League of Legends

Depending on which server you register, I may or may not be able to help.

Most people here are on NA, but a few of us are from other regions. I advise, for the sake of lag/ping, you register on the server you live in.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently watching the Battle of the Atlantic, NiP vs. KMT.

It's fifteen minutes in, and I can count the number of attempted ganks by both sides on one hand. That's. . .lame.

Oh god Raven, Psych sorry for playing so bad today ;__;

np, i couldn't do much in that particular game either, that fucking yasuo and skarner man.

on the topic of yasuo, i'm pretty shit with him. I have no idea what to itemise first

So, did a wee bit of smurfing. Nothing like seeing my team's Sivir buy a Ravenous Hydra. ;/

Oh my god lawl.

Edit: Did I shamelessly plug this article here yet? I'm thinking of posting it onto Reddit but I have some revisions to do (to eliminate verbosity) before doing so. Constructive feedback would be fantastic.

Edited by Interest

np, i couldn't do much in that particular game either, that fucking yasuo and skarner man.

on the topic of yasuo, i'm pretty shit with him. I have no idea what to itemise first

Well, the highest ranked Yasuo I know(I Got Pubstomped) rushes Shiv into BotRK. After that is usually LW and IE, boots somewhere along the path.

I have no idea what kind of drug this Skarner had, but i want it too.

^^

Also i'm so looking forward to try Yasuo in his free week, fail and feed hard and decide against buying him, until his sexyness overwhelms me and i do it anyway :D

Oh god Raven, Psych sorry for playing so bad today ;__;

no, i had a pretty bad jinx game, like utter shit

I also proceeded to lane twice against yasuo, once zyra mid and once shen top

I fed outrageously and only went semi-even cause i got double kills each time I tp'd as shen

You are aware that runes are in the process of a lengthy review and there is DEFINITELY a rework coming up. If you weren't before, you are now.

Otherwise, hmm. Poro-snax!

Good to know, but it's worth pushing the point through ;P

Actually - any possibility of a link to a source? That could be very helpful.

Edited by Interest

The article feels really. . .unfocused. I think it would help to split it into runes and other stuff.

Everything on my main account was either a gift, obtained via IP, or obtained via the 400 free RP an account gets when it hits level 3. Granted, my champion pool looks thin, but I can work with what I've got. A new player has to learn the champions, so I think using a bunch of RP to buy a load of characters would be a waste of money. Hell, I'm still getting the feel for the majority of the champions, and I've played for over a year!

(BTW, I still suck with Master Yi and Garen, despite both of them being in the dirt-cheap tier)

The article feels really. . .unfocused. I think it would help to split it into runes and other stuff.

That's something I'm kind of realizing as I make revisions. I think I have a way to make it work, however.

Edit: Made some revisions. Hopefully it makes my idea a little more clear.

Edited by Interest

Your article has a lot to say. I read like no one's business, and I got bored right around 1C. I think that runes and their pricing scheme could use some improvement. . .but do you think you can express yourself in, say, two-thirds of the words you're currently using?

However, I also think that in terms of champions/IP, Riot could do a better job of rotating people. For example, I remember seeing Rengar free twice in a row (and he's one of those guys who I don't intend on buying if I can help it). . .and poor Yorick is on a longer drought than Draven used to be. While it's not perfect, it'll give the new players a chance to experiment with more characters, which in turn means that if they're the type to buy champions with IP, it'll (hopefully) be a more informed purchase!

Edited by eclipse

Your article has a lot to say. I read like no one's business, and I got bored right around 1C. I think that runes and their pricing scheme could use some improvement. . .but do you think you can express yourself in, say, two-thirds of the words you're currently using?

However, I also think that in terms of champions/IP, Riot could do a better job of rotating people. For example, I remember seeing Rengar free twice in a row (and he's one of those guys who I don't intend on buying if I can help it). . .and poor Yorick is on a longer drought than Draven used to be. While it's not perfect, it'll give the new players a chance to experiment with more characters, which in turn means that if they're the type to buy champions with IP, it'll (hopefully) be a more informed purchase!

If anything should be mentioned, it's Ashe being free so many times. I remember when I first joined around Zac's release, she was free and the week later, she was still free. I thought she was actually a permanently free champion at first. Funny should I mention since she's also on the rotation right now.

If anything should be mentioned, it's Ashe being free so many times. I remember when I first joined around Zac's release, she was free and the week later, she was still free. I thought she was actually a permanently free champion at first. Funny should I mention since she's also on the rotation right now.

Strange. I thought that joke was made with Caitlyn too.

I'll look into that. Trying to cut the wordiness at the moment. In fact, since I talked about price comparison stuff in earlier parts (these are very short remarks), I cut out like two paragraphs from 1C (it was one of the first parts I revised so it got kind of left behind).

Edit: I think the article is about as done as I'm going to get it. I tried to cut out as much of the pointless repetition as possible.

Edited by Interest

I've been getting some lagspikes myself. Just tried a bot match.

Wasn't happening this afternoon though. Maybe it's holiday traffic?

Edit: Gonna retry on posting that reddit thread in a few hours.

Edited by Interest

Actually nvm on my lag. It's just my internet ;(

I think there may be a storm where I am too. It's been raining on and off here.

On another note: Tried streaming with a facecam. The results...

[spoiler=Contains derpiness]l0mf5z7.png

Edited by Interest

3 years of playing the game does that

I have been playing for 1 1/2 half year and haven't even earned 200.000 IP D:

Interest, your article was interesting (sry couldn't help myself with the joke :P)

And i agree that the rune pricing is pretty off and at least for me a major turn off to invest in non standart-runes, but i'd like to know what you think about a "free rune rotation", simillar to the free champinon rotation.

This way new players could test how runes work and which runes they like, and more experianced players could try out rune sets that are tailored for a certain champ if said rune is free, so they don't have to buy and potentially (if they dont like the outcome) waste a lot of IP.