feeling that was. She coughed into her sleeve a few times, she was half-afraid to check for blood stains but mostly simply couldn't spare the time she needed to be focusing on flying proper and getting them clear before worse could befall. The fire sage did manage a response to her fellow practitioner, though, "I'd have given you what I could, if I could've," another cough interrupted her here, "But things weren't the easiest on my end here either, heh."

gold

The centaur sweeping past her, intent on her head, barely registered with Tessa. It was literally all she could do to keep flitting her attention from one comrade to the next, focusing on their condition and attempting to drive the surrounding environment from overwhelming her mind. It was a complete wonder she had been able to dodge at all, she was so tense, on-edge, and shaky. Well, actually, being wound up tighter than a drum was probably what had saved her, as she reacted subconsciously to the dangers before even being aware of them. Lord Bellmire was not so fortunate though, and needed assistance. She had to act.

Tessa activate Arcanium: Mag->6 Heals Beau for 8.

Edited by Balcerzak

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chase drew back and fired an arrow into the hellhound who attacked Raemond, killing it.

(2,6,2)= Autohit! 7(base) x 1.5= 10 +1(support)+ 6 (roll)= 17-2= 15 damage Hellhound A 0/15

The minotaur had recovered his weapon, but Tristan flew in, ready to strike the demon multiple times.

(4,3,5)= Hit! 12-3= 9 damage Minotaur A 12/21

(1,6,2)= Miss!

(1,2,4)= Hit! 11-3= 8 damage Minotaur A 4/21

Lt. Frederikov's top priority was getting the prince healed back to something resembling a healthy condition. She'd slightly regretted having already used up the vulnerary that Viveka had given them, for that very purpose no less, but had she not, Iris might have passed out herself, and sent Drake spiralling to a crash that would have left Isotov worse off than he was now. Perhaps not, but perhaps. Combat was always full of tricky calls, and there was no real time for second guessing, instead she quickly tried to recall the group's prominent healers and locate the nearest. She'd ostensibly been assigned on healer protection duty for the young female troubadour, Tessa she believed it was, though she doubted anyone would be surprised, or even care about her decision to abandon that and focus on aiding Isotov. From what she recalled of her talks with the nomad woman, the girl was supposed to be a pretty good kid with a rather strong attachment to the crimson thunder. With those as her guideposts, the lieutenant managed to home in roughly on the proper area of the battlefield, and alighted nearby. There seemed to be another staff user, a young fellow she didn't quite recall the name of, and some other injured party members around as well, but maybe somebody could spare them some time and energy.

"Little help here for the Crimson Fire, anyone," she called out, a bit uncomfortable with that form of address, but figuring it would maybe place her request with a bit higher priority. It couldn't hurt, the demons seemed to be able to sense him even without her words, anyway.

[[Apparently I was roadblocking things. It's just something to get things moving, I don't really have time for much else. If Iris actually had met/known Beau, I apologize, I'm really not in the best conditions these days.]]

Well, that was good news. Having someone around to protect him was always good. Beau figured staying near Raemond would therefore give him protection as well, just by proximity. ...But, then again, they were a little removed from any other source of aid. So, he called back up to the pegasus knight, "Raemond is unconscious. If you are able, take him somewhere safe, then return to me!"

Just then, the young duke felt something like a coolness soothing his stinging wounds, until they had all closed. Turning, he saw the source was actually Tessa...though, she didn't seem to be doing too well... Goodness, what has happened to her? She didn't appear injured, but she certainly wasn't herself. "Tessa, are you alright?"

Well, regardless of whether she was or not, from the sound of things, Isotov wasn't. Nearby, a wyvern rider landed, calling for aid. Beau gave a quick glance to Tessa. She wasn't about to do any healing in the state she was in. Hopefully the pegasus knight would pick up on this and protect her as well as Raemond while he, himself, hurried over to assist Isotov.

When he arrived, however, he found that the crimson fire user wasn't the only one in need of medical attention. "Good goddess, woman!" She was covered in burns and, quite frankly, stank from seared flesh and hair. After the short, initial shock, Beau shook his head resolutely and applied his healing to the both of them. Then, he scolded Iris, "I will not ignore something so gruesome. Do not hesitate to ask for what you need! Next time, inform the healer you talk to that you both need assistance if that is the case!" He was a little stressed.

Beau activates Healing Aura!

Beau heals Isotov and Iris for 9HP each!

Beau 12/12

Iris 15/18

Isotov 12/15

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was indeed fairly easy to recognize, and soon, Tas had taken out the special cure-all elixir he'd found in Nikita's saddlebag. This variant could either be applied to the wound directly or ingested. Tas wasn't entirely sure which would be the easier method, so he walked over to Nikita's head, showing her the bottled liquid. "Nikita, do you know what this is? It will help you feel better. If you open your mouth, I'll pour it in, and you can just drink it down. Otherwise, I'll have to apply it directly to your wounds."

Edited by Mercakete

Errands

(If Raemond is unconscious, how does he even expect me to move him onto Sunny? I might be able to get him off the ground but I doubt it. I also doubt there's any place that's even relatively safe here anymore,) Viveka thought to herself before descending on the monk. She winced at his fallen form before hurrying over and trying to pick him up off the ground. Just like she thought, coupled with the faintest of fatigue, the extra weight of her armor, and the unstable terrain, it took everything she had to get him onto her back, and she still had to get him up into the saddle somehow. "Urgh ... this is bad ...."

Meanwhile, Iris got a bit of a lecture from Beau. Iso felt such things were best saved for before the fighting actually started, but hindsight was, as always, useless in these situations. At least they didn't have to be shy about seeking out help, the young duke made that much clear.

Treatment

Nikita eyed the elixir for a moment, wondering if this rider was actually trying to help her and not just find a convenient hiding place. Well, it wasn't rudoberry, but it would do, she decided, moving her head closer to try and grab the elixir, snipping at it and Tas expectantly. Rather than waiting to see if he would feed it to her, she simply opted to crush the container in her jaws, let the contents flow down her throat, and then spew out the 'pulp'.

"Whoa, careful! You might hurt yourself!" Tas warned with some alarm as he jumped back from Nikita's jaws. He uncorked the bottle as, apparently, the wyverness had figured out that it was for drinking, then, he carefully held it out to her again. This time, though, he watched for the right moment to tip the bottle so the contents spilled out into her mouth without losing the whole bottle...and maybe an arm...

Nom

Nikita slowly moved at the bottle again, still aiming to smash the thing in her mouth and spit out the bits. She didn't plan on biting Tas' arm but he wasn't letting her put the elixir in her mouth, so she was willing to risk that than be denied.

Just as planned, as soon as Nikita's mouth was in position, Tas dumped the elixir's contents into it and hastily moved the bottle away. He didn't need her throat getting bits of glass stuck in it, or her tongue getting all scratched up.

The Lord of Azure Flame raised his fist and smashed it in the direction of the Crimson fire wielder.

Lord of Azure Flame continues to use Merciless Judgment (physical) Impact activated!

4,4,6= Hit! 14-1= 13 damage! Isotov 0/15

The wind harpy set her sets on the enemy lancer.

Wind Harpy uses Speedy Strike, reducing Mag by 2 to add 2 AS.

(5,3,2)= Hit! 5-1= 4 damage! Alex 0/15

The minotaur attempted to counter the pegasus knight who attacked him, but missed.

(3,6,1)= Miss!

The nightshade set its sights on the young priest, intent on strangling the life out of him,

(1,2,4)= Miss!

(3,5,5)= Critical Hit! 12-0= 12x3= 36! Beau 0/12

The centaur attempted to strike the young archer with his sword, but missed.

(5,6,4)= Miss!

The floating eyeball attempted to correct past injustices by shooting dark magic at the woman who set it on fire,

(6,2,3)= Hit! 9-5= 4 damage! Adena 8/18

Helios takes 2 from poison Helios 8/18

Midori takes 2 from poison Midori 2/18

Iris takes 2 from poison Iris 13/18

Adena 8/18

Alex 0/15

---

Arrin 10/12

Midori 2/18(poisoned)

---

Beau 0/12

Raemond 0/12

---

Charlotte 15/15

Eric 18/18

---

Chase 1/9

Conrad 0/18(poisoned)

---

Helios 8/18 (Poisoned, -2 Speed, petrified)

Morgan 1/18

---

Irina 0/24

Damian 1/12

---

Isotov 0/15

Kelas 0/15

---

Luc 18/18

Reika 0/12

---

Tas 9/9

Tiria 20/21

---

Tessa 12/12

Iris 13/18

---

Tristan 18/18

Viveka 15/15

---

Raphael 30/30

Arrin's Barrier 7/30

Chase's Barrier 0/30
Conrad's Barrier 21/30
Damian's Barrier 0/30
Helios's Barrier 23/30
Isotov's Barrier 3/30
Morgan's Barrier 0/30
Reika's Barrier 12/30
Tiria's Barrier 7/30
LoAF has physical weapon equipped.

--
Hellhound A 0/15
Wind Harpy 15/15 (Speedy Strike 2)
--
Minotaur A 4/21
Nightshade A 9/9
---
Centaur A 18/18
Dark Gorgon (Miniboss) 0/21
---
Dark Mogall A 2/15
Giant Spider A 0/21
---
Fire Mogall A 15/15
Deathgoyle A 18/18
---
Hellhound B 15/15
Thunder Harpy 15/15
---
Minotaur B 21/21
Nightshade B 9/9
---
Centaur B 18/18
Fire Gorgon (Miniboss) 21/21
---
Thunder Mogall A 15/15
Giant Spider B 21/21
---
Wind Mogall A 15/15
Deathgoyle B 18/18
---
Hellhound C 15/15
Fire Harpy 15/15
---
Minotaur C 21/21
Nightshade C 9/9
---
Centaur C 18/18
Thunder Gorgon (Miniboss) 21/21
---
Dark Mogall B 15/15
Giant Spider C 21/21
---
Fire Mogall B 15/15
Deathgoyle C 18/18
---
Hellhound D 15/15
Dark Harpy 15/15
---
Minotaur D 21/21
Nightshade D 9/9
---
Centaur D 18/18
Wind Gorgon(Miniboss) 21/21
---
Thunder Mogall B 15/15
Giant Spider D 21/21
---
Wind Mogall B 15/15
Deathgoyle D 18/18
Edited by -Cynthia-

Battlefield

Nikita quickly snapped at the bottle but just barely missed. She now even more irritated but had at least gotten what she was really after.

The battlefield at large was a real mess and Irina wasn't really sure what she was doing anymore. She still wasn't quite in any condition to be fighting, but flying around way up here wasn't doing anyone any good when she couldn't keep up with the battle itself or give anyone advance warnings. That was Viveka's specialty, not hers. She'd obviously had enough of simply observing once Iso was hit again and tried to guide Namid toward him.

While trying to get Raemond onto Susann, who looked like a statue due to how terrified she was, one of the demons came rushing at Viveka. She had to outright drop Raemond, lead the the minotaur slightly off to the side and then dive out of its way. After that, the young duke was taken down by one of the more subtle demons. "We're finished ..." she said, smashing her fist into the heated dirt. "Dammit ..."

"I warned you all, did I not? It is too late for despair now. Your escape has been completely cut off; you must fight until the last warrior falls. There is no other choice," Raphael said, descending and unleashing an intense blast of light magic on the Minotaur. It couldn't defend against the attack in its condition and was quickly incinerated.

Raphael attacks Minotaur A! Rolls 4,1,3

HIT & KO

(What's the point in dying here ...?) the pegasus knight thought as she tried to pick herself back up. It was a lot harder than she expected.

Player Phase #4 begin!

(Note: Really wanted to go after the nightshade since the little dps'ing prick can't use stealth anymore but after missing the first couple of openings, anything less than an assured kill was just ... yeah, no. Just no lol)

Tiria growled in frustration, completely covered in the azure light coming from her sword. Charging headlong at the barrier, not even considering the attack that would come after, she stabbed her sword right in the center of the barrier. It flickered for a second before shattering, and she fell back, exhausted. "Looks like... I've done my part."

[spoiler=combat]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4514260/

Tiria uses keen edge to autohit her autohit!

5+2(crimson)+4(dice)-2=9 damage

Tiria: 16/21

Tiria's Barrier: 0/30

Arrin shook his head, blinking; whatever had hit him last had hit hard, and while he wasn't entirely sure what was going on, he could feel traces of healing magic in his system, telling him that he was probably well enough to act again. Once more he lashed out at the barrier between the group and the demon king, putting extra energy into making sure the lightning struck true.

Arrin attacks his barrier. (2, 6, 1) (Crimson active: -2 HP, +1 HIT) Hit! Arrin does 14 damage.

A harsh light flared, and Arrin shielded his eyes as the barrier fell.

Arrin 8/12

Arrin's barrier down.

ooc: more fluffposts later maybe

As directed, Namid began gliding in Isotov's direction, though he kept alert for any danger that might be near. If he had to, he'd pull up again. Tas he trusted, and he'd obey this rider, but if there was something trying to hurt him, like heck he was sticking around.

Tas, meanwhile, corked the empty bottle and put it back into the saddlebag he got it from. Then, he gave Nikita a smile and asked, "There. How are you feeling now?" It might take more than that, but I don't know... This medicine seemed pretty potent, and she got the whole bottle's worth. That doesn't mean she won't still have something wrong, though. I need to keep a look out for that.

Suddenly, a giant fist came crashing down towards the two he'd just healed. They were on a wyvern, so Beau didn't try to stick around to get smashed himself, instead, loosing a cry at the sight of it and hurrying away, back towards Tessa, where Raemond had been, and the pegasus knight. He made it out of the fist's smashing zone, but was still on the same floating rock as where it had struck, so, naturally, the ground he stood on was rocked violently and he lost his balance.

Ow.. Beau gave a small, annoyed grunt as he pushed himself off the ground. His hands and chin were scratched up from the fall and they stung. His attention was quickly snatched up by the sound of events happening at twelve O'clock, however. A minotaur came rushing in at the three he'd left behind in favor of healing Isotov and the woman. Though he was glad that this pegasus knight had the sense to do as he'd instructed, he frowned and winced when she dropped Raemond like a sack of potatoes. He was glad she was protecting the other two, however. In the end, no one was harmed by the demon its self. Beau sighed in relief and began to more fully regain his feet, but that relief only lasted a short moment. Speeding directly toward him was some form of unnatural shadow.

Panicking some, Beau loosed an involuntary cry of fear as he grabbed his tome, fell back onto his rear, and launched a light spell, hoping to intercept the shadow in time. It all happened so quickly and the shadow was gone after the flash of light, that he thought he'd been successful and began to calm down. Suddenly, however, he felt something wrap around his neck from behind. His eyes widened and he looked back over his shoulder to see the shadowy demon from before. Somehow, it had gotten behind him. Actually, what had happened was a last-minute dodge of his own spell, and the creature had taken refuge in Beau's own shadow before coming back up. That didn't particularly matter to the young healer at the moment, however.

He tried to scream for help, but as soon as the shadow limb had his neck, it had begun to squeeze -- Beau couldn't breathe. Panicking and gripping at the arm around his neck, Beau kept trying to force air out of his lungs, squirming and struggling to free himself, stomping on the ground, trying to get someone's attention, if nothing else. Soon, though, his desperate thoughts became confused, his vision began to cloud with stars, his attempts to free himself weakened...and finally, everything went dark, and Beau's body went limp.

Plop

Nikita slowly rose up and took a step forward, the aching in her body subsiding quickly enough for her to realize that she'd drinking one of those healing drinks. She was still in considerable pain, but nothing she couldn't endure in a fight. That didn't mean she was about to do anything, though, since Irina wasn't around anymore. Until Irina returned or she heard her call, she decided to lay back down and wait to see if the rest of her pain would go away. She laid back down with a resounding thud, kicking up a bit of dirt as she did, and laid her head down as well. After a couple of seconds, she sighed through her nostrils, blowing some dust off the rocky ground.

The shadow demon was finally visible and really needed to go down. Chase nocked an arrow and fired into it, causing it to disappate.

Chase Stat Shift 2 Str-->2 skill

7 x1.5= 10 Hit (1,4,4)= Critical Hit! 11-0= 11 x2= 22 damage. Nightshade A dead

Tristan scanned the battlefield, swooping down and stabbing an eyeball that was coming near their group. It was hard to tell what all was going on, but at least he was killing demons.

Tristan activates Full Tilt!

(5,3,3)= Critical Hit! 12-1= 11x2= 22 damage! Fire Mogall A 0/15

More of their group was falling...Charlotte decided to focus her healing energies on Adena to make sure that there was another healer available.

Charlotte heals Adena! +9 HP Adena 18/18

"Hmm... Still not feeling so great, huh? It's no wonder..." Tas asked, frowning in concern. I wonder if anything is out of place... "Um... If you don't mind, I'm going to look for what might be wrong, here..."

Watching Nikita for a reaction, Tas climbed up onto the wyvern. She was watching him, but didn't seem to mind otherwise, so he began his inspection, feeling for anything that felt compressed, out of place, or tight. He found one such spot where the muscles were a lot tighter than they should have been. Probably from the impact... The courier frowned as he tried to figure out what to do about it. Nikita trusted him to some extent, but not to the point of letting him try to massage this, he knew. She was sore already, so it wouldn't exactly feel nice. Still, it would help her recover better. But how to go about it? He didn't want to come off as attacking, but at the same time, he wanted there to be some evidence of positive effect. Going quickly might make it worse, though, too. It seemed there was no choice: he'd have to wait for Irina so that Nikita wouldn't bite his head off as soon as he started to try to loosen her muscles.

Well, Tas had done his best, and so slipped off of the wyvern and back onto his own feet. He started, though, when he saw a demon rushing over towards him and Nikita. Nikita didn't want to move, and would probably make those inflamed muscles worse if she tried to run away. Besides that, there just wasn't any time. Tas' hand shot to Nikita's side in the panic, blindly searching for his lance...but this wyvern was not his wyvern -- his weapons had all gone with Namid. I...I'm defenseless! He wanted to protect Nikita, but now it was almost even too late to run away. Fearful, he pressed his back into Nikita's side, frantically trying to some up with some way to protect the creature who was, admittedly, a lot larger than him.

As it turned out, though, he didn't have to.

Tas activates Full Tilt!

Nikita Tas attacks Dark Mogall A!

Autohit!

(2+5)-1 = 6!

Tas 9/9

Dark Mogal A 0/15

When the glowing, floating eyeball got too close, Nikita took matters into her own fangs and snapped at the demon, popping it.

Staff

Tessa was startled when Beau had addressed her, and just kind of shook her head in response. No, she wasn't alright, but there was nothing really to be done about it. "Others need are help," is all she managed before returning to scanning the field. Apparently appeased, the young lord had done some healing of his own, and that was the last she saw of him before a fierce wave of activity hit. She must've been charmed or something, as she was still physically untouched, though her phobia was keeping her steadily unhinged. At last a path opened up and she was able to make her way back to the side of Arrin and the lancer who'd been defending him. The poor woman looked dreadful, and doing her best, Tessa made her wounds a little less.

Tessa activates Arcanium, heals Arlene for 8

Tome

When a young lad with a staff had come by to heal her prince, Iris had also gotten some attention herself, accompanied by a scolding. The pain of all of her seared nerves coming back to life caused stars to flash in her vision, and she ground her teeth and lowered her head to keep herself from being overwhelmed. It was really then that the lieutenant realized just how much she had deserved the lecture, as running herself ragged protecting her charge she had truly lost track of how dire her own health had been. That's not to say she didn't realize she could have done with some assistance, it was just the sheer magnitude that had been underestimated.

"...Right you are," Frederikov choked out in reply. "To be honest, I both hope and dread such a next time, but I shall take your advice to heart. I am in your debt."

With her system having settled back down, for the most part at least and as near as she could tell, though she was still suffering from the annoyance of the burning sensation that continued to run through her veins, a remnant from having tried to tame the azure flames, Iris gave a quick check on her passenger, and having determined that Isotov too was fit to travel they took to wing on Drake once again. However, they were not long aloft before a massive jolt from behind shook her uncomfortably, and Drake screeched out, more in fear than pain. The feeling of Isotov's arms slackening from where he'd been holding on while they were flying caused her heart to drop, and the leaden pit that was forming in her stomach only accelerated its formation when she turned over her shoulder to see the glazed look in his unseeing eyes. Swearing, she shifted reins to one hand, and with the other grabbed one of his falling wrists, both to steady him and save him from falling off as well as to check his pulse. A terror of the highest order assaulted her when she could not find it. Praying that the nerves in her fingers were still numb, or perhaps the thunderous racing of her own blood was drowning out a thin yet steady rhythm, or countless other possible explanations besides failure in her mission.

This situation was more dire than before, a mere mortal servant of the goddess might not be enough, so in a desperate bid to save a life she sped toward the location of a higher servant of the light, the spirit that had descended from the heavens and pledged himself to their cause. When she came close enough to call out, she offered "Sir, I'm begging you a favor! Look at my prince, save him if you can! I swear your efforts will not go unrewarded, I'll do everything I can to keep both you and he safe this fight, and afterwards you can name what else you will, and if it's in my power it shall be done."

Iris defends Raphael (shifts mag to def again)

[[

1) Isotov would be stunned anyway from Impact. I know Phoenix sometimes (often?) prefers a less extreme mode of injury when he gets a man removed from the fight, but that gives me a bit of an out.

2) I provided a fair number of plausible explanations for why Iris could be an unreliable narrator.

3) This is better than the alternative scene I'd considered anyway. (It dodges a potential anachronism, and somewhat tired trope, at least.)

4) I've been holding things up so something is better than nothing.

]]

Edited by Balcerzak

• 2 weeks later...

"Damnit, so much for early momentum... we can't win a battle of attrition like this..." Damian noted, clicking his tongue in annoyance. When one of the blasted wraiths ventured a little too close, the lancer effortlessly ran it through, as it faded away into nothing.

"At this rate we'll be wiped out before the barrier can be fully taken down..."

Damian shanks Nightshade B! Autohit, autokill!

Roll for prosperity:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4538834/

The Lord of Azure Flame attempted to incinerate the Crimson bow wielder, but missed.

(1,3,2)= Miss!

The wind harpy did not appreciate being set on fire and shot wind towards the aggressor.

(4,5,4)= autohit! 9-5= 4 damage! Adena 14/18

The centaur charged into the Crimson lance wielder, striking him down and charging into the thunder tome wielder.

(6,6,2)= Hit! Damian takes 11-0= 11 damage! Damian 0/12

(5,2,3)= Hit! Arrin takes 4 damage! Arrin 4/12

The gargoyle twirled its spear and attempted to skewer the Crimson sword wielder.

Deathgoyle A uses Thick Hide! +3 defense

(5,2,5)= Autohit! Tiria takes 9-3= 6 damage! Tiria 10/21

The hellhound charged into the enemy wyvern rider, biting into him.

(3,6,3)= Autohit! 10-1= 9 damage! Tas 0/9

The harpy elected to shock the woman defending the light spirit.

Speedy Strike 2 mag--> 2 AS

(3,2,4)= Hit! 2 damage

(2,4,6)= Hit! 4 damage Iris 7/18

The minotaur attempted to cut down the enemy pegasus knight in a rage, but missed.

(1,3,3)= Miss!

Midori takes 2 from poison Midori 8/18

Iris takes 2 from poison Iris 5/18

Helios takes 2 from poison Helios 6/18

Adena 14/18

Alex 0/15

---

Arrin 4/12

Midori 8/18

---

Beau 0/12

Raemond 0/12

---

Charlotte 15/15

Eric 18/18

---

Chase 1/9

Conrad 0/18

---

Helios 6/18 ( -2 Speed, petrified)

Morgan 1/18

---

Irina 0/24

Damian 0/12

---

Isotov 0/15

Kelas 0/15

---

Luc 18/18

Reika 0/12

---

Tas 0/9

Tiria 10/21

---

Tessa 12/12

Iris 5/18

---

Tristan 18/18

Viveka 15/15

---

Raphael 30/30

Arrin's Barrier 0/30

Chase's Barrier 0/30
Conrad's Barrier 21/30
Damian's Barrier 0/30
Helios's Barrier 23/30
Isotov's Barrier 3/30
Morgan's Barrier 0/30
Reika's Barrier 12/30
Tiria's Barrier 0/30
LoAF has Azure Flame equipped
Hellhound A 0/15
Wind Harpy 4/15
--
Minotaur A 0/21
Nightshade A 0/9
---
Centaur A 18/18
Dark Gorgon (Miniboss) 0/21
---
Dark Mogall A 0/15
Giant Spider A 0/21
---
Fire Mogall A 0/15
Deathgoyle A 18/18(Thick Hide)
---
Hellhound B 15/15
Thunder Harpy 15/15 (Speedy Strike 2)
---
Minotaur B 21/21(Rage)
Nightshade B 0/9
---
Centaur B 18/18
Fire Gorgon (Miniboss) 21/21
---
Thunder Mogall A 15/15
Giant Spider B 21/21
---
Wind Mogall A 15/15
Deathgoyle B 18/18
---
Hellhound C 15/15
Fire Harpy 15/15
---
Minotaur C 21/21
Nightshade C 9/9
---
Centaur C 18/18
Thunder Gorgon (Miniboss) 21/21
---
Dark Mogall B 15/15
Giant Spider C 21/21
---
Fire Mogall B 15/15
Deathgoyle C 18/18
---
Hellhound D 15/15
Dark Harpy 15/15
---
Minotaur D 21/21
Nightshade D 9/9
---
Centaur D 18/18
Wind Gorgon(Miniboss) 21/21
---
Thunder Mogall B 15/15
Giant Spider D 21/21
---
Wind Mogall B 15/15
Deathgoyle D 18/18
Other Phase begin
Edited by -Cynthia-

Keep Fighting

Raphael uses Revive on Reika!

Reika HP 9/12

(Note: I might manage to get some flavoring for this but right now I'm running on coffee so best to just leave it be.)

Player Phase # ... uh ... something 5 begin!

Edited by Phoenix

Reika slammed her knives into the barriers as Luc threw up a defensive barrier in front of her. He took the brunt of the rebound, and she snarled. The barrier was almost down but not yet.

[spoiler=Combat]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4541591/

autohit!

9+2-2=9 damage

LoAF autohits!

10+6-5=11 damage

Reika: 1/12

Luc: 7/18

Reika's barrier: 3/12

Adena spotted the recently revived knife wielder struggling to stand, so she grabbed her staff and healed her.

+9 HP restored

Reika: 10/12

Well, that was unpleasant. After Nikita tossed most of the eyeball corpse away, she began trying to get the remaining bits out of her mouth. Evidently, demons didn't taste very good. Tas was beginning to relax again. They were away from the majority of the fighting and it was pretty quiet. Well, relatively. Once she'd finished, Nikita got up and began trying to move somewhere more comfortable. There...really wasn't anywhere more comfortable, so she wound up stopping a few feet away and lying back down. Tas was a little worried she'd strain herself, so he was relieved when she laid back down. He was a little sad, though. It was fairly obvious Nikita was in pain...

Her pain fled the forefront of his mind, however, as he suddenly heard a ferocious, snarling bark from behind. He'd only had the time to begin to turn to see what it was when a set of jaws snapped down into his neck. All he could see was a large muzzle covered in coarse, unkempt fur, and a glimpse of wild, red, inky eyes. As his voice exploded into the air in a desperate, terror-filled cry, the weight of the beast on his back caused him to fall onto his belly, which cut his cry short, having knocked the wind out of him. While Tas tried to scramble away from under the creature, he also tried to regain his breath, and the hellhound repositioned its toothy grip on the back of his neck. Tas coughed and gagged, his eyes wide as he stared at the ground. No, no, no no no no no!! Not here! I...I...! His body was assailed by a coughing fit as it tried to keep the liquid out of his lungs. Splattering on the ground bellow his head were drops of something thick, and deep red.

Tas' heart was racing. I... I'm going to die, aren't I...? Oh no... No, no no... Please, NO!! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!! He felt the creature's massive paws pushing him down, then it started to pull on his neck with its teeth, trying to rip it from his head. "NO! NO!! HELP!!" The rest of Tas' screams were unintelligible.

Namid came to a sudden and jarring halt, practically angling himself upright in his shock and horror. Immediately, he looked in the direction where they'd left Tas and Nikita. He could hear him: Tas was in great danger. As swiftly as he could muster, Namid sped back towards that spot, unfurling his wings again just a little before impact with the ground. He didn't know how to handle whatever that thing was that was assailing his brother, especially without accidentally harming Tas in the process. He'd never actually fought before...but he sure would try. Bearing his fangs, the normally timid wyvern brought his head back, ready to strike, and hissed menacingly. The hiss was only part of the sound he made, to be honest, as some deep, reverberating sound, like an elongated, dull boom, shot from Namid's throat at the creature. Whatever it was, it had better let Tas go.

Tas himself was a little disoriented by the sound, but he was a little out of it already when Namid and Irina arrived. He was actually on the verge of fainting. The room was beginning to spin and blacken...