Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 3 - NOW IT'S REIN TIME (Game over)

Paperblade

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the mods are stating that you are possibly paranoid, none of your reports can be trusted, and you're an effective Vanilla. The mods would know this, and I don't believe that a game that specifically states that there are no Vanillas would have a role like this.

I'm super sleepy and can't think properly anymore, so I'll get back to this when I wake up, but I think you're BSing.

This is trying to disprove Shinori's claim with the rules. I don't agree with it.

I would like more clarity from Shinori on why he was told "possibly" at first and not anymore.

Manix's first useful post at #144

Elieson, on 24 Jul 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:snapback.png

Be extra careful about this shit guys. I don't wanna be a wingman to someone who isn't cautious enough with their vote to avoid accidental hammertime.

just poking a bit: purpose of pointing this out in the first 20 posts of the game?

One, because I'm Elie and I'm paranoid about people being surprise-hammered since FAYZ (especially when the rules state "as determined by me", implying a vote modification role probably exists), and a little crumb, all mixed into one.

Actually, insert headslapping headache. I reread your ISO and I think it was just that one line in your post that I quoted that I more or less didn't agree with your point regarding Scumanix!Meta.

Ughhhhhhhh

@@Slap Ether with a fish

YOU KNOW WHAT SCREW THIS IMA CLAIM RIGHT NOW CUZ I'LL HAVE TO CLAIM EVENTUALLY AND IT'S GONNA SUCK NO MATTER WHAT AND IT MIGHT DO SOME GOOD RIGHT NOW

I'M SHINORI, TOWN MILLER

EXCEPT IT'S NOT REALLY A MILLER CUZ I ALWAYS SCAN INNO TO INVESTIGATIONS REGARDLESS OF SANITY

BUT THEN THAT MEANS I AM SORT OF A MILLER CUZ ONCE I CLAIM PEOPLE ARE BOUND TO BE LIKE "LOL GODFATHER!!11ONEONE"

TROLOLOLSHINORIROLE

SO SHINORIX, PLZ SCAN ME TONIGHT KTHX

And

This is trying to disprove Shinori's claim with the rules. I don't agree with it.

I would like more clarity from Shinori on why he was told "possibly" at first and not anymore.

Also, not really. It's a comparison, not a replacement. Get it through your head bro; BBM isn't calling Shinori a liar, he's acknowledging that the application of Shinori's claimed role is risky and not very productive, based on the claim.

##Vote Wombat

For everything before, plus this strange persistance regarding Shinori's claim

Psych (4): scorri, Snike, Shinori, Shin

Naglfar (3): eclipse, Levity, Wombat

Elieson (3): BBM, Rein, kirsche

kirsche (3): Manix, Gyarados, Naglfar

Shinori (2): Psych, SB

Wombat (1): Elieson

scorri (1): Helios

Snike (1): j00

Not Voting (1): Ether

Edited by Paperblade

Don't like that Shinori's reply to Psych saying "what have you even done this game" is "well what have YOU done???" and his timing of claim is weird.

At this point both he and scorri are tunneling on psych and his last post of "whatever this is stupid I'm gonna get lynched anyway just because of my claim WHATEVER" is just a massive appeal of emotion. None of these three are very good in terms of content but I think Shinori's the worst here because his latest posts have been jumping around. You seem to be around, have any reads on anyone not related to Psych? Lately you're voting people pretty much only because of their views and interactions with Psych.

Snike came back to answer, his reads are okayish, but then he calls his kirsche vote a reaction test which is an eeehh excuse. Doing weird stuff for the sake of reactions is lazy and dumb unless you're doing it in a specific way and know what kind of reactions you're looking for. You say kirsche's had different opinions on sheeping earlier, what kind of reaction would you expect from scum!kirsche, then? Also mentioned Shinori claiming and disappeared without commenting on it.

kirsche isn't playing very good and he knows it, so stop handwaving it. He's being vague with reasoning and admits to being lazy, but I agree with BBM that his #194 post veers into "so bad it's town" territory because it's so blatantly, eye-catchingly bad. Not my main priority for lynch, but if he's going to be away for some time he might as well be subbed imo since this slot has been pretty unhelpful so far.

Bizz has a lot of posts but later posts have been somewhat forgettable. Recent posts are about Elie/kirsche/Wombat and not really thinking Elie and kirsche are scum anymore, responding to Wombat. You still have your vote on Naglfar even if you haven't mentioned him in a while, how are you actually reading Wombat? You seem to like him less and less as you respond, but I'm not sure what your read on him is.

Excellen can you elaborate I don't get your vote and is this rhetoric stuff all pr or what

I'm finding this game hard to read because

1) I still have trouble doing two games at once

2) so many long, big listpost fights

3) there's a lot of posts that are bad, but not necessarily scummy (psych/scorri/shinori tunneling each other, kirsche being drunk, gay and tired, ether's loldunno post etc)

the last one is particularly frustrating, but should get easier after D1, I know I'm one of the inactive ones here myself

I still want to lynch Snike but I'd join kirsche too, what with Wombat just claiming and all I'd leave Shinori around for the next phase.

1. That's not how I play it. I like to try to lead a scum lynch D1 but If I can't, then I'll usually claim late D1 to early D2. I once hammered a Godfather D1 then got killed by mafia N1. BEST MILLER EVER.

2. This ain't your typical Miller cuz I scan inno, so the risk of outing the cop just to get ML'd is low unlike with regular Miller.

3. I outed before N1 with minimal pressure so it's all good even if I were a regular Miller.

4. BEST ROLE 2013

So you find me scummy half because of my tone, and half because I didn't respond to you. The first half is pretty weak, because you're attaching emotion to a statement that didn't have any there to begin with. The second half is broken into two parts: My alleged defense of Leviata and my calling Shinori scummy and Leviata not scummy WRT their cases. For starters, I never defended Leviata. I called Wombat out on what I considered a bad case towards Leviata (and had he used that case on any other player, including myself, I'd have called him out on it just the same). Why was shinori's case scummy and Leviata's case not? Primarily because Shinori overreacted so ridiculously to SB's interpretation of a joke (which I'm pretty sure I addressed already), and Leviata identifies her case as SB posting Filler and Vote Threat being just a weird thing to do at the time, while Shinori was posting a case on SB that referred to him as "Lazy/opportunistic" and uhh....yea. One was argued more specifically than the other, even though both were based around the "To be frank frank franky be frank" joke part.

Yeah this is cool and all but instead of telling me this now why didn't you say all of that way back then. Not responding to it just feels like an attempted coast which went wrong when I actually pressed on you like you would your gay lover. The response is adequate but late.

Whether that's a crumb or not is no business of yours.

Also Ether is being lazy and whether or not you find this scummy we should never lynch a lazy player, investigate/vig that and let's focus on more important things. Speaking of, Ether do you have any thoughts on Psych specifically? (Try ISOing him it helps).

Also I won't need a sub, not going to be away for that long.

I will say that I was referring to my original SFMM role, the miller governor, when I said that. As for my current role, I won't say if it's good, bad or troll-like.

Okay, first off, Wombat is partially correct. If Shinori is paranoid only PART of the time, while his guilty reports can't be trusted, his innocent reports can. Either mafia or town might scan as mafia, but only town can scan as town (unless Godfather etc). So basically he can clear people sometimes, but he can't directly catch scum. I blame my lack of sleep for the reason I didn't realize that at the time. So a sometimes Paranoid Cop is not a Vanilla- a Cop that's always paranoid, however, is, because he'll never get an inno report (except against Wombat, apparently).

I don't even understand Wombat's role. Is it literally there JUST so Shinori can clear [/i]one[/i] person? Also flavourspec but why on earth would the Shinori role always scan town?

And I don't like Wombat's reaction to me not properly understanding what Paranoid meant. You could have just said "dude, your understanding of paranoid is wrong", and explained it like I just did, but instead you turn it into a slight scumread?

And I'll get to Elie's posts now.

huh, I still don't see why you'd claim early if you always show as innocent. Millers claim early because if they're scanned, going "oh I'm miller" by then is too risky for town to not lynch. It's not even clearing Shinori of anything since you just declared you'll always scan as innocent.

@BBM: Yeah I may have overreacted there. Given my role, I had been thinking about inno scan utility wrt this game for a while so the partially paranoid thing seemed obvious to me. Also, I didn't like how you were using the rules to discredit Shinori's claim, but that may have been biased too because I was predisposed to believe Shinori.

It doesn't clear Shinori but it gives his claim credibility imo. I think he's town and therefore I'm willing to claim to keep him from being lynched right now. Also, now he can scan me N1 which is more useful than him scanning someone who will show up guilty. I kinda wanted to hold back because I hate claiming, but the benefits were worth the cost imo.

eh, fair enough

we need hammer to lynch, which is 10 or possibly 11 votes, and no one's even close.

Psych (4): scorri, Snike, Shinori, Shin
Naglfar (3): eclipse, Levity, Wombat
Elieson (3): BBM, Rein, kirsche
kirsche (3): Manix, Gyarados, Naglfar

Shinori (2): Psych, SB

These are the current "wagons", I'd leave Shinori out for the night, but which wagons are people willing to consolidate on?