QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope

no because whatever you post on (especially) facebook or twitter can bite you in the ass later

plus i'm not too big on socializing nor do i care about my friend's friend's friend's birthday or farmville progress

Basically this, plus annoying people finding you

New question!

What is/are your favorite television show(s)? Since I have asked a question regarding favorite cartoon shows (while growing up), it would be preferable to exclude answers you have made to that question unless said shows also happen to be your favorite show (and for some reason you don't have other favorites to list alongside it). You don't have to name a specific show, but can rather opt to describe the types of shows you like if you want.

Probably going to go with House. I don't even care if the medical stuff is bullshit (surprisingly, from what I can tell, the information provided is accurate though I highly doubt the methods used are remotely plausible in a realistic situation, but I digress), as the drama and ideals explored made the show reasonably enjoyable to watch for all sorts of emotional reasons. Also worth mentioning I have an obsession with informative shows, such as Mythbusters or the various (mostly bullshit, though surprisingly still informative) survival shows.

Edited by Interest

I watch Big Bang Theory, reluctantly, I think it was better in its earlier seasons. It used to be about nerd culture and socially awkward people. Now it seems it's jst about a bunch of guys whipped by their girlfriends. At least Sheldon's there.

I also like Mentalist, I don't enjoy most other crime dramas due to having characters as boring as wood and no central plot, Mentalist averts these. I also like Elementary, for similar reasons and I enjoy Sherlock Holmes.

I also like informative television, but only if it's on a topic if I'm interested in.

I use Youtube more for my entertainment, subscribed to a bunch of gaming channels and Vsauce.

I still don't watch TV

But I downloaded both seasons of Earth's Mightiest Heroes and it was great

Shame it got cancelled

Avengers Assembled isn't as good in terms of writing, but it has its moments. It does have Roger Craig Smith, though.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Let's see:

Current programmes: 'QI', 'Sherlock' and 'Mythbusters'.

A bit older; 'A Town called Eureka' (just 'Eureka' in America), 'Babylon 5' and 'Stargate SG-1'/'Stargate Atlantis' (haven't been able to see enough of 'Stargate Universe' to put it on the list).

Even older: 'Yes Minister'/'Yes Prime Minister', 'Hogan's Heroes' (which I'm forced to watch on Youtube seeing as CBS never bothered releasing it in Europe) and 'Red Dwarf'. Yes, I prefer old comedies to modern ones.

If I'm gonna exclude the favourite cartoons thing, then I dunno what. I haven't seen many TV shows, and a lot of 'em never really stuck with me. I guess Firefly? Maybe, I'm just hesitant because I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but it's definitely up there. Or Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Edited by Nightmare

Young Justice.

And yes, I'm still upset about that.

Other than that I don't watch TV, aside from The Daily Show and Colbert. I used to watch Doctor Who(new series) and quite enjoyed it(stopped during 10th Doctor and just never got back in).

Definitely The Office. Probably should get around to watching Game Of Thrones though, apparently it's good or something.

Edited by Refa

current shows would be Mythbusters, Ultimate Spiderman, Digimon Xros, and some other thing.

other shows that aren't on air anymore would be:

Star Trek TOG/NG

Dragnet

Gunsmoke

The Rifleman

Twilight Zone

DCAU

Teen titans go

Naked City

Dad's Army

BlackAdder

The original SNL

Tom Corbett:Space Cadet

Super Friends

The Munsters

Ultraman

Kamen Rider

Our Miss Brooks

Digimon in general

Transformers Armada/Energon/Cybertron

Batman+Green Hornet from the 60s

Science-Mystery Theater

Alf

The Cosby Show

The Lone Ranger

Boston Blackie

Kojak

The A-Team

The Time Tunnel

Sharpe

Horatio Hornblower

Mr. Rogers

The Odd Couple

The Bob Newhart show

The Flash

Wonder Woman

Ducktales/Darkwing Duck

THE SUPER MARIO BROS. SUPER SHOW

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

POKEMON

I think that's a few of the ones i enjoyed.

oh and the Jackie Gleason show.

Edited by Esme.

The Sopranos is my favourite show of all time. Simpsons in its prime a close second. then in no order;

Futurama (1-4)

Spongebob (1-3)

Sherlock

Breaking Bad

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Dragonball /Z

Naruto

Death Note

Twin Peaks

Fist of the North Star

Seinfeld

Tom & Jerry

Fawlty Towers

I like a lot of shows but gotta say Firefly 5eva

^this

Since it's "favorite", I won't bother listing more.

Edited by Euklyd