Shin Megami Tensei IV

Samias

What ending are you gunning for?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these endings are you going for?

• Chaos
    • Law
    • Neutral
    • That other one

Final DLC superboss is laughably easy once you have the right demon. It's pretty much a ORKO.

In actuality, all of the DLC superbosses were pretty disappointing because you had enough time to prepare. The Fiends, on the other hand...well, Red Rider and Trumpeter are the hardest ones, the others are all laughably easy.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I'm not quite sure how it can be done without super buffed Phys Pierce Uriel since magic kinda sucks on non-MC characters. Maybe a Concentrate/Spirit Focus/Ice Pleroma/High Ice Pleroma/Ice Pierce/Refrigerate demon, but it's not quite as reliable.

If there wasn't a 10 turn limit, it would probably be a lot more fun to come up with different strategies.

well if you use the fusion lite thing to get kannuki-throw on a demon like metatron or mara that works but i'm personally too lazy to work out a fusion path to get phys pierce

i vaguely recall a video on some site of someone riot gunning him to death (although doesn't he give you gun pierce in the first place? idr)

More of the efficient strategies (like the 1-turn kill) actually require you to beat him first since he gives you the materials needed.

It's probably just easier to user Uriel rather than use Fusion Lite since Uriel will have the STR necessary anyway. Metatron is pretty nice, but he wouldn't be able to have the same loadout that my Uriel has at the moment.

i've seen strategies that revolve around setting up for maximum damage on the god's [x] spells (concentrate, ancient day's skill, archangel's law) but idk how they got it within the time limit

---

man trumpeter freaked the hell out of me when i saw him while dragging navarre around but then i just paid charon, dumped navarre and fought him for real; got wrecked the first time (dem great logos) and then was fine because after getting to +2/-2 his great logos are kind of pathetic

Funny, I beat the game last night, too.

By doing what my conscience told me, which was to DESTROY THE WORLD. Pretty sure my church buddies can't complain if I completely wipe all the demons out of existence~!

Edited by eclipse

Hmmm.

Currently mulling if I should replace Glacial Blast/Trisagion/Deadly Wind with Refrigerate/Ragnarok/Floral Gust. The latter has better damage potential but the former is slightly more reliable. Refrigerate would probably help a lot better with Red Rider kills, though...

I'm keeping Thunder Reign because I like having another nuke option that isn't Antichthon. :x

Im pretty sure eclipse just bought the game liek a week ago

Why haven't I finished the game yet >_>

I bought it at the same time as Tales of Xillia. I didn't start playing for a while, and when I did, I got lost early on, and was overleveled when I finally got unlost. . .which made the rest of the game a lot easier.

I'm all curious, what level was that if you remember, and if you liked SMT 4?

I got lost during the intro to K's Tavern quest (get a couple of things and beat a strong monster). Couldn't find the third Deep Moss for a LONG time. . .when I finally did, I was level 12 or so.

Got my first fusion accident on Cycle 2. . .I was all set to make a super-immune Sandman, and then. . ."Yo, Foul Hooligan here!"

:facepalm:

(at least he kept most of the resistances)

red rider where are you

it's seriously the last fiend i need and it's not spawning

(i have been compulsively resetting the area and opening the luck door for like two days and still nothing)

Red Rider is wandering aimlessly on his red horse causing mayhem to any world he lands upon...

seriously, I've heard horror stories of people trying for 5~12 hours of non-stop resetting-door opening and to no avail albeit the longest i've seen was 12 hours... so yeah there could be worse...

Now for the motivation, obligatory "you can do it keep trying" so on and so forth...

I got this game around 2 weeks ago. Just beat the bull on my first try.

Maybe I was lucky but Mino doesn't spam Oni-Kagura at all. He only uses War Cry once and decided to use Labrys Strike for the rest of his turn. He smirked once though, which results on one demon's death(which doesn't really matter since it ran out of MP anyway >_> ).

[spoiler= Team]MC(13)

- Bufu(+4)

- Zio(+8)

- Zan(+7)

- Agi(forgot the count)

- Dia(forgot the count too)

Athame(weapon), Magical Glasses(head), Ahazuya Red(body+leg), Red Earring(accessory)

Your basic magic nuke MC.

Mothman

- Agi

- Bufu

- Zio

- Rakukaja

- Life Bonus

Buffer, and the demon who died on Mino battle.

Spriggan

- Agi

- Bufu

- Zan(?)

- Mana Bonus

- Tarukaja

- Maragi

Another buffer, that innate Physical Resist really helps.

Makara

- Agi

- Bufu

- Zio

- Zan

- Poison Claw

- Lunge(?)

Main attacker along with MC. I immediately fused it for the boss battle from Jueyuan and another demon I forgot.