League of Legends

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So some chump decided to trollpick Sona (with Clairvoyance and Clarity) when someone had already locked in Thresh... Because a team member locked in LeBlanc instead of Kayle. We had no Jungler. Nobody dodged. Thresh stayed mid with LeBlanc while top lane Fiora carried us and we somehow won. +33LP.

Also 19 minute Baron ftw.

When thinking back to that, I should have gone Jungler since I was last pick. A nice tanky engager typically carries harder than an ADC nowadays. Sona and Thresh could have at least gone bottom together and then I'd have been able to apply some pressure across the map. But then who knows how they would have done up against a Nami and Caitlyn lane.

Edited by Raven

I chose Jinx. I went something like 0/5/? in laning phase with the troll Sona against Cait and Nami, but by the end of it I was 4/7/11.

I'm still unsure how to itemise an ADC after the recent changes. I think BotRK is the best way to go now in regards to first AD item, into an IE and PD (the minion block is real), topped off by two DBlades for the extra lifesteal. Need to test this some more.

Edit: I've also got 6900 IP saved up but don't know what to get. I want Lucian, Twitch and Gragas, and I am really curious about Nidalee.

Maybe I'll get Nidalee and Twitch. Nidalee is strong in both top and mid since her rework, and Twitch is also still strong and viable despite his nerfs.

Edited by Raven

I'm currently 8/3 in ranked. At this rate I'll reach Gold in like, 15 more games.

Haha, who am I fucking. I'll get a good win/lose ratio up to Silver 1 then lose my promos to Gold 5 like 5 fucking times or something and will never achieve the season 4 victorious skin.

Edited by Raven

AD itemization really depends on the AD. I you have strong ratios you pretty much want to rush IE now since it gives the same flat AD as BT now... though on the PBE BT has a unique +10% Bonus AD passive so if that goes live it'll be the choice for AD stackers like MF and Varus again. Since D.Blades give LS now you can stack a few and get away with not rushing a big LS item. Guys like Twitch still want to rush BotRK... to be honest if this BT change hits live it'll bring most BT ADs back to BT(and oh god some other champs, I'm looking forward to playing Riven with this thing)

I wont ever use ADC xDDD really, thats just not my thing. Whenever I have to use them in ranked I simply get Tristana and farm in lane then hit like a truck without depending of my teammates due she has the best scape abilities in a carry. I certainly dont have a diamond level in ADC for a reason xDDD, I will stick to top lane/jungler thanks.

Im back using Skarner after the rework, I used him very hard in season 2 and 3 and they started nerfing him hard. He is back in the field now! Its time for some FEEL MY STING again and destroying pussy carries xDDD

ADC itemization I've been trying and think is pretty good:

Cait/Trist: Double Dorans -> IE -> PD -> LW -> BT/Botrk -> Defensive. Zerkers timing depends on backs and whatever. With the introduction of scaling health per hit on Dorans as opposed to the stagnant return on hit, it's less essential to have a lifesteal item whereas before the Dorans wouldn't scale at all effectively forcing a BT or Botrk opening. Double Dorans into IE gives you a decent amount of lifesteal and IE is a high damage item.

I think a Botrk start wouldn't be too horrible on either considering the power shift from the active to the passive. Now the active part is diminished in importance which functions as an effective nerf to AD casters like Zed who used Botrk. Though AD casters were also nerfed by the BT changes and the reduction in flat AD on Dorans.

Lucian: I like double Dorans -> IE -> Botrk -> LW -> PD -> Defensive/Shiv. Can see a Botrk start because honestly the passive is probably way too strong right now.

I think most AD paths will either be double Dorans -> IE or Dorans -> Botrk just because those two items are the only ones that can stand out alone now with the falling of BT.

Defensive lane where the opponent is stronger in lane and BT is better actually. But Dorans to IE or Dorans to Botrk is the path I'd suggest most. And with Lucian honestly depends what kind've way you build him. I've done both Botrk and IE starts and it just changes how you play early. Though Botrk start makes the Ult stronger, so if we play a Siege comp I do that no matter what the lane.

I honestly can't think of an Adc where the optimal build path doesn't start dorans - IE/Botrk. Except Urgot but we don't count him.

So BK has it right. *Parrots*

Right now I think my toplane pool is acceptable, but my jungle and ADC need more variation. I'm sure every semi-commited ADC player owns Lucian, so I think he would be a reasonable purchase.

I am also in need of support runes like gp10.

yeah but with his nerf Caitlyn/MF/Kog/maybe sivir or trist are a much better pool

Cait is always safe, Kog is in meta some how, and MF has the highest ADC winrate, but you could trade her for Draven depending who you work with better

I do own Trist, Jinx, Cait, Sivir and MF, but I hardly ever use the latter 3 when playing the role. I could use them more often to learn

I may well go for Twitch and Gragas. That would extend my ADC pool, as well as toplane and jungle because Gragas top and jungle is real.

yeah but with his nerf Caitlyn/MF/Kog/maybe sivir or trist are a much better pool

Cait is always safe, Kog is in meta some how, and MF has the highest ADC winrate, but you could trade her for Draven depending who you work with better

Lucian nerf is less significant than most people think. All it did was limit his versatility so he has to push waves slower or whatever.

However, his passive with the new IE and Botrk changes ensures that whatever path you choose, you can either (with IE) abuse the crit RNG more with double shot, or double proc Botrk. Both options are good for Lucian. The changes to on hit Botrk are very strong and with itemizations changes to attack speed means Lucian is still pretty amazing.

I've been cutting Tforce off Lucian because I'm pretty sure Tforce scales less hard than a PD if you get enough items. The only times I ever built Tforce in the past was to snowball a won lane.

IMO on current good ADCs: Kog'Maw, Jinx, Cait, Trist, Lucian, Twitch, Vayne (certain matchups I guess).

I'm not too sure on Sivir and I felt MF was on net nerfed by the changes since she's one of the more AD caster oriented ADs.

Right now I think my toplane pool is acceptable, but my jungle and ADC need more variation. I'm sure every semi-commited ADC player owns Lucian, so I think he would be a reasonable purchase.

I am also in need of support runes like gp10.

For pure power on this patch? Lucian with the BoTRK/Ghostblade build. Caitlyn with IE, or Twitch with BoTRK/Ghostblade.

Nobody has fun playing Cait.

Corki's not bad, either. I would stay away from Jinx, Vayne, MF and Ashe.

I believe Quinn is more suited for the top lane considering her below average marksman range. And up there, she's a beast from what I've heard. Also I've had a few AI games with her, she's an AD monster.

As for ADCs, I already own Ashe, Jinx and MF. I'd say Jinx is my main ADC, but I think I will go for the Lucian for any matchups I'm unsure of. He'll be my purchase. Then I'll save up for Gragas, I think.

The main problem with Quinn is that you "cant balance" her thing xDDD. She cant just become a melee character without being op like she was in the first days or while being "almost useless" because she cant build any kind of tankyness being an ADcarry and so if she goes melee as Valor she will simply die, but she cant go to solo top much either due the lack of scape abilities... Its just pretty hard xDD

Just another of those "hard to balance" chapters, less badly it wasnt like Mordekaiser, who first was op, then was shit, then was op again, then was shit again and now its "ok" but still not used because his skill moveset isnt that good for the team xDD, but the fact that its the best farmer in the game and can be full build min 25 its really something

Quinn indeed is a toplane. Her ult sucks for 2v2 (who wants to go melee 2v2 as a squishy), same for E (in addition to getting countered easily, for example by Thresh E, being a free hit for Leona combo and so on). You can do fine on botlane, but she's inferior there. I'd rather play another adc.

She's great for top (crushing melees like Riven for example) and is able to splitpush well - she won't become mainstream, but she has her niche.

The main problem with Quinn is that you "cant balance" her thing xDDD. She cant just become a melee character without being op like she was in the first days or while being "almost useless" because she cant build any kind of tankyness being an ADcarry and so if she goes melee as Valor she will simply die, but she cant go to solo top much either due the lack of scape abilities... Its just pretty hard xDD

Op.. first days? I don't understand.

Didnt her ultimate got nerfed/changed several times when she came out? I remembered at first Valor was pretty disgusting, too much mobility, damage and hard to kill/chase... Or did I simply dreamt that and it was always a bad ultimate xDD? (Too many champs/patches I may be wrong, dont feel like checking the patch notes right now xD).

Still many people use her as an ADC, as top is good vs some matches but the lack of scape abilites is really a problem, plus there are many things that can sustian/bear her in lane despite the harass or being ranged, mainly because she doesnt have cc as well to kill or catch you, but she denies pretty well some match ups thats right.

Lucian nerf is less significant than most people think. All it did was limit his versatility so he has to push waves slower or whatever.

However, his passive with the new IE and Botrk changes ensures that whatever path you choose, you can either (with IE) abuse the crit RNG more with double shot, or double proc Botrk. Both options are good for Lucian. The changes to on hit Botrk are very strong and with itemizations changes to attack speed means Lucian is still pretty amazing.

I've been cutting Tforce off Lucian because I'm pretty sure Tforce scales less hard than a PD if you get enough items. The only times I ever built Tforce in the past was to snowball a won lane.

IMO on current good ADCs: Kog'Maw, Jinx, Cait, Trist, Lucian, Twitch, Vayne (certain matchups I guess).

I'm not too sure on Sivir and I felt MF was on net nerfed by the changes since she's one of the more AD caster oriented ADs.

Twitch/Lucian/Cait/MF are the ones I'd say are best right now. Trist/Kog/Jinx are good but not quite up with the others.

In counter to your comments about MF, it did nerf her to a certain extent, but she actually hurts a lot more towards late game, due to the buffed w passive. It took away some of her dominance in lane but she still is as strong, I think, just differently strong now. Also I don't build her Caster anymore, I have found she's stronger as an AA adc right now. Like, if you are level 16 with maxed q and w and r, you can get up to 48% AD bonus damage if you can get the stacks up. I know most people, any good adc, probably knows that, but the height it can get to still staggers me a little. That's a LOT of damage lategame.

Vayne is only good in the right comp/lane. Despite maining Vayne for most of S3 (Who didn't) I only have brought out Vayne this season when I knew the comp/botlane matchup I was going into. Except a few normals where I've been working on her where I didn't care who I matched up against.

Sivir isn't good really at all except for her utility right now. I'd say she's a decent teampick, but in soloq I really don't recommend it. Also, if you're GOOD at Draven, put him up there. Because he is scary to face in the right hands. But I've seen too many players with mistakes in their Draven mech. You NEED to be able to catch those axes in teamfights without getting blown up.

EDIT:

And in regards to Quinn, she's not a strong adc but if you know her kit well you can out-trade the other adc 90% of the time early. (Unless it's draven, then you just run.) She snowballs really well too. She DOESN'T match up to other adcs if you can't come out of lane ahead tho, so it's really something you only pick if you're confident at her. A lot of people under-rate her ability to win trades tho, and her ulti is the most misused R in the game. (Escape/Chase. Don't fight normal battles with it unless it's a 1v1, otherwise it's just dumb. And you deal a lot of damage with your procs that don't appear while you're in r form.)

Edited by bladescape