League of Legends

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the only must bans are Eve and Kassa. Yasuo got some harsh nerfs (he's still strong of course) and I haven't seen a strong Maokai top yet.

Lately I'm starting to feel I'd rather ban Yasuo than Kassadin. There's a lot of good counterplay to Kassadin, and he no longer has a silence.

Kassadin is still just an extremely annoying champion to play against, so I think it's legitimate. So is Eve, for that matter.

Maokai doesn't need to be good, really. Just needs to be there. If the person knows how to initiate and peel, he's amazingly disruptive, and Twisted Advance laughs at Flash.

Edited by Siuloir

A new tibit came out on who is going to receive the newest Ultimate skin. The fourth letter of of one of their abilities starts with the letter A.

older tibias were:

1 : Six
2 : S
3 : Hide
4 : Assassin
5 : J

And the fact that the champion doesn't have an excessive amount of skins.

I think it'll be Vi.

AssAult and Battery. The Letter A fits.

Six: VI is the roman numeral for the number 6.

S: Got nothing...

Hide: Any Ideas?

Assassin: She's classified as an Assassin champion.

J: Her connection to Jinx?

She does have a total of 4 skins now though...

From the trivia page:

• VI is the number 6 in Roman Numerals. Because of this, many players are attempting to find some significance between the number 6 and Vi.
    • VI, being the roman numeral for six, could be a reference to her relationship with Caitlyn. This meaning that she has her partner's back, or in other terms her 'six'.
    • Vi's lore states that she became part of her former gang at the age of six.
    • This could also refer to the Sixth Amendment (of the USA), concerning criminal prosecution which is also a running theme of Vi.
    • The number 6 can be seen on Vi's left breast and on the badge on her police cap in her Officer Vi skin

She

Just

Got

A

Skin.

A riot staff specifically said it does not belong to a champion that has a recent skin or a champion with plenty of skins.

In other word, it won't be champions like Vi, since she just got a skin, or champions with at least 4 skins range.

Dear Princess "I hate Vidya Gaems"

Today I learned that when Twitch is the only source of damage on his team, he'd better pray to every single deity he knows of that his team can give keep Olaf and Vi away from him, else we end up with a 55 minute game that feels like 3 hours before losing.

My money's on Elise. She's overdue for one.

Unfortunately, she already has a recent skin, which is Victorious Elise, combine that with model changes for four models she use (Human, Spider, Spiderlings, and Volatile Spiderling.) I don't think it's possible for Elise to have Ultimate Skin unless they have 10 staffs working on it which isn't efficient.

The best candidate would be Skarner as he's OVERDUE for one, and combined with the fact he has a leaked skin. (However, riot said Ultimate skin doesn't share names with other skins, so Battlecast is out of question.)

Lately I'm starting to feel I'd rather ban Yasuo than Kassadin. There's a lot of good counterplay to Kassadin, and he no longer has a silence.

Kassadin is still just an extremely annoying champion to play against, so I think it's legitimate. So is Eve, for that matter.

Maokai doesn't need to be good, really. Just needs to be there. If the person knows how to initiate and peel, he's amazingly disruptive, and Twisted Advance laughs at Flash.

IMO Kassadin lost a lot of counterplay since his mobility got increased and his resource got trivialized (who cares about mana when you get several hundred from one W ~~) - he doesn't have to build tear anymore and is able to counterbuild ad as easily as he counters ap. Gauntlet + Hourglass and so on. The rework was a total fail in my eyes.

Yasuo got great counters and is easy to gank - still strong as I've said but I see counterplay. Eve is just retarded, perma stealth is op, impossible to balance and has no place in league (at least or especially after the ward rework).

I know Mao is annoying and I won't call him a bad top lane, I just haven't seen one making the game. That's why I won't ban him for now.

I kind of wish it would be Irelia or Talon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Yasuo given the hype surrounding him.

Oh god, please no - Talon's concept is so onesided and has almost no counterplay (as Kassadin), I don't want to see him played. Don't get me wrong, I like the champ appearance, the idea and even enjoy to play him, but his concept is bad. He just jumps on you and spams all his spells, there is hardly counterplay or skill involved (you can't do anything at all after he gets a lead in lane).

The ultimate skin will most likely go to Skarner or Evelynn, possibly Xerath.

Though I'm hoping Morello really was trolling us with the 4th letter A as Recall. My boy Kha'Zix needs a new skin doe.

Also hit Dia V a few days ago! Rumble pretty much carried me through Plat 1. Win lane, roam, win game. Severely underestimated champ.

Are there any Zed players/mains here? If I keep going at this rate, I'll be hitting plat and my champion pool mid lane only consists of Akali, Katarina, Talon, Riven, Pantheon and Ahri. I'm learning Diana right now, but given her similarities with Akali, she's a walk in the park. I honestly struggle to find a 1v1 she'll lose at level 6 (assuming she hits her q). I know Zed is said to be in a bad spot right now, but that's the time I mostly pick up champs so that I don't have to worry about nerfs.

Anyway, with Zed I feel as if my laning needs improvement, but is still relatively alright. The main problem I have with him is the team fights. I feel extremely useless without my ult and can't make any plays whatsoever without it. Heck, I honestly feel making a play before 6 is easier as Akali over Zed. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's like that, just I'm a bad Zed haha.

I don't main Zed.

But seeing as I can play every champions easily, and since I do play him too, I could offer my insight.

He's not in a bad spot at all.

First. Your ulti isn't so crucial to your combo, it's just there as a delayed finisher and damage amplifier. I means c'mon, you can get a penta with him if you played wisely. There's a video of a player who got a penta with zed alone without even using his ulti.

Second, his shadow e is actually delayed if you hit e while you send your shadow, it'll still damage at the location you sent your shadow to, so you can make interesting combo with that.\

Third, the meta doesn't favor him any more despite being a popular pick due to tankiness itemizations and more support being mage allowing them to heal/protect more.

The only assassins that live in this meta pretty well are Akali, and Rengar afaik.

The other assassins were either nerfed pretty harshly or outclassed by these two alongside the tankiness meta. (Akali gives 0 fuck about tank's hp as she can peel herself off and go on her priority again. while Rengar blow up someone and glues himself on.)

Edited by Fateborn

While Zed is playable, his counter items got too many buffs to make him a good champ. Zhonya's and Scimitar are way too strong and destroy his late - which obviously doesn't matter if you decide the game early. His laning and early ganks are strong, but I really wouldn't recommend to pick him up just because of no incoming immediate nerfs.

The only assassins that live in this meta pretty well are Akali, and Rengar afaik.

The other assassins were either nerfed pretty harshly or outclassed by these two alongside the tankiness meta. (Akali gives 0 fuck about tank's hp as she can peel herself off and go on her priority again. while Rengar blow up someone and glues himself on.)

I'd disagree about that - Kassadin and Eve are two of the strongest champs right now and outdo both greatly (well, Eve is played as a tank/bruiser, but Kassadin is an assassin for sure) - Rengar is great though, while Akali is imo one of the weaker assassins. Katarina is also fine.

Is that Yasuo the legendary skin that was hinted at? If so. . .wow, that was fast!

(also Essence Reaver price drop HELL YEAH~!)

So I think I may have just learned one of the problems Nautilus jungle has.

When his W is active, the shield for those that don't know, Quill Coat won't return damage to jungle monsters. Even though that thing is absolute critical to his clear potential it's also stopping a really important part of his build from being effective

Thanks Rito?

Time to go full AP Naughty

Edited by Eail