QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'I have a dream.' That one day every person on this forum will control their own destiny. A forum of the truly free, dammit. A forum of action, not words, ruled by strength, not committee! Where the mods change to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where posting and justice are back where they belong: with people that aren't fucking morons! Where every man is free to think - to act - for himself! Fuck all these limp-dick mods and chickenshit posters. Fuck this 24-hour Internet spew of waifus and terrible opinions! Fuck Serenes pride! Fuck the forest! FUCK ALL OF IT! Serenes is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it - we need to pull it out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN! And from the ashes a new Serenes will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The weak will be purged and the strongest will thrive - free to post as they see fit, they'll make Serenes great again! ...In my new Serenes, people will post and argue for what they BELIEVE! Not for money. not for waifus! Not for what they're told is right. Every man will be free to fight his own flamewars!

NANOMACHINES CHROM!

Edited by terriblebook

exactly the sort of trying-too-hard rubbish the internet could do without. Let us wipe SerenesForest from existance.

TRYING TOO HARD?! WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE, A FACT THAT HEATHENS SUCH AS YOU KNOW NOT! I, TOO, SHARE IN YOUR DESIRE TO CLEANSE THE FORESTS. LET US NOT STRUGGLE, BUT JOIN TOGETHER AGAINST THE TIDE OF SERENES SARACENS!

okay everyone knows that i am the pope

and i did not say any of that.

WHEN THE WHITE SMOKE EMERGED FROM THE SISTINE CHAPEL, 'TWAS MY NAME THAT APPEARED, NOT YOURS! GOD CHOSE ME! HE HERALDED MY COMING WITH BOLTS OF LIGHTNING WHICH SMOTE MANY PAGANS! SI TACUISSES, PHILOSOPHUS MANSISSES, STULTISSIME!

It's a damn shame when even the mods want to purge the very site they mod... :facepalm:

But at any rate... I can't think of a site that I would want to purge, simply due to the fact that, if I hated the place, I wouldn't be there in the first place.....

Spiel of Nonsense

But it's not like I would oppose the termination of Serenes, with blokes like this...

'I have a dream.' That one day every person on this forum will control their own destiny. A forum of the truly free, dammit. A forum of action, not words, ruled by strength, not committee! Where the mods change to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where posting and justice are back where they belong: with people that aren't fucking morons! Where every man is free to think - to act - for himself! Fuck all these limp-dick mods and chickenshit posters. Fuck this 24-hour Internet spew of waifus and terrible opinions! Fuck Serenes pride! Fuck the forest! FUCK ALL OF IT! Serenes is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it - we need to pull it out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN! And from the ashes a new Serenes will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The weak will be purged and the strongest will thrive - free to post as they see fit, they'll make Serenes great again! ...In my new Serenes, people will post and argue for what they BELIEVE! Not for money. not for waifus! Not for what they're told is right. Every man will be free to fight his own flamewars!

NANOMACHINES CHROM!

TRYING TOO HARD?! WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE, A FACT THAT HEATHENS SUCH AS YOU KNOW NOT! I, TOO, SHARE IN YOUR DESIRE TO CLEANSE THE FORESTS. LET US NOT STRUGGLE, BUT JOIN TOGETHER AGAINST THE TIDE OF SERENES SARACENS!

WHEN THE WHITE SMOKE EMERGED FROM THE SISTINE CHAPEL, 'TWAS MY NAME THAT APPEARED, NOT YOURS! GOD CHOSE ME! HE HERALDED MY COMING WITH BOLTS OF LIGHTNING WHICH SMOTE MANY PAGANS! SI TACUISSES, PHILOSOPHUS MANSISSES, STULTISSIME!

So scraweth the pope, the bringer of all that is new and wonderful

e: V He is not bloke, he is pope.

ok

You know it's really trendy and all that you've come on here to shittalk the boards but like

A) trust me, we know better than you do how shit 95% of the community is

B) you're doing an impressive job of actually being worse than Forum Games people.

You're just... boring. You know? We've seen it before, monkeys cheese lol random etc, it's just not original and it was never entertaining. Your target audience appears to be yourselves, and frankly I've a hard time imagining how even you find it satisfactory.

NANOMACHINES CHROM!

i lol'd

YOU MUST MAKE A SACRIFICE IN MY NAME! GOD SHALL BE PLEASED WITH YOU! I ACCEPT ONLY VIRGIN MAIDENS, FRESHLY SLAUGHTERED ON SUNDAYS.

I swear I've seen this before around here. Different person, different thread but it was very similar.

... Are these guys, like, trying to imitate me?

Do I have groupies?

Actually, no, I can't speak for all of us, but I at least have lurked around here for a while without an account coming to hate how this community is what represents FE to most peoples eyes. Considering posters have flat out left because of how the community acts, I do think it's time for a change. I just like saying stupid things that I think are funny :v

Actually, no, I can't speak for all of us, but I at least have lurked around here for a while without an account coming to hate how this community is what represents FE to most peoples eyes. Considering posters have flat out left because of how the community acts, I do think it's time for a change. I just like saying stupid things that I think are funny :v

Yeah but like

you are contributing to the problem

I've been on this forum for a couple of years now, even though I don't post, for...obvious reasons. I was even part of the FE12 project, so...yeah I think this community has been terrible and has been terrible for a while now. Hth.

Though I'll agree none of you are quite as sad as people who furiously masturbate to ThemselvesTheir Avatar fucking a ten-year old girl, you're putting a lot of wasted effort into what is, essentially, still being annoying. Not unethical or disgusting, but annoying.

The thing is that the small elite of decency within the forums met when they were like 16 and now they're 18-20 and don't give a shit about FE anymore, let alone care about its reputation.

The thing is that the small elite of decency within the forums met when they were like 16 and now they're 18-20 and don't give a shit about FE anymore, let alone care about its reputation.

I must say I'm impressed you managed to put up with this stuff for as long as you have...

I think you may.

..my condolences.

Hi Tangerine, this is like meeting in a typhoon but still, how are you?

nah i've been pope for longer

And the people who do this in other communities leave when this happens.

I used to be a part of a big rom hacking community (Acmlm's). I really don't rom hack much anymore, I'm just helping with some portraits for someone else's project.

I'm not a part of that community anymore. Hell, I don't even know if it still exists. But I do hang out with other people from those communities still. We made offshoot boards and the like to keep hanging out with eachother even after we lost interest.

Hell, even SMW Central, full of bronies and furries and generally creepy people... is still focused on SMW and the romhacking of it. Everyone there is still there to talk about THAT.

If you don't like Fire Emblem you probably shouldn't be here.