• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are this beginners worhts: + Mag - skill (My Unit)for all this mothers ok?: Tharja( of course),Lucina and Aversa

And what are The best beginners worths for M Unit X Chrom = Morgan ( is one of the best pairings for e Female Avatar)

PS: all My questions,for lunatic mode

What are some of the things you can do with Chrom!Morgan other than 100% DS Double Agg?

Very little. Chrom is one of Morgan's worst fathers.

Are this beginners worhts: + Mag - skill (My Unit)for all this mothers ok?: Tharja( of course),Lucina and Aversa

And what are The best beginners worths for M Unit X Chrom = Morgan ( is one of the best pairings for e Female Avatar)

PS: all My questions,for lunatic mode

Tharja is extremely bad, but those should be OK ingame. For Apo though, going -Skl is a bad idea.

Chrom!Morgan is bad either way and doesn't care, but Lucina likes +Str, mag, Spd or Skl.

Chrom has no mods higher than 1, doesn't pass any new classes, passes one new (mostly useless) skill, and is a 1st gen father so pairing imbalance. The pairing can still be worth it for Chrom, Avatar and Lucina's sakes, but never Morgan's- you'd be hard pressed to find a father who gives him less.

That said, he's still Morgan.

Good evening, everyone! I just joined the site, as seeing I love this game, and I really would like some advice, if you all don't mind! I started a hard play through and am trying to get used to strategizing, and I read through some of the recent posts to get ideas on making an optimal team. My MU pairing will be with Chrome, and I am trying to make an all-Galeforce team. Can anyone help me with the most helpful pairings for hard (and possibly lunatic) mode and how I should work on declassing my characters? I just want to build a solid foundation and go from there. Thank you for any advice!

Also, I realized Gaius!Kjelle can be a 75 speed Wyvern with hero or berserker pair-up. Is that setup worth using?

Yes, she's very good (basically Severa with Luna instead of Vengeance). I often advocate for Gaius!Kjelle over Donnel!Kjelle and Gaius!Noire.

Good evening, everyone! I just joined the site, as seeing I love this game, and I really would like some advice, if you all don't mind! I started a hard play through and am trying to get used to strategizing, and I read through some of the recent posts to get ideas on making an optimal team. My MU pairing will be with Chrome, and I am trying to make an all-Galeforce team. Can anyone help me with the most helpful pairings for hard (and possibly lunatic) mode and how I should work on declassing my characters? I just want to build a solid foundation and go from there. Thank you for any advice!

Welcome to SF!

You say you're playing on Hard... Do you just care about ingame and early postgame performance, or are you intending to tackle Apo? This matters quite a bit because there are a lot of pairings that are very good in one and very bad in the other.

Trying to maximize the number of galeforce units you get is a little odd. If you only care about getting them ingame, you won't have time to pick up all the children, so getting them in an efficient manner is much more important than using pairings that give GF to the children who lack it- Chrom x Sumia and Avatar x Cordelia is by far the best way to go about this, giving you six GF units (two single Galepairs and two doubles) out of only raising four parents.

In Apo, though, the number of units you have with GF actually doesn't make a difference- all that matters is the number of pairs where at least one unit has it. Pairs with two GF units are better than pairs with one, but not nearly as much better as pairs with one are than pairs with none. Additionally, units who have Galeforce but not an S support might as well not have it, because they'll be benched. This matters because there are twelve children plus Morgan, so if your Avatar marries first gen (say, to Nowi- important if you just care about getting as many GF units as possible) then you'll have 6 of one child gender and 7 of the other, forcing you to bench someone with GF. Therefore, the best you'll be able/want to do is use 8 pairs: Chrom and his wife (usually Sumia), six child x child pairs and one Avatar x chilld pair. Using Avatar-F over Avatar-M in this format does upgrade one of your single Galepairs to a double Galepair, but it's usually not worth it for GF alone.

Anyway, if you clarify exactly what you're going for I can give a lot more in-depth advice.

Yeah. Chrom x Avatar is very convenient. I was kind of curious after your comments about him a few pages ago..

Also, I realized Gaius!Kjelle can be a 75 speed Wyvern with hero or berserker pair-up. Is that setup worth using?

I love Gaius!Kjelle since she is in many ways functionally identical to LQ!Severa. It was something I noticed in their mods (Gaius!Kjelle is 5/5 Spd/Skl where LQ!Severa is 6/6). Replace Merc with Myrmidon and Vengeace with Astra/Luna and you get Gaius!Kjelle. 75 Spd Wyvern is a good choice but she can't proc stack with it. Either way it's awesome.

Welcome to the forest.

You're on you're first playthrough, don't worry about any of this pairing jargon for now.

An all galeforce team isn't something you'll see in Lunatic mode since some of the females with galeforce have an extremely hard time getting it without grinding (which would make the game easy anyway). Sumia and Cordelia are the strongest candidates for it. Your avatar can also get it depending on how much exp you funnel into her.

In most cases, it's a good idea to pair physical classes with physical class and magical classes with magical classes.

@Czar I don't think he/she has anything specific in mind. Just general guidance and idiot proof pairs. Admittedly I'm not very keen on good in game pairs aside from a few.

Actually she can procstack if she forgoes Lancefaire, and if she doesn't marry a Galeboy then she'll often have a higher damage output this way. Though unless Avatar marries Severa or Severa doesn't go Wyvern (or the unusual case where Avatar marries her himself) she'll wind up with the inferior Laurent/Gerome instead, so Severa still has that on her.

Wow thank you tons, Czar and Ownagepuffs! Since this will be my initial Hard play through, I guess I just want to optimize my team to help me learn the mechanics so I can dedicate time to Lunatic. I do plan to obtain all the DLCs, and probably save playing them for my Lunatic play through. For my hard play through, I will use a male MU, while I will use a FeMU for my Lunatic. If you don't mind me picking your brains again, what would be an excellent set up for a FeMU lunatic play through where I can obliterate opponents along with the DLCs (including Apo)? I do have a slight thing for being overpowered... And I'm still trying to figure out how to build reclass paths for each character. Thank you very much!

Edited by SorasKingdomKey

How many classes you can go through depends heavily on how large your team is, but Avatar-M usually likes reclassing to Mercenary and promoting to Hero. Avatar-F can do the same, but also likes reclassing to Pegasus Knight and promoting to Dark Flier.

If you haven't done a full playthrough yet (if you have, say so), doing one will teach you the basics dozens of times as fast as anything we can say, so I'd highly advise doing that. It's pretty hard to work yourself into a corner you can't get out of in Hard, so you don't have to worry about making mistakes.

Tharja is very bad.

...I have a file where I have a Noire-fathered Avatar, and pairing Tharja up with said Avatar is a pain...

Is this due to her... Less than useful skills?

Both Sniper and Assassin hit like wet noodles. Their main perk is their obscenely high skill which allows for very high proc rates. Snipers like to pair with either Sages or very hard hitting physical classes (General, Zerker, Warrior).

Of course it's viable and it works (Tricksters and Swordmasters could also spank Apo under no holds barred conditions). But we like to push it to the limit here.

So one of the drawbacks of marrying Chrom is that you can't pair Morgan with Lucina. However, a +Skl/-Def Morgan and Lucina can fight together with A support and still have 100% dual strike as long as they go Sniper x Sniper or Assassin x Sniper. Is this viable?

It's viable, yes, but if you do that you're just using a setup that's the same as all non-Lucina 100% DS builds, so you're losing out on the benefits of DS+ (DF x Sage, Sniper x Berserker etc). The reason DS+ is good is that it allows you to hit 100% without sacrificing all the power of a normal build.

...I have a file where I have a Noire-fathered Avatar, and pairing Tharja up with said Avatar is a pain...

Is this due to her... Less than useful skills?

...It's mostly due to language barriers, slightly repetitive questions and me deciding that being blunt was the best thing to do in the situation.

Tharja is bad due to causing a pairing imbalance, not having the required skills to be a useful wife to Avatar, and Noire not needing Avatar to get a full set in the first place, and she's especially lackluster compared to Lucina who is one of Avatar's best wives. Also I don't like her.

Yes, basically marrying any first generation character will generate a pairing imbalance in the form of a 2nd gen being unable to marry, as Czar noted above.

Now, this isn't necessarily the end of the world, so to speak, if you don't plan on using a particular 2nd gen of the opposite gender of your Avatar in the first place; you could always leave them as a spare.

But even so, there are other considerations to account for.

Particularly, on one hand we often have people who focus their considerations primarily on how the pairing effects the children. But another aspect of the pairing is how the married units fight together. After all, they will be each other's only S-rank, which will significantly promote having them fight with each other (including a higher dual strike rate than A-rank pairs would yield).

Due to having customizable mods and huge class access the Avatar tends to be one of the best units, particularly with respect to the first generation.

As such, you want to be able to use him effectively. So that means you also want to try pairing up the Avatar with a wife who can help leverage his advantages.

If you're going to be going with a first gen wife, you want to pair up the Avatar with one of the units who is already really good at combat. The wife having Galeforce is also a huge plus, letting the Avatar's pair contribute twice the number of attacks per turn.

Sumia and Cordelia are among the better 1st gen wives. They both have Galeforce/Dark Flier and generally very good skillsets, including offensive activations skills (Luna and Vengeance respectively).

Maribelle and Lissa are also Galeforcer units and have a better magic stat than Cordelia does, but they're lacking in activation skills or other useful combat abilities that Cordelia and Sumia have (Cordelia's Vengeance/Sol, Breakers, Sorcerer access for Nosferatu Abuse, Armsthrift, etc.; Sumia's Luna, Pavise, etc.).

Basically, Cordelia and Sumia are the Galeforce wives who really are built like heavy combat units. Maribelle and Lissa's skills and classes make them lean more heavily towards support units.

As such, Cordelia and Sumia tend to be among the better 1st gen wives in terms of contributing to fighting alongside the Avatar.

Olivia is also a Galeforce wife, but many will prefer her to fulfill her unique role as a Dancer.

Aversa, Say'ri, and Emmeryn also have Galeforce access, but you miss out on getting to pass Avatar genes down to an extra child if you marry these units. In contrast, marrying Cordelia makes Severa stronger (Avatar-like) while marrying Sumia makes Cynthia stronger.

Of course, in terms of absolute stats for Morgan and combat abilities of a wife you'd be better off with a second gen.

But if you want to go first gen (which gives you an extra Avatar-like unit at the cost of some stats), I'd suggest that Cordelia and Sumia are the soundest bets.

Just a quick one, what's the general consensus on Penne -> Lon'Qu -> Yarne -> Avatar, or Lon'Qu!Yarne!Morgan?

Specifically as a +skill/-def FeMU with the intention of creating a 100% DS Morgan pair

Edited by Arky

Sumia, Cordelia and Aversa are all on roughly equal standing for being Avatar's wife. Sumia offers both excellent mods and a second child, as well as being the only of the three with Luna, but is often booked for Chrom already, and Cynthia already has everything she needs. Aversa's mods mesh extremely well with a +Mag/-Def Avatar, and Shadowgift has a good amount of utility in non-Apo postgame. Cordelia has a second child as well, though her mods- while still very good- aren't quite up with the other two- but she's also both not in demand like Sumia is and has good availability for ingame purposes, unlike Aversa.

Lon'qu!Yarne!Morgan is one of Morgan-M's strongest options and gives him a lot of versatility, particularly as a husband for Gaius!Kjelle or Virion/Vaike!Severa. Noire doesn't have the stats to make the most of him though, and Lucina tends to make his strengths redundant.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Well, yes, I'll admit that mods are one of the weaknesses of Avatar x Cordelia.

Specifically, Cordelia has a -1 Magic mod, which works against a +Mag/whatever asset somewhat (the children will only be as good as the Avatar, mod-wise, at magic, namely at +4 if using a flaw that doesn't hurt magic and at +3 if using one that does hurt it).

Naturally, this is less than what results from other pairs.

Also, Cordelia's +1 strength isn't something that improves magic, although it does help mixed offense.

That said, Cordelia still offers some helpful mods. Namely, she offers skill +2 and speed +2, both of which are valuable modifiers to have.

A +MAG Avatar with Cordelia will have +5 speed children, putting Morgan and Severa at 47 speed as Dark Fliers. This is enough such that any class that gives a +SPD pair-up bonus (beyond the generic bonus) will let them reach 75 speed after Limit Breaker, Rallies, and Tonics, enough to double the fastest enemies in the Apotheosis DLC.

The skill mod (+3, or +2 if you take any flaw hurting skill except for a skill flaw itself) is also good. If you've chosen to use one of the children as a Sorcerer then a +2 mod will get them up to 40 skill (edited: corrected from typo of "speed") unpaired before Limit Breaker or other boosts. This means that Limit Breaker will let them get up to 50 skill (51 if you have the +3 mod) without any further assistance (pair-up, Rallies, Tonics, etc.), giving them a 100% Vengeance activation rate without any further assistance.

As for Cordelia's flaws: Magic is already addressed. Her luck -1 and her resistance -1 overlap with the -1 luck and -1 resistance caused by a defense flaw (if that is what you go with). That's useful for avoiding mod conflicts there.

Edited by astrophys

Lon'qu!Yarne!Morgan is one of Morgan-M's strongest options and gives him a lot of versatility, particularly as a husband for Gaius!Kjelle or Virion/Vaike!Severa. Noire doesn't have the stats to make the most of him though, and Lucina tends to make his strengths redundant.

What sorts of builds are good with Lon'qu!Yarne!Morgan, both in terms of high speed and high skill? I know the 100% DS build with assassin, but what else works?

Edited by Alastor15243

Good evening to all,

I'm new to SF but I have been playing fire emblem since PoR. I would like some help creating the best/optimal pairings for Apo on lunatic and I have not started my run yet. Any explanations for your choices is appreciated. I have been digging around this site and so far I only know three pairings I believe are optimal but I'm open to changes and here they are

Sumia x Chrom

Sully x Donnel

Tharja x Gaius

I saw the following pairs are good too

Cordelia x Stahl

Olivia x Frederick

Cherche x Gregor

Panne x lon'qu or vaike

Also if someone can tell me which skills and classes I should be looking out for when deciding who should marry who and which classes are recommended for Apo, that would be very appreciated!

(sorry for any bad grammar or spelling mistakes) Thanks in advance!