Could anyone tell me, or post a link to a good (not crap like 'Fire Emblem Experts' on tumblr) guide.

I would like to know the best supports for everyone for a regular run through, and a lunatic run through. I've seen one on IGN for TLO (The Last Ones... or something like that) but I would like more info like, what skills to pass down, what jobs should I make the characters go through to get the skills to pass down, and should I immediately drop the old characters when I get their children?

Also are any old chars worth using after obtaining the children? I was thinking Donnel would be good. Also I would be getting the children as soon as they're available.

Sorry if I'm asking alot, but I've done one play through already (though it was just a who I felt like pairing play through) and I want to do one capable of doing DLC maps (which I am, but not nearly efficient enough).

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can probably find a lot of that scattered through the pages of this thread.

But since I'm a bored nice person, here you go:

Lissa: Ricken, Libra, Henry

Olivia: Chrom, Libra, Frederick

Maribelle: Gregor, Lon'qu, Henry

Sully: Donnel, Gaius, Vaike

Sumia: Henry, Chrom

Cordelia: Stahl, Vaike, Lon'qu

Cherche: Frederick, Stahl, Kellam

Panne: Stahl, Gregor, Virion

Miriel: Gregor, Lon'qu, any other Vantage user

Tharja: Gaius, Donnel, Lon'qu

Nowi: Gaius, Vaike, Donnel

Avatar can replace anyone as they are the best parent. Priority for the special daughters should be Noire > Kjelle > Nah. Galeforce should be passed if possible. Maximize GF and Luna.

Thanks Duck, but umm is it a specific order as which is better?

For e.g. Maribelle: Gregor, Lon'qu, Henry, does that mean Gregor is better father of the 3? If so you have Gregor listed first twice, if not, does that mean any of the 3 (roughly) that you listed would be ideal?

Thanks in advanced. I'm relatively new to FE:A. What other skills aside from GF and Luna should I prioritize?

Edit: If they can't pass down GF or Luna, could you tell me what they should pass down?

Edited by Itadakimasu

For Maribelle and Miriel, both want Gregor for his Vantage skill, but only one can have him. Most people do Gregor!Laurent, because that gives him Vantage, Vengeance, Armsthrift, and Sol, so he can be invincible as a sorcerer, but he can also be used a a Sage with Vengeance and Vantage. Lon'qu also gives immense speed to whatever child he has.

They are in order from best to third best based on my experience with the pairing, what others recommend, and what I've seen others do.

For passing down, try to pass something the child can't get on their own or would be incredibly inconvenient to get on their own. Galeforce should be passed to Owain, Inigo, Brady, and M!Morgan if he exists. Say you do Gaius!Noire (You should), and you are wondering what skills to pass down. He gets the Fighter class, which she doesn't. He should pass the most useful skill from that class, which in that case is Sol. If you do Vaike!Nah, she should be handed down Axefaire, so she can put it to use as a Hero. I hope this helps you out.

I feel stupid for just noticing this... :sob:

Anyway I was wondering a few things;

With Virion x Sully, what should Virion pass down to Kjelle? I passed down Bowbreaker but realized that was a bad idea. Or am I better off pairing Sully with someone else?

Also, any good skill suggestions for Henry to pass down to Noire? I was thinking Lifetaker or Wrath, but wasn't sure...

One more question: How good is Lon'qu x Olivia stat wise? Is it really bad or is it average or great? If it was really bad, I would need to reconsider some things.

I feel stupid for just noticing this... :sob:

Anyway I was wondering a few things;

With Virion x Sully, what should Virion pass down to Kjelle? I passed down Bowbreaker but realized that was a bad idea. Or am I better off pairing Sully with someone else?

Also, any good skill suggestions for Henry to pass down to Noire? I was thinking Lifetaker or Wrath, but wasn't sure...

One more question: How good is Lon'qu x Olivia stat wise? Is it really bad or is it average or great? If it was really bad, I would need to reconsider some things.

Welcome to a trio of bad couples.

>_>

Virion is a meh father. He's similar to Lon'qu but pretty much exclusively worse. Kjelle benefits from him not.

Henry... is again, meh. He's good for Cynthia, and bad for basically everyone else, except maybe Gerome (who wants 'zerker), or doing weird things with Kjelle [sorc!Kjelle].

Lon'qu/Olivia is a waste. L'Q is great on people who need mods [severa, Brady] but pretty meh for anything else. Inigo needs Luna.

Welcome to a trio of bad couples.

>_>

Virion is a meh father. He's similar to Lon'qu but pretty much exclusively worse. Kjelle benefits from him not.

Henry... is again, meh. He's good for Cynthia, and bad for basically everyone else, except maybe Gerome (who wants 'zerker), or doing weird things with Kjelle [sorc!Kjelle].

Lon'qu/Olivia is a waste. L'Q is great on people who need mods [severa, Brady] but pretty meh for anything else. Inigo needs Luna.

Oh gosh... >.<;

I had a feeling Virion would be bad for Kjelle...another question please; Is Virion a good father for other children? Or should he be the one not to be paired?

I have Fredrick with Sumia, but I'll take Henry into consideration. Thanks for the advice!

Virion makes a pretty good father for Brady since he mostly wants mods, and an acceptable father for Yarne who likes Bowfaire.

Most likely you will want to leave one or some of Frederick/Kellam/Libra/Virion unpaired.

Oh gosh... >.<;

I had a feeling Virion would be bad for Kjelle...another question please; Is Virion a good father for other children? Or should he be the one not to be paired?

I have Fredrick with Sumia, but I'll take Henry into consideration. Thanks for the advice!

I pair up Virion with Cherche. The bow breaker works great with Gerome.

I pair up Virion with Cherche. The bow breaker works great with Gerome.

Bowbreaker really doesn't do too much for Gerome since he's mainly a support unit and shouldn't be a flier as a final class.

But, I think Virion!Gerome actually has the potential to be used because he gets Warrior naturally. With his high strength he can perform well as a Bowfaire Warrior or BK. I still prefer Stahl!Gerome, even if it's not Stahl!Severa.

Virion makes a pretty good father for Brady since he mostly wants mods, and an acceptable father for Yarne who likes Bowfaire.

Most likely you will want to leave one or some of Frederick/Kellam/Libra/Virion unpaired.

Oh, thank you! Most don't mention Virion as a father, so I was just curious about this. :) I left Kellam unpaired on my first run.

Bowbreaker really doesn't do too much for Gerome since he's mainly a support unit and shouldn't be a flier as a final class.

But, I think Virion!Gerome actually has the potential to be used because he gets Warrior naturally. With his high strength he can perform well as a Bowfaire Warrior or BK. I still prefer Stahl!Gerome, even if it's not Stahl!Severa.

Thanks for the advice! I paired up Stahl with Severa on my first run, but I'll keep that in mind.

Is Frederick/Tharja good despite the GK overlap? It still gives Noire good classes, despite pretty lame SPD.

Not really.

She's getting conflicting mods and neither Galeforce nor Vantage.

If you're not giving her Gale or Vantage, she's better off with someone like Ricken who makes her hit like a truck at the very least.

I like to pair Sumia and Frederick together. They work well together, espesially in harder modes as Sumia's speed allows her to double many enemies early game and Frederick's support bonuses give STR and DEF to Sumia: traits that Pegasus Knights fall short of.

I like to pair Sumia and Frederick together. They work well together, espesially in harder modes as Sumia's speed allows her to double many enemies early game and Frederick's support bonuses give STR and DEF to Sumia: traits that Pegasus Knights fall short of.

It's not good for Cynthia.

We get that. But this thread is about getting perfect children.

It's called the "Pairing Thread". I thought optimization wasn't the only subject...?

I get your point, though.

Frederick and Sumia have good synergy together, despite producing a not so hot child, but really, early game, who doesn't have good synergy with Frederick? He gives good bonuses to anyone. He is key to making Sumia usable early on, since she's so frail, but other than that, it's not much different from pairing him with Chrom or Avatar.

Anyway, I have a question of my own. Who's a good pair to Sully besides Donnel and Gaius? Those are the best because of Galeforce, but I think the Sully/Donnel pairing is hilariously bad from a story perspective, and Gaius is taken (by Tharja).

Edited by Malebolganone

I have other plans for little farmboy. ^^ Even if it means -1 Galeforce.

Thanks for the Vaike suggestion, though. It was actually the pairing I was going for early game.

Edited by Malebolganone

You can probably find a lot of that scattered through the pages of this thread.

But since I'm a bored nice person, here you go:

Lissa: Ricken, Libra, Henry

Olivia: Chrom, Libra, Frederick

Maribelle: Gregor, Lon'qu, Henry

Sully: Donnel, Gaius, Vaike

Sumia: Henry, Chrom

Cordelia: Stahl, Vaike, Lon'qu

Cherche: Frederick, Stahl, Kellam

Panne: Stahl, Gregor, Virion

Miriel: Gregor, Lon'qu, any other Vantage user

Tharja: Gaius, Donnel, Lon'qu

Nowi: Gaius, Vaike, Donnel

Avatar can replace anyone as they are the best parent. Priority for the special daughters should be Noire > Kjelle > Nah. Galeforce should be passed if possible. Maximize GF and Luna.

Hiya. I just finished my story playthrough for a second time. I figured now I'd go for a min-max playthrough, with a FeMU. Now, I plan on following this for the most part, but what should I do about FeMU? As in, what are ideal starting traits? +Speed-Luck? or...? I'd also know who'd be the best parent for Morgan with different traits.

I just have an end goal to make all of the children godly, and demolish Apotheosis.

Edited by Mousey

Hmmm... I seem to have reached a slight Impasse.

Can't really decide between these two sets.

[spoiler= Set A]

YFWmAuX.jpg

This one floats the same reason I picked Bride over other classes for Kjelle. She's ultimately Physically oriented. Not much changes that. Dark Flier is a Magic class, and it doesn't flow well with her, but going Bride lets her give roughly the same pair up bonus as DF while focusing physical damage and rolling Bows. Paired up with Laurent, I'd be switching between the two, occasionally utilizing Laurent's Vengeance.

Like last, I'd be benching Nah and Yarne.

[spoiler= Set B]

V2z6b3M.jpg

This set has Yarne as Kjelle's husband and therefore her partner. This shifts to Kjelle functioning similarly to Severa as an attacker/zerker team. The obvious downside to her performing that role is Kjelle's lack of SPD.

In this set, Laurent and Nah would be hitting the bench.

[Either way, Nah gets benched. Her mother's -2 SPD is inferior.]

[Context: No Limit/Rally Apo... again.]

I'd personally say the first one, since Laurent is potentially one of the best magic users in the game.

But what's with Ricken!Brady, Stahl!Inigo, and Sumia!Lucina/Chrom!Cynthia? That's kind of a weird thing to do.

On an unrelated note, your avi is really freaking me out (Although it always has).