QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you shop?

Hmmmm Target, Walmart, Kroger, GameStop, Kohl's, TJ Maxx, I used to go to Hot Topic more but I guess not really anymore... sometimes I'll just go to a shoppy place in this shoppy mall that interests me at the time.

What nicknames have you gone by?

Kate, Katie, Kittykate, Cake (one of my brothers found that amusing for being so close to Kate =o)... I almost never get called by my full first name, usually I only do when I'm in school.

I've never had any kind of nickname that wasn't based on my first name~

How often do you get your hair cut?

Um.... it's fairly inconsistent. Atm, it's been.... Almost 3 years? I've been wanting a trim for a while but I am constantly too lazy to go out to get it trimmed~ And my dad wouldn't know how to cut layers I don't think... And I want to keep my layers ;u;

Edited by Freohr Datia

To the nickname question.

I've gone by Jedi or Jed compared to my full name of Jedidiah. Some people have also called me the Wanderer due to my pacing. Or in highschool the Lonely Wolf due to my distance from most people coupled with my bad luck when it came to girls

To the hair cut question. When I had long hair for seven years I trimmed it up every month or so, now with short hair again I keep it trimmed bout the same amount haha once a month

New Q:

Do you make purchases over the Internet? What, where, why? Yes, I know it's a follow-up question. No, I'm pretty sure I haven't asked this yet.

Most of my purchases come from either Amazon or Newegg. The purchases from the former are usually books, video games, and various foods that are close to impossible to acquire otherwise. Occasionally I also buy some electronics from Amazon. The latter I rarely purchase from, but that is because I buy major electronics such as computers or occasionally some sort of electronic accessory of sorts (decent headset or gaming mouse, for instance). I purchase from the former because I get a lot of gift cards and Amazon tends to be reliable. The latter I purchase from because they are also reliable, have a decent return policy (an absolute must if you're selling expensive computers and such) and are known to sell expensive hardware at low prices.

I've occasionally bought things on Amazon, and some stuff from the Nintendo eShop (that counts, right?). Other than that not really.

I would buy more, but I don't exactly have a lot of money, and I don't have many things that interest me to begin with.

Amazon and eBay! If we're talking online transactions, then a heckuva lot more considering how prominent those are nowadays.

I have bought lots of things off eBay mainly video games, occasionally game soundtracks and art books. Since I cant always find certain things anywhere else, so I like that I can find things online.

Edited by Shelie

Digital copies of games aside (Steam/e-shop)... rarely. Delivery is a pain (I have to be at home or trust my neighbors, so it always makes me paranoid as things tend to come exactly when my mother's out and I'm returning from work), and if it's defective getting a replacement is even worse.

Hmmm, lets see:

Amazon: games and hardware related stuff. The VAT of 21% on luxury products is a pain in the *** where I live. Also the selling prices are rather outrageous, especially for games (I think I can shave up 10 till 15% off the prices if I order at Amazon)

Bookdepository: I need to supply my (technical) literature somehow. Same as for games and hardware, technical (English) books are rather pricey over here. It helps that book depository has a free delivery service

Then again, I don't order that much to be honest.

steam, other non-steam distribution systems (gog, gamersgate, gmg, getgames, holy fuck there's a lot of gs there)

amazon, music and ebooks and textbooks and god-knows-what-else

newegg, computer gubbinz (haven't been there in a while)

itunes, music

and i ordered from target.com once (top experience, really, would recommend)

that's pretty much it

I like lolita stuffs ;u;

So far I've ordered from Fan+Friend, Bodyline, and Clobbaonline... The bodyline one should get here any day now... and I am getting quite tired of waiting x3

The clobba one was the one I made a topic over and it is being custom-made... and it's still being made ;n; I was told that the brand I bought from is really slow once it gets into the holidays so my progress got bumped back a lot, but he said it might be finished some time in January and I hope he's right ;~;

Otherwise I've made a couple purchases on steam, and I'll sometimes buy songs off of itunes!

Edited by Freohr Datia

Amazon, Victoria's Secret, eBay, Barnes and Noble (sometimes).

Amazon for games usually, Victoria's Secret for clothes usually (obviously), eBay for whatever as an alternative, and Barnes and Noble sometimes for books. But not often. Usually it's Amazon.

Edited by FloFlo

Amazon. Ive made a couple of purchases there. HBO's official site shop cuz of that sweet, sweet Game of Thrones swag. I usually buy concert tickets online through the venue itself. Unless its ticketmaster. Fuck you ticketmaster! Ill go through any other means BUT you! up yers!