QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from something like pushups, never much did, nah. I mean to get in something resembling shape sometime don't we all, yes I know etc, but the closest things to activities I have an athletic drive towards are swimming and martial arts, and less the fighting end of the latter in favor of forms. Which I'll admit was at least for me in large part dancing, but with punches and kicks. I did spar, but the most comfortable I really got with it was just treating it as something necessary to advance in rank. Though I'm grateful that it taught me at a young age that both girls and smaller/younger kids could kick my ass

Martial arts, specifically Tae Kwon Do,* at least, seemed to less so demand arm strength (though it never hurt) as much as leg strength, flexibility and stamina. Not sure about swimming, though I've been assuming it's comparable.

[spoiler=*]">TKD," yes I know I'm well past any form of toughguy "HOW DARE YOU IMPLY KICKY=KICKS MIGHT NOT BE THE ABSOLUTE MOST PRACTICAL OR EFFICIENT MARTIAL ART EVER" posturing, honest

[spoiler=doesn't making this addendum at all suggest that it might indeed be a sore spot of some kind, you ask]shut up

I also might have a dumb, hard-to-specify image problem where I somehow to want to look as nonthreatening as possible, so I have this further-hard-to-define apprehension regarding bulking up in general. Possibly not the most reasonable explanation for avoiding what health benefits I'm sure must come with prudent lifting, I know

I would like to be able to at least do a pullup, though. In case I find myself hanging off the edge of a cliff or something. (not sure if the exercise actually translates directly, but anyway)

And maybe also because I still remember in middle school P.E. admiring the girl in our "actual gym workout" unit who was the only one in our group who could do a single rep, and could indeed bust them out

New question! (Time to ruin this thread)

BRO, DO YOU EVEN LIFT? In all seriousness, I'm just curious how much everyone's able to bench. If you don't bench...well...make a guess I suppose.

Since I'm in the latter group, my guess is a (very) generous 80. I don't bench (it would be nice to have a spotter and the equipment) so what can I say? I'm pretty weak too.

I do not lift and i know i have had trouble merely handling the bar withouth weights on it... so like ~20 pounds or something?

Yeah, though I'm stuck on freeweights that are too light for me because my mom is all like "girls shouldn't get bulky blah blah blah"

Well fuck who's lifting all your heavy shit for you huh

I do not like lifting single bags of stuff over 40lbs tho

Not that 40lbs is even remotely heavy for me but they like to break right in my hands and the contents come out fucking gravity fucking fragile bags

40lb metal plates? can carry several no problem. One bag of fertiliser? much more trouble unless I go the shoulder route I guess but then I get fertiliser on my shoulder nope

Fucking beauty standards etc

I want muscles like Chris Hemsworth ffs fuck beauty standards

I have 15 lb freeweights for each hand since my art teacher gave them to me as he had them and I liked to lift, but they're kinda light now and I want 25s but I can't afford them myself :x

Edited by Thor Odinson

I just started hitting the gym again and im benching 10 reps of 155lbs

dunno how much my oneshot max is

back when I was in high school though, id bench 185

Edited by Pride

Eh I get a lot of comments IRL telling me I'd have made a really good boy and doesn't help that people over the phone tend to mistake me as my dad

shitty traditional gender roles clashing with my attitude etc

Edited by Thor Odinson