QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember precisely what he said. Everyone was talking about less-known guitarists they were a fan of and I mentioned his name. He gave an "are you serious" chuckle and then said something about him being unimaginative and his music being heterogeneous. But that was several years ago when I'd first listened to most of the guys from candyrat.

Which reminds me. Don Ross.

Is that his general opinion of candyrat guitarists, or Andy McKee in particular? Also, I'm not entirely clear on what it means for music to be "heterogeneous." Like, any song or tune could have multiple ideas within it, or that you can strip it of its parts easily, or...?

yis. I have his live album and desperately want more. Ebon Coast, Dracula and Friends Pt.1, and Afraid to Dance are some of my favorites. Michael Hedges is also pretty awezome.

New question!

Did/Do you play an instrument? If so, which one? Singing with your voice counts as an instrument in this case.

I personally used to play a little piano and I played the flute for quite a time. I even have it still.

Uh, I'm a bad singer but I really enjoy singing so I'll include it here. I play guitar, and have played the clarinet and baritone saxophone in the past. I hate the clarinet, but I loved the sax. I just can't afford a good one.

All you gotta do is punish your hands. Let them know that you mean business here. You have to set goals and if they fail hit them with a newspaper in the nose or something.

That'll teach em good

I teach my brother licks and riffs every now and again. "My hands hurt," he says. "Be a man," I reply.

My calloused hands make me a superhero.

New question!

How do you spend your weekends?

I typically spend them sleeping, lying down, and generally doing nothing. Really...

While at school:

--Friday: Get a little homework done. Emphasis on little. Then find something to do with friends.

--Saturday: If it's a particularly difficult concept, or a lot of problems I have to do, I'll do a sizable portion of homework. Then proceed to not give any bothers the rest of the day.

--Sunday: Finish what hasn't been done. Chill out.

Not in school:

--Goddammit why won't my city hire temp workers. I'm bored here jesus christ what can I do? Internships are impossible too, I simply don't have enough physics classes under my belt yet.

--Wait for someone to ask if they want to hang/ask myself if I really want to.

My weekends? During the school year, it's the day that I try to catch up on neglected studying and homework from the weekdays. And when there's not much going on academic speaking, I go out with friends, sleep in, and relax at home.

Even moar questions to be had!

There are those times when you may have a distinct loss of faith in humanity. For instance, my recent perusal of what transpired at the VMAs (thank you, r/funny) has caused a significant decrease of my faith in humanity (thanks, Miley). With such a bleak outlook, it's nice to have something on hand that makes you feel better, to restore your faith in humanity.

Therefore, the question for today is: What one thing would you link to help restore someone's faith in humanity?

Personally, I would probably go with this. Good feeling of epicness to be had and it shows a strong sense of collaboration (this is way more apparent if you actually play the game). It's a video game, but you know what? I can dream.

[spoiler=Found another?]tumblr_ms0wodZkzA1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Edited by Interest

Nope. I agree.

Since the beginning, there have been shitty humans and amazing humans. I tend to focus on the good things that we have done and continue to do.

edit: To answer the question, I don't ever "lose faith" in humanity. I never had it to begin with. I have seen, on both ends of the spectrum, what we are. I want us to lean towards the "good" end of the spectrum as much as possible.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

This one should be fun.

What’s your favorite cartoon show growing up? If you don't have one, you can instead opt to name a favorite show you watched growing up (or you can answer that you didn't watch television, etc).

Mine's probably Tom and Jerry. Good ol' silent slapstick and it's hilarious how crazy and elaborate the cat and mouse war can get.

So many. Just so many.

I wouldn't say I was quite a kid-- no, I was in 7th/8th grade when this dominated my mornings, but Zoids: Chaotic Century. I love that show.

Yu Yu Hakusho is pretty close though, as I liked it so much that I skipped meals and actually ended up bending my entire family's dinner schedule to watch it while it was on Toonami.

Too many good cartoons in my childhood but my top 3. Dungeons & Dragons TV series, Robotech Macross Saga, and Transformers more than meets the eye

Others I enjoyed watching. Voltron, G.I. Joe, He-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Bravestarr, Captain N and the Game Master, Silverhawks, TranZor Z, and M.A.S.K.

Make that a top 4. I forgot Thunder Cats. /shame I keep remembering more cartoons.

Edited by Siruppercut