QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

New question!

What computer programs do you use most frequently? (i.e. should legit speak for itself that I'm referring to software and stuff, since I know someone's going to deliberately misinterpret the question). On some older versions of Windows it's possible to see how often you use programs, but I can't seem to find such a thing nowadays.

Out of ones that don't automatically run in the background (which means things like my internet connection-related software, Dropbox, Power Managing softwares, sound manager, etc), probably going to have to go with Windows Media Player, Skype, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Word, League of Legends, Steam (as in I do open up Steam after it begins autorunning on startup - also applies to Skype), and the Battle.net client (this means WoW, Hearthstone, Starcraft, and Diablo). Open Broadcaster software gets a honorable mention as well.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum had a glitch in Animal crossing well I think it was a glitch (She actually has had heaps) this one time she told me she had one of her animals flying through the air past her on the screen...

Google Chrome. Windows Media Player. Skype. Wait a minute...are you sure you're not me? Microsoft Word. Eclipse. Gyazo. Various emulators.

Browser: Chrome

IM: Pidgin & Skype

IRC: Irrsi

Music Player: Banshee

Text Editor: gedit

Image Manipulation: GIMP

Video Player: Totem

Torrent Client: Transmission

Edited by Makaze

Firefox, Skype, HexChat, Audacity, OpenOffice, various video game console emulators, VirtualDub, Dxtory, Notepad++, off the top of my head.

MPC-HC wouuld have been on that list, but I haven't watched anime since late 2012

Google Chrome, Skype, Xcode, and TextEdit, in roughly that order.

Secondary applications would be iTunes, Word, GIMP, and Steam.

EDIT: added iTunes

Edited by Euklyd

oh right also iTunes.

also also

CCCP

what is this? I'm familiar with the acronym, but probably not the one you're intending.

EDIT: Even for computery stuff, there's a few different meanings in use, it looks like.

Edited by Euklyd

CCCP

also also

what is this? I'm familiar with the acronym, but probably not the one you're intending.

EDIT: Even for computery stuff, there's a few different meanings in use, it looks like.

I think it's the Combined Community Codec Pack.

Or at least that's the first thing I think of for it.

Internet Explorer, Spider Solitaire, Mahjong Titans, Paint, Word, Notepad, iTunes.

reading_a_text_when_you_wake_up_at_4am-8

oh right also iTunes.

also also

Combined Community Codec Pack?