Unlimited Leveling

Jotari

So Awakening introduced something new to the series as an overall game play mechanic. Reclassing back to level 1 allowing a character to repeatedly level up until they've hit all their caps. What is your opinion on this? It is quite a significant departure to the current Fire Emblem formula but is it a needed change? Should an unlimited level up be something all future installments have or should Awakening's system be a once off thing? Would you like to see future games using the classic system where growths are the most important thing or would you rather see caps as the important thing for determining your character's overall power?

I don't particularly mind, since if you're not one for grinding, you don't have to, but it also lets people get the shiny stats if they want them. Generally I liked it. Although I wouldn't say no to something FE11 style but like a few unique classes (e.g Abel can go Cav, Archer or Mage, Cain can go Cav, Pirate and Curate).

Re-classing back into level 1 is complete and utter nonsense.

If IS wants to have infinite leveling... then they should simply raise the level cap.

And they shouldn't raise stat caps to absurd degrees just so they can have an excuse to artificially increase game length by sending the player through the leveling hamster wheel again and again.

Edited by BrightBow

I think it shouldn't return. It's so broken. I prefer DSFE style, no reset back to Level 1.

Of course, after the maingame, I don't see why Broken second seals shouldnt exist. But ONLY in postgame.

I think it shouldn't return. It's so broken. I prefer DSFE style, no reset back to Level 1.

Of course, after the maingame, I don't see why Broken second seals shouldnt exist. But ONLY in postgame.

this, so very much.

This would actually be a good step for making the game a bit harder, maybe not by a whole lot, but a good place to start.

Since giving us second seals by the time we reach level 10? along side skirmishes, game gets broken real fast.

Personally, I'm in favor of FEDS-style reclassing with FE:A style class sets, along with a return to the less grind-friendly format of older FEs.

Infinite leveling ultimately defeats the purpose of variable growth rates, since all they effect is how tedious it is to everyone's stats all maxed out, whereas with a limited number of levels they're much more important.

So no, infinite leveling shouldn't return, in my opinion.

Edited by Starlight36