Hard Trip

Mell

Okay... I was trying to make part of the Lunatic club but it's too hard for me, since I finished only normal mode.

Figures that I can't even get pass Chapter 2 on Hard, really, it's a pain. Anyone knows a good strategy? I really wanna know what I'm doing wrong...

(Sorry about my english, it's my second language =P)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pair up your avatar with Chrom and sit on the mountains to the left of where you begin. Have Fred pair with one of the other cavalry units and put him in the chokepoint between the mountain and the forest. Put everyone else in the bottom-left corner of the map if they're too frail to fight.

Edited by Raven

Im doing this, but is it safe to pair them up? I mean, I want to marry my female MU with Indigo and Chrom with Olivia, I'm afraid they get merried before chapter 14...

Oh...ok. Just passed chapter 2, at was a pain but I did it. Just one question: I know that female character pass down their skill alocated on the last skill slot. But the father? They need to know the skill to pass down? Since Chrom always pass down Aether

Oh...ok. Just passed chapter 2, at was a pain but I did it. Just one question: I know that female character pass down their skill alocated on the last skill slot. But the father? They need to know the skill to pass down? Since Chrom always pass down Aether

Chrom's a special case - he always passes down Aether to his daughters, and Rightful King to sons.

Fathers (other than Chrom) also pass down the last skill in their current five skills. It is usually a good idea to give a child a skill they don't normally learn. Like MaleMU could pass Counter down to a Sniper-Noire.

Also, Galeforce is usually recommended for Male Children, but since Cherche (example) can't be a Pegasus Knight, she doesn't have access to Dark Flier, which means Galeforce. So Cherche can pass down Dual Support+. Which would turn Gerome into an excellent support unit. (I prefer FeMorgan, or Nah)

Sorry if I didn't understand your question.

Oh, I got it. So is Sol a good skill to pass down, right? Other thing. What DLC should I buy? I mean, I bought that pack with the EXP map, gold and rare items. Should I bother to get any other?

well some good DLC to buy would be lost bloodlines 2 and 3 for the dreadfighter class (male only class) and the paragon skill. if you are going to use fliers than getting Smash Brethren 3 is a good option.

For the unit strategy you should decide which units you are going to use for a large part of the game and give them most of the kills. Have you been using the forts or have you been standing on forest areas because with a decent pair up you can almost dodge any hit.

Not to mention Fred/Olivia is infinitely better than Chrom/Olivia, RK is pointless.

Chrom x Sumia is probably best for in-game, no-grind (discounting Chrom x Avatar, and disallowing dance-grinding), simply because of the base stats for the kids.

I would not say that Frederick x Olivia is better than Chrom x Olivia, because with Chrom x Olivia Lucina gets Vantage, which is downright amazing (you're almost certainly not gonna be using Inigo in a no-grind run anyways, so I'm assuming we're talking about a with-grind run and/or postgame, so base stats don't matter).

And since Mell wants to marry Inigo, Chrom!Inigo would be best for not lowering Morgan's Spd, and for RK access (which is hardly a pointless skill, especially for Morgan, who has access to all the procs in the game sans Aether).

@Mell - Really though, you should be fine with any of Chrom's partners, since "optimal" pairings are hardly necessary. If you do want to have Chrom marry Olivia, just make sure you don't view any of Chrom's C supports with any of his possible wives, and then pair Chrom and Olivia up for her join chapter, or just have her dance for him several times.

Oh, I got it. So is Sol a good skill to pass down, right? Other thing. What DLC should I buy? I mean, I bought that pack with the EXP map, gold and rare items. Should I bother to get any other?

Sol is good for keeping units alive, but should only be passed down by someone like Gaius, whose kid can't get Sol normally (Sol is also a good skill to pass down if you're not planning to have that unit spend any time in Hero, I guess).

Regarding DLC, I'd say that LB2 & LB3 are very good (Dread Fighter and Paragon, and LB3 is the best map for high-level grinding), SB2 gives Bride, which is OK, and R&R3 gives Limit Breaker, which won't help you in-game but is fun to play around with postgame.

The list of DLC available can be found here.

Thanks Euklyd for the detailed info.

I just got past Donnel recruitment and I'm now training him with the DLC chapters to re-class him into a fine mercenary. He's so strong!

If you wanted to challenge yourself I would personally avoid playing DLC chapters and try to raise Donnel through side and main chapters. It's much more satisfying once he starts curbstomping. If you do too much DLC chapters you're going to be blasting through the rest of the main game. Unless that's what you like doing, then carry on.

In my Lunatic run, I did manage to recruit Donnel, but I haven't bothered raising him. He's simply too weak. I'm not using any DLC items or chapters though, but they would definitely help with raising Donnel, I'd imagine.

If I can get past donnel in lunatic and manage to train them with dlc... it'll be less painfull?

The last legitimately hard Lunatic chapter is probably Ch5, so if you can get as far as Donnel and use DLC, it'll be a breeze from there.