Shin Megami Tensei IV

Samias

What ending are you gunning for?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these endings are you going for?

• Chaos
    • Law
    • Neutral
    • That other one

I didn't know what Wastrel beam was... looked it up... I am so sorry for your loss

I thought Macca beam was bad, btw CT, have you played Nocturne, just curious and all that

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah he stole 1.5 million macca from me (i was saving up to buy the demonica suit ;-;)

wrt nocturne it's on my list (this was my first SMT game actually, I'm running through Strange Journey now) but I haven't

I heard it's even stupider though (DRAGON EYE BEAST EYE DRAGON EYE BEAST EYE i've heard the horror stories)

Edited by CT075

1.5 mil!?... you once again have my condolences

Strange Journey's pretty good, It took me while to get into it, the start was just... too military for me and a little on the long side

I almost didn't know what you were talking about... Yeah, it's pretty bad

Edited by Soledai

the big issue for me is that nocturne is on the PS2 but i don't have one -_-

anyway holy fuck all of the fiends are ridiculous

david is just stupid for the point in the game when you're supposed to fight him

matador has at least stopped ragemoding on me (he's "only" spamming a +3 hit Hades Blast on me)

white rider... well, you saw my attempt on white rider

i know trumpeter is going to wreck me

haven't even started looking for chemtrail

i don't have enough luck to open the door for red rider (i heard you need 100?)

haven't gotten pale rider to spawn yet

black rider is easy (well, he's about at the difficulty of some of the final bosses if you're as wholly unprepared as i am) but SAY GOODBYE TO ALL YOUR MACCA

Edited by CT075

Black Rider likely went into rage mode due to you having everyone null/drain/repel both his ice attacks and physical attacks. At least I think he uses physicals.

The only almighty he should spam if not pissed is energy drain. And that move is quite pathetic.

Maybe he just, hates you, or was in a bad mood?

Also, what kind of build do you have?

the big issue for me is that nocturne is on the PS2 but i don't have one -_-

anyway holy fuck all of the fiends are ridiculous

david is just stupid for the point in the game when you're supposed to fight him

matador has at least stopped ragemoding on me (he's "only" spamming a +3 hit Hades Blast on me)
white rider... well, you saw my attempt on white rider
i know trumpeter is going to wreck me
haven't even started looking for chemtrail
i don't have enough luck to open the door for red rider (i heard you need 100?)
haven't gotten pale rider to spawn yet
black rider is easy (well, he's about at the difficulty of some of the final bosses if you're as wholly unprepared as i am) but SAY GOODBYE TO ALL YOUR MACCA

I hope you figure something out, Nocturne is a really good game

I can't comment on the Fiends in SMT4 as I haven't played it yet, but I've heard of some people spending all their macca before fighting Black Rider

Edited by Soledai

The Dragon Eye boss in Nocturne isn't as bad from what I've heard

There was a vid where someone curbstomped the boss faster than when he did the first boss in Nocturne

Black Rider give back 320k which is cool

Also use Dekunda on the team >_>

Edited by JSND

From what I've read the Black Rider always opens up with x5 Wastrel Beam but he drops a good chunk of macca. Probably not enough to recoup your losses but a decent chunk nonetheless.

And enemies in Nocturne SHOULDN'T spam Beast/Dragon Eye but I believe that one boss peeps are familiar with just spams Beast Eye for some odd reason.

This game. . .just. . .this game. . .

- Got my first error summon. . .

- . . .which saved my ass when I wandered into some high-level demon's domain (I was level 31 it was level 75). Said error was able to take hits and dish out decent damage

- Once again, I am lost. Something about a Jirae talisman (got the item, now I'm running around doing random things until I get better ideas)

WTF?! That's the SECOND error that stupid thing generated. Unlike the last one, it wasn't something ZOMGAMAZING - I went from trying to summon some random level 21 mook to Parvati. The cool thing about said mook is that it would've had four elemental attacks. Ah, well.

Nope, both were done with living specimens. Got lucky with the first one. . .the second one, not so much.

Twist: Pele was in the second one (mostly because I got one of her materials to learn Life Drain instead, which means her second incarnation will be awesome).

I have 6 accidents on my first playthrough that I can remember, but I apparently have had 8. Sui-Ki, Taraka, Morax, Hagen, Jeanne d'Arc, and Lanling Wang are the ones that I remember. Hagen is such a bro. I've had him from when I was like level 45, and I'm now level 70, and he's not slowing down that much. Though, without any buff/debuff related moves, it's only a matter of time before he has to be fused away.

Edited by Konnor97