Fun fact I have a knife

So there was someone in the house and I have no idea who. They broke a bunch of glass and got blood all over a baker's rack and the walls. They tried to clean it up, there's some of it in the trash can and some was left on the tabletop, but apparently made it worse in doing it, since there was quite an amount of blood. I'm guessing after a short time they got tired of picking it up with their hands and ended up sweeping much of it under the table and rack, which is where it was in the morning. It happened at night, since there is blood concentrated towards the light switch areas. I called all friends who were there earlier in the day that I might not have been in direct line of sight with at any point and they confirmed both that they didn't break anything and that I am not crazy (i.e. I didn't somehow walk past blood and glass everywhere on the way out). The only problem is that all the doors were locked, or at least I am very sure they were. And given that the number of people that access to a key to the house number less than a half dozen, I am somewhat worried. So much so that I am carrying a weapon when in or around the building now.

I suppose the (oddly) good news is that the main door's deadbolt broke a few months ago, and can't be operated by a key from the outside. So if I lock it at night no one's getting in without busting the door down. I guess it might also be a good warning sign that Clumsy Pete's back if it's locked when I get home. What's not such great news is that I have to now comb my house with a knife when I get home. -___-

I'm certainly fine right now. Aside from the whole afraid I'm going to get shanked thing I'm really quite curious as to who did this. If it's someone that has a key then they would have to be aware of the big huge baker's rack full of alcohol and martini glasses and shit. The blood spots seem to be in pretty specific areas though, now that I think about it. Obviously all over the rack where it happened, and walls with light switches, which they would need to turn to see. But they're not all over the walls as if the person was sliding along them LOOKING for a light. It's like they bled all over them while placing their hands in that specific part of the wall, as though they knew that's where they were.

I don't think any of my family members would have done this. The only ones that have a key that are not my family members are the landlord, and it would make sense for them to know where the light switches are since each of these apartments are identical.

Geez. That's a little nerve wracking.

Let's lighten the mood a bit with some comedy:

"Keep your waifus close, and your naifus closer."

But in all seriousness... stay safe >_>;

Oh god my sides.

And I will. When I'm not home and thus have to leave the deadbolt unlocked I'll use little tricks to know if someone has been in the house. Paper in the door jamb and such. Also, I'm going to be looking into a permit for a firearm. I've been meaning to look into one for simple ownership but this event has left me rather aware of how defenseless I am if anyone were to break in while I am home. If it weren't for my comically oversized baker's rack I may very well have been harmed badly or killed, depending on the time this happened and who the hell actually came in.

Then again if it was a crazy vampire whose only weakness is glass then my puny 00 buck won't do anything other than harm it. So I will have to make sure to fill the shells with holy water and silver dust too. Won't catch me unawares again, you blood suckers.

Your course of action is clear. You must surround the perimeter with burglar-proof baker's racks.

But seriously, I hope you stay safe and aren't too freaked out by it.

not sure if i'm reading this wrong, or just stupid...so a guy broke in, hurt himself, failed to clean up his mess, and left? it sounds like what we've got here is the dumbest burglar ever

Whoever they are there was no forced entry. I know for a fact that I locked the door at night but while I am almost positive the doors were locked after I came home at ~1AM it is conceivable that they were left unlocked when I left at 1PM. It definitely happened at night in any event.

Also I found more blood on a nearby wall so I guess it's possible they were floundering around? Or were just supporting themselves a bit, I don't know.

Coming up with lots of scenarios but most of them are someone getting stabbed or injured otherwise and seek refuge in a flay they have access to for a variety of reasons and that they know the insides of well because of x

Oh man Stohly I missed my waifu she was there and hurt and that was supposed to be the part where I accidentally stumble upon her and have to save her and get involved in a huge conspiracy

what have i done

Geez. That's a little nerve wracking.

Let's lighten the mood a bit with some comedy:

"Keep your waifus close, and your naifus closer."

But in all seriousness... stay safe >_>;

Oh gods my sides are in orbit.

Also, be careful, Esau. I'd keep an eye open for awhile.

I've discussed this with my family and some of them are laughing and think it's silly that I should talk to the police about this. They think that since nothing was stolen and there was no broken entry that they will think I am crazy or simply that a family member did it.

Do these people think Santa Claus lost his way to the North Pole or something? Am I going crazy? Am I not supposed to tell law enforcement that someone broke a pretty serious law?

So there was someone in the house and I have no idea who. They broke a bunch of glass and got blood all over a baker's rack and the walls. They tried to clean it up, there's some of it in the trash can and some was left on the tabletop, but apparently made it worse in doing it, since there was quite an amount of blood. I'm guessing after a short time they got tired of picking it up with their hands and ended up sweeping much of it under the table and rack, which is where it was in the morning. It happened at night, since there is blood concentrated towards the light switch areas. I called all friends who were there earlier in the day that I might not have been in direct line of sight with at any point and they confirmed both that they didn't break anything and that I am not crazy (i.e. I didn't somehow walk past blood and glass everywhere on the way out). The only problem is that all the doors were locked, or at least I am very sure they were. And given that the number of people that access to a key to the house number less than a half dozen, I am somewhat worried. So much so that I am carrying a weapon when in or around the building now.

I suppose the (oddly) good news is that the main door's deadbolt broke a few months ago, and can't be operated by a key from the outside. So if I lock it at night no one's getting in without busting the door down. I guess it might also be a good warning sign that Clumsy Pete's back if it's locked when I get home. What's not such great news is that I have to now comb my house with a knife when I get home. -___-

I've been in your shoes before, sorta.

When I was still living with my parents, my bedroom was in the basement of our house. One night I woke up to my mom and dad screaming and hollering, my mom especially was terrified. On top of that I heard an unfamiliar voice asking where "the money" was. Someone was in the house. Now, my dad and I go hunting fairly often, and the rifle cabinet is not too far from my bedroom. I slipped out to it, opened the lock and grabbed my .22 and slipped a couple of rounds into it, not having any idea what was going on upstairs. As I was walking up the stairs, I could tell the source of the noise was coming from my parent's bedroom, which from the top of the stairs, looking through the kitchen at an angle, you can see into their room. What I saw horrified me, some skinny, dirty, completely demented looking guy was swinging a huge hunting knife at my parents, who were backed into the corner. Without even thinking, I laid prone on the stairs, took aim, and shot the guy in the knee. He dropped immediately, and I got right up, chambered another round, and walked up to this guy cursing on the ground, told him to drop his knife. He kinda wisened up, shoved the knife across the floor, my dad tied his hands together, we called the cops, and he was arrested.

The scariest fucking night of my life.